Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S5E5 - Kill The Boy - HAVE NOT READ the books.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

For those wondering about Vayria and The Doom, this is from Season 1 "History and Lore" that is on the Blu Ray boxset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

I thought Kill the Boy was an excellent episode. I particularly liked Ser Friendzone as he's now know lol and Tyrions recounting of the doom. Then to be distracted by Drogon while a stoneman plops into the water, sent shivers up my back.

Got to love the Boltons family get togethers. Just when I though Ramsey was finished he was away again. I can't see Mrs Bolton (nee Frey!) lasting too long either.

I like Brons character more than Jamies, but it was good to get a break from Kings landing politics etc.

Stannis, the one true king, keeps getting better. Sir Davos was his usual brilliant self.

More please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone here what stannis said to Davos when Jon was making the announcement about the wildings?Couldn't quite make it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Anyone here what stannis said to Davos when Jon was making the announcement about the wildings?Couldn't quite make it out.

corrected yours mans grammar from the use of 'less' to 'fewer'
    tallpaul wrote: »
    Very enjoyable again this week. I particularly loved Stannis and his perfect grammar. The one true king, in order to lead effectively, needs to know the difference between 'less' and 'fewer'!!

this too, think its a throwback to a previous Stannis scene iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

It hasn't been action packed this season but most of the storylines do seem to be going somewhere unlike last season.

Stannis is the man though, I really hope they don't kill him off. As for Theon, I wonder will he reveal that the Stark boys are actually still alive, of if he even has enough of his mind left to realise he didn't really kill them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

loyatemu wrote: »
    It hasn't been action packed this season but most of the storylines do seem to be going somewhere unlike last season.

Stannis is the man though, I really hope they don't kill him off. As for Theon Reek, I wonder will he reveal that the Stark boys are actually still alive, of if he even has enough of his mind left to realise he didn't really kill them...

FYP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm guessing (and hoping) there is still some of Theon left inside that head, and that he is waiting for the right time to make his move.

That's a fine well fed wife Lord Bolton has.

loyatemu wrote: »

Stannis is the man though, I really hope they don't kill him off. As for Theon, I wonder will he reveal that the Stark boys are actually still alive, of if he even has enough of his mind left to realise he didn't really kill them...

Reek told the Boltons that Bran and Rickon are alive though, remember that why ROose sent Locke to join the Nightwatch as they thought that where they be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Just when Jorah (Ger) was falling in love with Tyrion he gets the clap. That's how life goes and it's a credit to George Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭xper

Liked Stannis's "fewer" remark. He delivers some great deadpan lines now and again: "... then we ate the cats. Never liked cats. ..."

Surprised at how little we've seen of the Dornish characters at the halfway mark of the season given how prominently they featured in the pre-season clips. Alexander Siddig (Doran Martell) has had just one brief scene so far iirc.

And why is it marked "Dorne" in the opening credits sequence and not "Sunspear"? Has the name Sunspear been referenced at all in the script? All the other city locations have used the city name rather than the kingdom its in. A little thing but it irks me.

Anyway, it looks like pretty soon we'll have Stannis and his red woman, Brienne, Sansa, Theon/Reek, the Bolton boys plus a Frey and a jilted, sadistic kennel master's daughter all at Winterfell. And you thought that dinner was tense, Ramsey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Some turn around for your man , one day you face being burned alive and eaten by dragons , then a cell and certain death....

Then suddenly your told your grand and also get to Marry the Queen and get the ride...say he's happy out..

Doubt he's happy out to be honest, Dario's going to shove that fancy dagger up his hole as soon as he hears!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

The red woman would def get it the look she give john snow as she left

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I was positive that they were going to cut to the credits once Tyrion went under the water. Glad they didn't.

Loved the tension at the Bolton family dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭golfball37

I was positive that they were going to cut to the credits once Tyrion went under the water. Glad they didn't.

Loved the tension at the Bolton family dinner.

My first thoughts were, what a disappointing way to get rid of one of the main protaganists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

xper wrote: »
    And why is it marked "Dorne" in the opening credits sequence and not "Sunspear"? Has the name Sunspear been referenced at all in the script? All the other city locations have used the city name rather than the kingdom its in. A little thing but it irks me.

I've no idea what Sunspear is, as I've not read the books.
    You know there's a different thread for folks that've read the books?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A-Trak wrote: »
    I've no idea what Sunspear is, as I've not read the books.
    You know there's a different thread for folks that've read the books?

It's been mentioned by name in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Maybe because so far the activity in Dorne (little that there is) has just been in the Dornish region rather than in Sunspear itself? So far we've only seen Elliana and Prince Doran have one conversation there, the rest has been outside the city.

Of course, if the name doesn't change to Sunspear once the action focuses on the city then I'm wrong and they're just being inconsistent.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's been mentioned by name in the show.

I'm not trying to nitpick, but when and in what context?
    I've no recollection of it and seeing as you've read the books you're probably more alert to mentions of it.

And the poster I quoted asked
    Has the name Sunspear been referenced at all in the script?

How would you know a name if it hasn't to your knowledge been referenced at all in the script.....?

Start of Season 4, when Tyrion is asking where is Doran he is told he is sick and stayed in Sunspear and sent his brother Obreyn in place of him to the wedding

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Start of Season 4, when Tyrion is asking where is Doran he is told he is sick and stayed in Sunspear and sent his brother Obreyn in place of him to the wedding

Fair enough, so it's mentioned once in a line of dialogue.
    I was just wondering why a non book reader would pay such attention to a small fact and question if it ever had been mentioned in the show, in a non book readers thread.

• Advertisement

Infairness it did cross my mind why the title said Dorne, be like Winterfell saying The North
    I do hope the poster however isn't a book reader as be pretty lousy to be posting in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Feeling awful bad for Theon at this stage, just want him to grow a pair and kill Ramsay or get free.....probably a bad choice of words

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I was just wondering why a non book reader would pay such attention to a small fact and question if it ever had been mentioned in the show, in a non book readers thread.

You don't need to have read the book to know, I knew sunspear from playing the board game, some might how it from just looking at a map.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

I haven't read the books but I'm a total GoT nerd and I know what Sunspear is and I know exactly where it is. Some people have studied the maps and watched hostory videos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭xper

And the poster I quoted asked
    xper wrote:
    Has the name Sunspear been referenced at all in the script?
    How would you know a name if it hasn't to your knowledge been referenced at all in the script.....?
    Fair shout, I phrased that question completely incorrectly - it was supposed to be rhetorical along the lines of "hasn't it already been mentioned" as I was fully aware that Sunspear had been name checked in previous seasons (e.g., watched s04e01 on bluray last weekend and there's a line about Prince Doran's health forcing him to stay at Sunspear). Sorry for the consternation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭golfball37

Oberyn also mentions it to Cersei when they are having their walk pre Tyrions trial, am almost sure. They are talking about Myrcella and delivery of her present.

Fair shout, I phrased that question completely incorrectly - it was supposed to be rhetorical along the lines of "hasn't it already been mentioned" as I was fully aware that Sunspear had been name checked in previous seasons (e.g., watched s04e01 on bluray last weekend and there's a line about Prince Doran's health forcing him to stay at Sunspear). Sorry for the consternation.

I formally untwist my knickers.

Read on, non book readers!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Infairness it did cross my mind why the title said Dorne, be like Winterfell saying The North
    I do hope the poster however isn't a book reader as be pretty lousy to be posting in this thread

In fairness there was nothing spoiler like in his post even if the question was from reading the books, although it would indeed have been better suited to the other thread.

I don't generally post in these threads although I do read them and I suspect some book readers are playing a bit dumb and pretending to just be inspired at picking things up.

The way things are heading now though, the TV series will be ahead of the books very soon, and already lots of things have happened in the show that were very different or not in the books at all due to the storylines being different or characters cut. Obviously I won't go into detail though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Slightly off topic question but would anyone have a link to a good online map of the Game of Thrones world? I did Google but didn't find the results great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Slightly off topic question but would anyone have a link to a good online map of the Game of Thrones world? I did Google but didn't find the results great.
    How good and any particular area? This is an world map that's quite simple overview to help grasp the general locations for example.

5c1e48cbb3611b1c9518f4b33a11b7b5.jpg

Advertisement