Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast tournament Saturday May 9th

Options
  • 04-05-2015 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I have been appointment as the new console rep for dragon slayers in Belfast and in order to familiarise myself with how queens want request put forward and to show that there is an interest in the FGC.
    It will be ran along side the slayers 24 hour event. There will be a smash tournament ran during the day however that is not one of my events. And I will be running Ultra street fighter 4 and mortal kombat X. There will be small prize support available for both but I'm not sure what that will be u till the day. The tournaments themselves will be free to enter however there will be a door charge for the overall event. I beleave it is £8 for slayers members or £10.

Event is help in the queens university student union.
    Doors open at 12 am on the 9th and is a 24 hour event.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Could you get us start times for the tournaments? I may be able to attend (and possibly record the tournaments too).

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Dark Man

Times are still a bit up in the air as smash has to finish first, I think smash is due to end at 4 so SF will start at around 5 and MK quickly after

Dark Man wrote: »
    Times are still a bit up in the air as smash has to finish first, I think smash is due to end at 4 so SF will start at around 5 and MK quickly after

I know you're probably constricted, but I'd be pushing to start as early as possible if you want people form outside Belfast to attend- I'd nearly be on the train home at five :D

I would like to have it start earlier but all the smash guys have the stuff booked XD I'm going to see if I can push it tomorrow

If anyone has an interest in attending could you let me know, and if there's a good sense of times and numbers it will help me get times changed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I'll be there for USF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I'll attempt to go, will see

I'm gonna try too.

Couple of suggestions: First if you're looking or numbers, you should also post here asking:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/277526462423520/

Not everyone hangs out either here or there.

Secondly, unless there's roughly 6 million people playing smash, you shouldn't need all the screens to play it by 3 or so. As a tournament wears on, you need less and less set ups (til the point at the last 3 matches that have to be played on their own as the next one relies on the result of the previous). This fact could help your argument.

Thirdly- is Jonty organising the Smash? Myself or Mike could ask him nicely to not make things awkward or so (we've all gone to Scotland together)... could also offer to record some of that too to sweeten the pot.

I know one of the guys who's running smash so in going to sort out details tomorrow. I'm going to tetanus aim to have SF kick off around 2 at the latest. Would that be a suitable time do you think? Or aim earlier?

I know one of the guys who's running smash so in going to sort out details tomorrow. I'm going to tetanus aim to have SF kick off around 2 at the latest. Would that be a suitable time do you think? Or aim earlier?

I'd be happy with two myself!

• Advertisement

Well I'll aim for 2 as a start for SF and hope for a fast switch over for MK once I have a proper time etc if your still interested in recording I'll FB message you to try and sort something if that's ok? :)

That's cool. I should be there so :)

Feel free to message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Do all of Belfasts more occasional players know this is going to be on?

I have a few numbers so I can start getting the word out if it hasn't been done already. Can't have people bothering to come up from Dublin and have a crappy local turnout.

Since you have a degree of authority now as console rep definitely don't let the Smash players monopolise all the setups as the previous rep allowed them to do in the past, half the available setups should easily be enough for either game at this sort of scale.

I have got everything sorted to accommodate all we will be kicking off street fighter at 2 o'clock and upon completion we will begin running MK. And if there is any interest for other tournaments ie taken guilty gear etc I will do my best to get those on the go as well.

I will post in the EX page now and if anyone can help spread the word please do

ie taken guilty gear etc

Mate I am beast at Taken, that Liam Neeson technology is too OP. :D

Well I got autocorekt

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'll be there but unsure if I'll be able to enter. I know there's a few others planning to attend too.

blag wrote: »
    I'll be there but unsure if I'll be able to enter. I know there's a few others planning to attend too.

Deadly, it'll be good to see you!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

blag wrote: »

Anybody confitmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Anybody confitmed

Cog is a maybe (but I'm sure he'll be there...) and Mike and Simon are going so there'll be decent casuals at the very least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

Mate I am beast at Taken, that Liam Neeson technology is too OP. :D

Awk how ya doin? what about ye?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

How are Dublin lads getting up? I'm interested

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    How are Dublin lads getting up? I'm interested

I'm getting a train, booking tonight if you want in.

Gonna book at 7. If someone wants in they have to let me know by then (obviously ye can just sort yourselves out, either).

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Gonna book at 7. If someone wants in they have to let me know by then (obviously ye can just sort yourselves out, either).

How much is it, out of interest? I should be in.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    How much is it, out of interest? I should be in.

Roughly 40 euro return.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Probably too late for me to say this, but you can get the Aircoach from O'Connell Street every half hour.

Cheaper AND quicker than the train, would you believe.

Macal wrote: »
    Probably too late for me to say this, but you can get the Aircoach from O'Connell Street every half hour.

Cheaper AND quicker than the train, would you believe.

Yep that's sure how I get to Dublin when I'm going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sorry lads, I went on a bender and only woke up at 3pm.

Don't let Cog win this one plz.

Advertisement