Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

It's snowing at Punchestown!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ladeeen

Gregk961 wrote: »
    That rumour just wont go away will it

ya, don't know where it's coming from???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Is everyone actually at the races or did i miss the memo or crap racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Is everyone actually at the races or did i miss the memo or crap racing?

Have a look at the other threads in the Horse Racing forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah well there goes me 10 grand :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Michael O' Leary would drive you wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was serious performance by Don Cossack, looked a Gold Cup horse there.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Top class from Don Cossack. Thought he was struggling to keep pace with 3/4 to go and Djakadam would win but really steamrollered those last 2 fences.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I wonder is DC just not suited by Cheltenham, I mean how did he not win the Ryanair looking at his last 2 runs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

kfallon wrote: »
    I wonder is DC just not suited by Cheltenham, I mean how did he not win the Ryanair looking at his last 2 runs!

I don't like suggesting this, as a rate him, but, anything to do with Bryan Cooper?

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »

Who knows? But hes hardly on the same scale as Silviniaco Conti

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Disko will be a right horse.
    Pocket talk but stupid ride by nina, why you'd feel the need to have a first time out winner out the back of the field, bring him all the way around outside of the field and then not make use of his obvious stamina when given the chance. But anyway, don't know if he'd have beaten the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I don't like suggesting this, as a rate him, but, anything to do with Bryan Cooper?

Was discussing something similar with a mate this morn, Cooper is a good jockey and very young, hopefully in time he will be a great jockey.
    Miall108 wrote: »
    Who knows? But hes hardly on the same scale as Silviniaco Conti

Yeah but he should have destroyed that Ryanair field based on his 2 performances since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Cooper has been pants since he came back from injury. Can't pick the right one for nuts either.

Yeah but he should have destroyed that Ryanair field based on his 2 performances since!

As far as I can remember did he not have terrible bad luck in that race like did he not get caught in between two horses at one stage going over the last 2 and lost momentum. Maybe Im wrong and that was another race but I could swear it was Don Cossacks in the Ryanair Chase

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Miall108 wrote: »
    As far as I can remember did he not have terrible bad luck in that race like did he not get caught in between two horses at one stage going over the last 2 and lost momentum. Maybe Im wrong and that was another race but I could swear it was Don Cossacks in the Ryanair Chase

Yeah he did.

He wasn't going to win anyway I don't think but it certainly cost him some ground.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Yeah he did.

He wasn't going to win anyway I don't think but it certainly cost him some ground.

He also had one really bad jump where he stumbled and lost quite a bit of ground too. That prob did most of the damage

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

Any spare ticket knocking around for punchestown today!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,449 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The Fly v Jezki should be interesting again.

Hope the Fly can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

FitzShane wrote: »
    The Fly v Jezki should be interesting again.

Hope the Fly can do it.

Do you think the step up in distance will affect the Fly?

• Advertisement

No love for Dedigout? Or the out of form Jetson?

magicmoves wrote: »
    Do you think the step up in distance will affect the Fly?

He really shouldn't, but, he is still class. The way he came back at Leopy for the Irish Champion Hurdle when he was not travelling well, and put Jetski under serious pressure and win nicely, suggests a patient enough ride by Ruby would do it.

Intereting to see how Jetski gets on with another jockey. He was a tad bit lucky to win at Aintree, wasn't he, though I never thought Arctic Fire would have won (then again Wicklow Brave pulled off a surprise at Cheltenham, and AF ran well in his last two prior to Aintree)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

No love for Dedigout? Or the out of form Jetson?

Dedigout a non runner, I had it backed to beat Jezki and fly :(

Advertisement