Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elephone p7000 $159 on preorder

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

FYI: Avoid "AVG Virus Scanner" app

I've the latest update for the stock rom for this phone.
    I noticed that when I clicked on the battery graph, that the phone was constantly "Awake".

I uninstalled AVG virus scanner last night, and very soon saw that the phone was able to sleep/save battery when not in use.

Right now I'm seeing 91% battery, projected to last 1 day 11 hours.
    Fingers crossed that that was the issue.

I haven't rooted my phone, but if you're seeing similar issues where the phone stays awake, you can root your phone and install "Wakelock detector" to identify the misbehaving apps which are stopping your phone from going into lower power consumption modes when not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Thanks CreepingDeath, have AVG installed, will remove tonight and see if there's a difference.

Phone is charging at the moment, was 70%+ this morning, totally flat when I checked about half an hour ago.

Have disabled the battery saver option, to no avail, but remember seeing in battery info the phone is "awake" constantly too. Was planning to uninstall apps 1 by 1 to see if I can pinpoint the culprit(s) (if any), though will remove AVG and hope it's that.

Have another genuine battery on the way in the post, might end up being a spare :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Battery problem SOLVED :D

Sorry, that AVG virus scanner was a red herring... I thought I had seen the phone go to sleep after that.

The real culprit is the fingerprint scanner.
    As soon as you disable that for normal PIN based security, the phone can now enter power saving mode properly ( as seen in the battery graph, when it now has gaps in the "awake" bar graph )

Also, which may be related, it used to take 10+ seconds to connect to Wifi.
    After disabling the fingerprint scanner, it now seems to take aroudn 6 seconds.

Now, I'm am seeing 97% battery left and it projects 3 days.

Advertisement