Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elephone p7000 $159 on preorder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

whats the story today - havent managed to pay for one @ 159

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not on sale in all retailers yet. Spread across a few hours. According to Elephone.hk there are 15000 on sale this morning. There was only 9000 on the first sale.
    http://www.elephone.hk/MerchantSnapActivity.html

the last shop they had up had it marked as 159 but was charging 229 - will wait for the next shop to release

I didn't go through that link, but looked on another site and they had 2 options one for 229 and lower down the page for 159.

lots of shops coming online now. fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,864 ✭✭✭✭unkel

mjquinno wrote: »
    the last shop they had up had it marked as 159 but was charging 229 - will wait for the next shop to release
    They all seem to do that, WTF?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone get it for $160?

still havent been able to get one... all shop still have it at 229

unkel wrote: »
    They all seem to do that, WTF?

Once this sale is gone, which nobody seems to have stock on, they will just delete the listings for the lower priced and keep the higher priced ones listed.

It's probably a case of each retailer only having a handful even at this price. If anything they are marketing it very well and will be a popular phone and hopefully lower the cost in the coming weeks! If I don't get one at the lower price I wont be too upset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

They were available on e fox shop for about 3 minutes got as far as the paypal page but dont know enough about the site to actually place the order.Anyone ever bought from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

NATLOR wrote: »
    They were available on e fox shop for about 3 minutes got as far as the paypal page but dont know enough about the site to actually place the order.Anyone ever bought from them?

I was the same, Got to a certain point and the website crashed and now showing error 404.
    I am not sure but it seems to be a bit of a lottery and to get people onto specific websites.
    I am still tempted to buy one the the normal price, Works out to be €250 including delivery using DHL rather than Singapore post. The only thing i am worried about is the actual size of the phone. It is alot bigger that my existing phone.

€250 for this phone landed is just too much in my book. That kinda money buys you a second hand one plus one, a proven phone that we all know will perform well, or a slightly older HTC / Samsung flaghship model

€150 is a different ball game imho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

€250 for this phone landed is just too much in my book. That kinda money buys you a second hand one plus one, a proven phone that we all know will perform well, or a slightly older HTC / Samsung flaghship model

You can even pick up a used Xperia Z2 for around €200 nowadays which has very high end specs. Those phones seem to get overlooked a lot.

€150 is a different ball game imho

Exactly .. I see many other phones in around this price, albeit not as good spec but in and around what the P7000 is. But if I got one at €150 id be pleased.

Looks like I got one. From allbuy.com. Just paid with PayPal, so that gives peace of mind. €142. Hopefully I'll have it in the next month or so :p

give you 143 for it :pac:

I'm making a profit already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I want one at that price :)

Do remember that if the phone gets caught by customs you will pay €0 import duty (value under €150) + 23% VRT (€33) and possibly and admin fee of €6

So €181 all in worst case scenario and €142 best case scenario

• Advertisement

Clicked on "Crewer" ... theyre looking to charge $75 DHL shipping to Ireland - Nooo thanks!

saw that cheeky scuts....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Anywhere actually have these in stock and ready to ship?

Smashed the screen of my 1st. gen Moto G last night and was going to spring for a One Plus One until I saw this thread.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Anywhere actually have these in stock and ready to ship?

Smashed the screen of my 1st. gen Moto G last night and was going to spring for a One Plus One until I saw this thread.

You'll be doing well to get one at the lower price. Even at the higher price there doesn't seem to be much stock around - it only went on (pre)sale on Monday. It wont fully go into general sales for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

GBX wrote: »
    You'll be doing well to get one at the lower price. Even at the higher price there doesn't seem to be much stock around - it only went on (pre)sale on Monday. It wont fully go into general sales for a few weeks.
    Cheers, I wasn't expecting to get it at the lower price, more that if I was going to pay the full price I would like to know that it would be despatched immediately.

I does however bring it a lot closer to the price of the One Plus especially if it gets hit by customs although for me it would be a case of comparing the price of the 64Gb One plus against the P7000 due to its SD card lot which makes it not so bad.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

NATLOR wrote: »

Kind of annoying that you got one to checkout stage but had no intention of buying obvously ( you could have checked out the shop before the sale). I wasn't able to get one even to checkout stage and I would have bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Tried to snap one up today... just on geek buying now but getting a lovely combination of error messages... only once was i on the actual fone page but it was $229.99 (presume all of the ones on offer sold out!)... & still wouldn't let me add to cart anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

I managed to snap on and added extras like screen protector and cover etc. Waiting on shipping which will start on 25th. Let's see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Looks like I got one. From allbuy.com. Just paid with PayPal, so that gives peace of mind. €142. Hopefully I'll have it in the next month or so :p

Did you get the phone? How is it? Battery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭corks finest

P8000 on pre order now,p7000 got very lame reviews ,bending,red spots on screen,etc

Advertisement