Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 35 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Question: if I was to go for -4 at some stage before GW37, should I just do it this week and get rid of Kane (vs City) and bring in Giroud (vs Hull)? Downside to this is that if something happens to Giroud before GW37, I'm stuck with an injured DGW player taking up a valuable Arsenal spot.

Debating this myself. Giroud not playing at Old Trafford is a worry though. Welbeck started there in the cup and it worked so maybe Wenger will do the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    Myhill or Green (favouring Green)
    Terry, Berty, Clyne,
    Fab, Hazard, Sterling, Coutinho
    Giroud, Aguero, Kane

As much as I want to include Cambiasso, I think he's going to be sitting this one out?

Can anyone twist my arm?

Id Stick with that front 7 an easy decision imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If I needed a midfielder this week and wasn't overloaded with Man City then I'd be looking at Jesus Navas.

Still don't know who to go for up front though. Ideally Kramaric would start and I'd back him to score if he did but that'd be wishful thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mignolet, Myhill
    Terry, Bertrand, Schlupp, PVA, Naughton
    Hazard, Sanchez, Sterling, Coutinho, Boyd
    Aguero, Kane, Vardy.

1FT 2.3 in bank.

Any obvious changes here? Leaning towards saving so I can bring in 2 more Gunners next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    My main league is gone but I'm in a side league where we can make 3 transfers a week (max) and only your match day score is taken into account,not hits.

Team is
    Ming myhill
    Moreno azpil alderwield wolly schulp
    Oscar hendo hazard albrighton fellani
    Rooney Kane Aguero

I'm about 30 points behind so need some differentials aswell, any thing crying out too people?

Any ideas here lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any ideas here lads?

Kane to Vardy would be a differential.
    Fellaini to anyone but Fellaini? Ramsey maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Not sure who to play or who to bench, any help?

Current team:

Pantilimon (SOU)
    Lovern (OPR) Moreno (OPR) Terry (CRY) Bertrand(sun)
    Fab (vc) Hazard (c) Silva (tot) Sterling
    Giroud (hul) Aguero

Bench
    Krul (lei) Kane (MCI) Alderweireld (sun) Jones (whu)

I may swap Pant. and Krul. Not sure if I should play Kane but no idea who to swap him out for.

1 FT but I would like to keep that for next week to start getting rid of some pool players.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Bench Krul (lei) Kane (MCI) Alderweireld (sun) Jones (whu)

Pantilimon (SOU) Lovern (OPR) Moreno (OPR) Terry (CRY) Bertrand(sun) Fab (vc) Hazard (c) Silva (tot) Sterling Giroud (hul) Aguero

I'd double up on Southampton Defense before a Liverpool one... isn't Moreno flagged as a doubt anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'd double up on Southampton Defense before a Liverpool one... isn't Moreno flagged as a doubt anyway

Yeah my thinking is if he doesn't play Kane will come in. I usually prefer to play home defender rather than away.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hmm Kane to Vardy is tempting me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Has Kane lost a limb or something that I'm not aware of? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

G1032 wrote: »
    Kane to Vardy would be a differential.
    Fellaini to anyone but Fellaini? Ramsey maybe?

I would not sell fellaini this weekend

PARlance wrote: »
    Has Kane lost a limb or something that I'm not aware of? :)

All the cool people sold him last week. He was great for winter due to his versatility and everyone could pick him up for cheap in the January sales but most people are looking for something a little different as we approach summer :) Now that some dropped him last week the rest are scrambling to catch up with the latest trend :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Hmm Kane to Vardy is tempting me...

I've just made that transfer about a half an hour ago. Now that I've nothing to play for I won't be having any Spurs player in my team (Arsenal fan)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Front 8 to choose one person from which to drop this GW?

Silva,Sanchez,Henderson,Cambiasso,Hazard
    Rooney,Giroud,Kane.

Am thinking of dropping either Silva or Kane??
    Anyone willing to give me a definite choice??:)
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Should I play clyne or bellerin? Or should I play both and drop either Kane, Felliaini or benteke?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Should I play clyne or bellerin? Or should I play both and drop either Kane, Felliaini or benteke?
    Southampton away form has declined lately. Hull have benefitted from the DGW and seemed reboosted. But I'd play Bellerin for his assist potential.

--

As for me, plan was to ditch Fabregas to an Arsenal midfielder. But shouldn't I drop Silva instead? I do feel though he has more chances to get involved in goal(s) but City are so misfiring. Fabregas plays deeper but takes corner and is an assist machine this year. And Chelsea are cruising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Seem to have the same problem as everybody else. Seriously strong front eight. Half temped to take a sensible transfer & just do Bolasie --->> Boyd. Seems a waste though and I am very uncomfortable going into this GW without any Arsenal midfield or forward cover.

Fab -- Haz -- Sterling -- Bolasie -- Silva

Aguero -- Vardy -- Kane

Could do Fabregas -->>> Sanchez. Like for like essentially and a week earliar than I would have liked. Thoughts?

iroced wrote: »
    Southampton away form has declined lately. Hull have benefitted from the DGW and seemed reboosted. But I'd play Bellerin for his assist potential.

I agree but I just can't see Sunderland scoring

Fab -- Haz -- Sterling -- Bolasie -- Silva

Aguero -- Vardy -- Kane

Could do Fabregas -->>> Sanchez. Like for like essentially and a week earliar than I would have liked. Thoughts?
    Would you definitely sell Fab over Silva?

I just saw the Spurs-Man City stats on BBC and well If Agüero delivers Silva could be his assist boy (thoug he's been the assister's assist boy lately).

• Advertisement

I agree but I just can't see Sunderland scoring
    Who are your other def? Definitely better picks than Clyne & Bellerin?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right, after the harps match and finally starting Better call Saul, I'm leaving it late and my director of football has probably buggered off to bed, but I need to sort out my plan.

Rooney is fit but a lot of speculation RVP could still play up front with Rooney dropping deeper. I think the uncertainty rules either out as somebody only looking for a medium risk investment really.

Looking at my team, and the fact that my transfer pretty much has to be Sturridge out it looks like Giroud or Benteke are the only options really.

I'd love to get Rambo in before Giroud really, but with Fab finding a bit of attacking form and a potential Chelsea title winning romp, and with Sterling playing a team he's liable to score against even when playing ****è, it probably doesn't really justify -4 to move either mid when I can field this team with 1 ft.

Mignolet,
    Terry, Huth/PVA, Bertrand (Wolly)
    Haz Fab, Super Marc, Sterling (Bolasie)
    Aguero, Giroud, Kane

That would leave me with 5.4m in the bank!!

Captaincy very tempted by Aguero, I bigged up his record vs Spurs before the last game so hard to pass him now. Can see a potential high scoring game there.

Who are your other def? Definitely better picks than Clyne & Bellerin?

Terry and azpi plus pva on bench

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    Looking at my team, and the fact that my transfer pretty much has to be Sturridge out it looks like Giroud or Benteke are the only options really.

Out of interest, why are you going for Giroud over Benteke? I'm also trying to chose between the two.

Out of interest, why are you going for Giroud over Benteke? I'm also trying to chose between the two.

Close call. Probably feel a bit naked with no Arsenal player at all. Neither have an easy fixture to make them the stand out choice for this week. I'll likely get Benteke in for Kane next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Close call. Probably feel a bit naked with no Arsenal player at all. Neither have an easy fixture to make them the stand out choice for this week. I'll likely get Benteke in for Kane next week.

I'm strongly considering a -4: Remy and Kane out, Benteke and Giroud in

I'm strongly considering a -4: Remy and Kane out, Benteke and Giroud in

I'd be tempted by Benteke to Kane but have a feeling Spurs City could be a 4-3 kinda game.

You know Remy is likely to play v Palace? I'd not be so sure about shipping him for either Benteke or Giroud for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Would you definitely sell Fab over Silva?

I just saw the Spurs-Man City stats on BBC and well If Agüero delivers Silva could be his assist boy (thoug he's been the assister's assist boy lately).

Reluctant to sell Silva as 2 of my rivals have him, fearful if I do ship him he'll hurt me

I'd love to get Rambo in before Giroud really, but with Fab finding a bit of attacking form and a potential Chelsea title winning romp, and with Sterling playing a team he's liable to score against even when playing ****è, it probably doesn't really justify -4 to move either mid when I can field this team with 1 ft.

Mignolet,
    Terry, Huth/PVA, Bertrand (Wolly)
    Haz Fab, Super Marc, Sterling (Bolasie)
    Aguero, Giroud, Kane

That would leave me with 5.4m in the bank!!
    Rambo ahead of Sanchez then?

In your position I'd definitely get Giroud in. You don't need to gamble when you're high up like you are. Just captain Agüero for his hat-trick and that'll differentiate enough :p. Giroud is in form and has a DGW coming. Arsenal are not safe for top3. Benteke is on fire but doesn't have a DGW (anymore :( :pac:) and Villa while fighting the relegation battle are Villa. Not the same quality midfield behind him to deliver good balls.

I see you're Silva-free. Would you recommend to me to ditch him ahead of Fab?
    Terry and azpi plus pva on bench
    Right. I understand your selection dilemma :P.
    If you really feel Sunderland won't score then play Clyne. A reboosted Hull side may make it difficult for Arsenal and get a goal. They actually generally do score at home.
    Don't want to speak for FHFC but as I said above the DGW would have me favouring Giroud ahead of Benteke.

Just saw your last post. I agree with FHFC though. I feel Spurs-City could be a goal fest. And Remy should play...

• Advertisement

*stumbles in with a pager in one hand and a beer in the other*

You have my approval for Giroud, unless I can interest you in a Danny Welbeck :)

He's differential enough this week as attention hasn't turned to GW37 just yet. Plus you can watch him on Monday night football.

Although how about that Andi Weimann, are you sure you're not interested?

Advertisement