Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

0kee wrote: »
    Going to the picnic with my camper and haven't managed to sort a ticket yet (anyone looking to sell one??) Would they have a problem with parking it up in the car park and sleeping there? Plenty of people sleep in their cars and vans...

Look on the website - they will not permit overnights in carparks - whatever about not being too obvious in a car or van a camper will surely attract security attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Did anyone get directions in with the campervan ticket?
    Got everything checked today, replaced bulbs with LEDs, checked fridge and cooker working on gas.
    Will a standard gas canister do the fridge for the whole weekend?

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Did anyone get directions in with the campervan ticket?
    Got everything checked today, replaced bulbs with LEDs, checked fridge and cooker working on gas.
    Will a standard gas canister do the fridge for the whole weekend?

Easy. uses very little, even with a bit of cooking. Heating won't arise really - even tho' chilly at night - but you won't be there unless your in the leaba.

Bring ear plugs for sleep time

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

I know my brother is selling a campervan ticket if you are still looking.

Did anyone get directions with their campervan ticket?

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Did anyone get directions with their campervan ticket?

No - but area is well signposted - harder to get lost than find the site entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Roneyc

Hi all - first time bringing my camper this year, been slumming it in tent a few times before. I see on the site they advise campervans to be there on Thursday - I won't be there until Friday afternoon...does the site fill up quickly?

Also does anyone know what the deal with awnings is, I see officially that they're not allowed but is this enforced...was kind of counting on being able to put mine up!

Roneyc wrote: »
    Hi all - first time bringing my camper this year, been slumming it in tent a few times before. I see on the site they advise campervans to be there on Thursday - I won't be there until Friday afternoon...does the site fill up quickly?

Also does anyone know what the deal with awnings is, I see officially that they're not allowed but is this enforced...was kind of counting on being able to put mine up!

Camper site is open from 4pm Thursday - so you can arrive from then but not essential (if they all did it would be chaos) - Friday up to lunchtime would be a leisurely option with loads space.

No awnings allowed but that seems to be ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Just in case you are going to the family camper site, it does not open until Friday morning. I think that gazebos are allowed so an awning should be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Anytime we've been there the security guy has asked if we're putting up an awning so he can leave enough space for it as he directs the next van into it's space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Roneyc

Thats good news! Will be down before lunch Friday so hopefully will be early enough to nab a spot with enough space for the awning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimmystar23

is there generally any craft beers on sale at EP?

Been in the campervan queue for over an hour now, hopefully almost there!

Well that went well.

Great weekend. Weather held up great.

Bigger crowd noticeable this year but venue just about managed to cater for it.

Could do with plenty extra seating areas - some great food stalls but no place to sit and eat in a bit of comfort (yes getting old).

Camper area could do with a few more Loos (several queues over the weekend) - yes most of us have the facilities but some camper yokes are dubious and the fleet of smaller vans need access. The extra €60 should be enough to iron out the minor issues.

Noticed a lot of extra cars in this year - no Camper Ticket - how's that (no not the ones pulling caravans - the ones parked up with campers)

Pet peeve - plastic Cup recycling as a money spinner:
    How to lump an extra 20c on the price of a pint - pretend you are running a "green" festival and run a nonsense plastic cup recycling wheez. Price of pint €6.20 (€6.70 for Paulaner). You get the 20c back if you beggar yourself at a designated collection point (in yet another queue) but bring back your cup for a refill at the bar they still charge you the €6.20
    Handy money for kids doing the collecting but not a true and fair recycling scheme - most people gave up on it but the Bar operator pocketed a tidy extra profit. Oh and they insist that the returned cup is unbroken although they were just bagging them in bin bags presumably to be carted off to be preprocessed which was the only positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Were there chemical waste disposal points in the camper section?
    €6.20 for a beer is daylight robbery.

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Were there chemical waste disposal points in the camper section?
    €6.20 for a beer is daylight robbery.

Yeah - had a couple of plastic pits. Did the job - if you're short is a bit of a struggle reaching in.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Martin_D wrote: »
    Well that went well.

Noticed a lot of extra cars in this year - no Camper Ticket - how's that (no not the ones pulling caravans - the ones parked up with campers)

it may explain the new caravan and car specific ticket they've introduced this year.

Advertisement