Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leona Maguire - LPGA Winner 2022/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

eagle eye wrote: »
    Don't forget she's a rookie, all these experiences will help her.

Well second season rookie anyway! But fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well second season rookie anyway! But fair point.
    Shes a rookie on the LPGA tour.
    https://www.golfchannel.com/tours/lpga/2021/statistics/rookie-of-the-year

eagle eye wrote: »

She's a rookie and she's in her second season on tour so i thought that might make her a "second season" rookie, but i wouldn't quibble over it!

I may have referenced her problems earlier, but Lydia Ko looks to be back to her best. Phenomenal round ongoing here, really laying it down to the leader.

Leona flying in the Lotte, she's one off the lead after 8 holes of the third round and coming on strong.

• Advertisement

Things change so quickly, one off the lead playing 11, she puts her second in the water and ends up with a bogey and while she's doing that Nelly Korda birdies and she's now four back.

Leona birdies 14 then eagles 15, one off the lead again.

An excellent 65 for Leona, unfortunately she's currently three back and it could be four or even five by the time Lydia Ko finished. Still it's by far the closest she's been going into the last round of an LPGA event. She has a great chance tomorrow of at least a really high finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭paulos53

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Pity its on so late. Probably will see alot of her on tv tonight as she is in the second to last group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Is it only The Golf Channel / NBC showing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Sky Sports usually have live lpga coverage for free on youtube, but I can't seem to find the link for this weeks event :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Sky Sports usually have live lpga coverage for free on youtube, but I can't seem to find the link for this weeks event :confused:

Yeah that's where I normally go for it too. Very strange there's no word on it on either the main channel or youtube

Leona off to a good start, -2 through three holes and three back of the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Golf channel still the only way to watch this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Finished T-2 with four others after shooting -5 for today and -21 for the tournament!

Really brilliant performance by Leona!

Huge result for her. She'll believe she belongs there after that, hopefully it'll lead to a win soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭paulos53

Some final round highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Great result. Only 2 bogies over 4 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Great to hear. Not too surprising as she seems be gradually getting closer and closer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

My God! Can you imagine being up against her down the final 9. I think this result (her 2nd Top 10 this season) is huge. She has to be amongst the strongest mentally out there on tour. Looks stronger & to be hitting it further too. Ireland's next Major champ I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Brilliant performance. It'd be great to see her make a run at the Solheim cup team, would be a first for an Irish woman I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Brilliant performance. It'd be great to see her make a run at the Solheim cup team, would be a first for an Irish woman I think.

Looked that up recently, yeah it seems she would be the first. Even if it doesn't happen next time round, I'd say it's more a matter of when not if.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Quality performance. Trending really well. Great to see her name up there with some real titans in the women's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Leonas name has been mentioned as a potential Solheim Cup player, Sky Sports said a few weeks ago that The Solheim Cup captain has been watching her closely and as it seems she can't qualify through the European placings, a few good performances in the U.S will help her cause

Gonna be inside world top 100 when rankings are updated tomorrow, according to greg allen on rte, so looks like another milestone reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

One thing that could work in her favour is that there's seemingly not many European ladies in great form. Might be a chance to make hay over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Great performance and result ,hopefully she will kick on and string together a run of results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Does she lose her balance a little some of the time after going after it with the woods? I notice near the end of the highlight reel above she does some funny thing with her feet. (Didn't seem to affect the shots in anyway mind!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Gonna be inside world top 100 when rankings are updated tomorrow, according to greg allen on rte, so looks like another milestone reached.

Yeah up 25 places to 93rd.

Advertisement