Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sufjan Stevens - The Helix, Dublin, August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

it's 1min walk and I don't think you need to be a student, but I doubt it's open this time of the year with most students away for the summer.

There's also Matt Weldens/The Slipper just across from the DCU entrance on the Ballymun Road if you're getting the 13A bus there.

It is open and quite busy every day! €4 pints go down very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭sporina

frantic190 wrote: »
    It is open and quite busy every day! €4 pints go down very well.

cool - so what bar is that? i read something about Nubar? Is there a bar in the students union too?

sporina wrote: »
    cool - so what bar is that? i read something about Nubar? Is there a bar in the students union too?

That's NuBar in the Hub (which I think is the students union?), it's basically in the middle of the campus. I'm not aware of any other bar but I'm not a DCU student, my girlfriend just works in DCU.

https://www.dcu.ie/sites/default/files/info/DCU_Map_21_Aug_2015.jpg

You can see it in relation to the Helix on that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Stage times from the helix website for anyone interested..

Show Dates & Times:

Friday 28th and Saturday 29th August 2015

Doors 7.30pm | Support act: 8pm | Main act: 9pm

The support act, Madisen Ward and the Mama Bear, a mother and son folk duo from Missouri could be interesting.

yeah... the day after tomorrow... i love when i am able to say that about something i am looking forward to....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Lads. Does anyone know what time this will end. Need to be at O' Connell street at 11.30 for my bus home. And I'm not leaving early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

His last shows other than festivals were about 2 hours, he's starting at 9.
    So I'd say it would be very tight

His last shows other than festivals were about 2 hours, he's starting at 9.
    So I'd say it would be very tight
    Brilliant thanks. Guess I'm going out after. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

My mate text me yesterday to say he'd a spare ticket and asked if i'd go.

I am fecking delighted.

yeah... you lucky sod,....

enjoy enjoy...

oh this time tomorrow we will be at the warm up,...

• Advertisement

oh for those who are at the gig tonight - be sure to alert spoilers if ye are posting.. enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

About two minutes to show time. Obscenely excited. Really liking the venue.

yeah, as in reports from tonights gig - not to spoil it for those going tomorrow..

I feel drained after that...... in the best possible way. That was immense, beyond all expectations.

mosstin wrote: »
    I feel drained after that...... in the best possible way. That was immense, beyond all expectations.

I concur! I absolutely loved it.
    The song before the encore was brilliant, I thought the helix was going to collapse all around us.

I was there for Modest Mouse last month and thankfully there was no issue with the sound. Everything was spot on. Even the crowd were great, no one talking and very few people taking photos.

For the people going tomorrow, enjoy. You're in for a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Immense. A feast of musicianship and stage production.

If you're going to the second show stay away from this thread just in case. You don't want anything spoiled.

But please be there before 9 O clock. The only thing wrong with the show was people getting in the way for the first half hour. Also they accidentally double booked the last two rows of the flat stalls (rows G and H). If they've done that again don't worry. They just put some chairs at the back of the flat stalls for the extra people.

btw lads. I made it to my bus on time if anyone was wondering. :cool:

Jesus that was incredible. I was one of the double booked people and I ended up in better seats :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Eek I looked at setlist.fm looks incredible, for sister does he do it a capella with the audience?

no looking no looking..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Eek I looked at setlist.fm looks incredible, for sister does he do it a capella with the audience?

I've been following setlist throughout this tour and sometimes he does sister and sometimes he doesn't. I'll be fecking raging if he doesn't do it cause it's one of my favorites

Each song after the break was sublime - understated, quiet, him, the band and that ****ing voice. Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭alwayswright

Still processing yesterday's gig. Absolutely phenomenal, first Sufjan gig and it surpassed my expectations.

Standout moment for me was before the encore. Totally transformed the ending of that song. Would go again tonight in a heartbeat if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Anyone kmow if thre DCU bar will be open before the gig?

Not sure if the dcu bar will be open but the one in the helix should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

You should be grand with the Helix bar. The queue for coffee was longer than the one for beer last night.

Everyone going tonight will have an amazing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

So jealous of anyone going tonight. Last night was absolutely spectacular!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Really great gig. I spotted some free seats 5 rows from the front, dead centre, and they were empty so I was able to move up there for an incredible view.
    Felt bad for a guy that was ahead of me in the queue when his ticket wouldn't scan. Staff member then looked at it and realised it was for tonight's show and not Friday's. Bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Effects wrote: »
    Really great gig. I spotted some free seats 5 rows from the front, dead centre, and they were empty so I was able to move up there for an incredible view.
    Felt bad for a guy that was ahead of me in the queue when his ticket wouldn't scan. Staff member then looked at it and realised it was for tonight's show and not Friday's. Bummer.

At least he wasn't trying to get in tonight with last nights ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mods, hope its ok to post the below, please delete.

I have two tickets for Sufjans gig in the Manchester Apollo this Monday night.

Due to some bad personal news yesterday Im sadly not able to attend it so would hate for the tickets to go to waste.

If anyone would be interested in buying them I will sell both for €90 in total. Thats less than my wife paid for them and not including the booking fee we paid.

They are e-tickets so if someone is interested I can email them.

Paypal accepted if someone is interested.

Apologies if Im breaking the rules mods.

Cheers.

Advertisement