Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sufjan Stevens - The Helix, Dublin, August

Options
  • 20-04-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Opening his new tour here with 2 shows, according to The Ticket

Whats with these shows in The Helix? Never been there for a gig before, any use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Whats with these shows in The Helix? Never been there for a gig before, any use?

Also interested in the answer but will be going to this regardless - great news that's he's doing his best own shows here - and at the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

A bit pricey but seems like a most see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭sporina

I have been really hoping that he would play he; was considering going to Edinburgh but I could not justify the cost of the flights…

Not been to the Helix either; maybe the other venues are booked up - but I would not care if he was playing in a parochial hall - i'm just delighted he's playing here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Is it sold out already? I'm getting a tickets not available when I use the helix website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Got two tickets this morning for the Friday show and there was already limited availability.

Toast wrote: »

how did you cop this?

we went to a box office and got THEE last two tickets for sat night WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 162tmac

Yeah, from what it seemed this morning tickets were gone after about 10-20 mins?
    Says sold out on the Helix event page anyway (for their ticket allocation).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I got seats 19 and 20 in Row B.
    Only downside is he may spit on us
    http://thehelix.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Mahony-Lower.jpg?060136

I got seats 19 and 20 in Row B.
    Only downside is he may spit on us
    http://thehelix.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Mahony-Lower.jpg?060136

why would he spit on you? you should be so lucky :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Got my ticket but only just!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭emo72

damn hope he puts on an extra show

emo72 wrote: »
    damn hope he puts on an extra show

doubt it his itinerary is choca block

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Gutted I missed out on tickets for this, didnt even know he was playing til I saw the announcement this morning on Ticketbastard that it was sold out.

:rolleyes:

If any of you fine people that have got tickets are unable to make it I will take them off your hands, either night would do.

:)

Gutted I missed out on tickets for this, didnt even know he was playing til I saw the announcement this morning on Ticketbastard that it was sold out.

:rolleyes:

If any of you fine people that have got tickets are unable to make it I will take them off your hands, either night would do.

:)

there are dozens of people looking for tickets on line already unfortunately

but try your luck nearer the time or check toutless anytime - or put an ad up on gumtree.. i am a firm believe in cancelations due to change of plans/unforeseen circumstances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

sporina wrote: »
    there are dozens of people looking for tickets on line already unfortunately

but try your luck nearer the time or check toutless anytime - or put an ad up on gumtree.. i am a firm believe in cancelations due to change of plans/unforeseen circumstances

Toutless was the first place I checked this morning, there are already about 25 people looking for them too!

Ah well, you snooze you lose I guess but sure I may get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ginolan

I'll pay £100 if anyone has a spare ticket - either night.

ginolan wrote: »
    I'll pay £100 if anyone has a spare ticket - either night.

wow thats alot to offer - how did you miss out on tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

I was at a wedding on the day tickets went on sale and it totally slipped my mind.
    Beyond heartbroken at the thoughts of missing this gig
    No doubt ill end up paying through the nose like ginolan too but he is worth it.
    His gig in the Olympia is one of the best ive ever been to by anyone

I was at a wedding on the day tickets went on sale and it totally slipped my mind.
    Beyond heartbroken at the thoughts of missing this gig
    No doubt ill end up paying through the nose like ginolan too but he is worth it.
    His gig in the Olympia is one of the best ive ever been to by anyone

yeah i was at that gig too - one of the best gigs i was ever at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭leakyboots

yeah i was at that gig too - one of the best gigs i was ever at

Good gig but thought it was 'weirdness' for the sake of weirdness. Chicago was cool though with all the bouncing balls

leakyboots wrote: »
    Good gig but thought it was 'weirdness' for the sake of weirdness. Chicago was cool though with all the bouncing balls

to be fair the weirdness of the show, as you say, was totally in line with the album he had out at the time - Age of adz - as it was inspired by the artwork of
    royal robertson who had schizophrenia..

Chicago was from Illinois which was a totally different album in terms of theme

so the gig looms... yeah..

never been to the Helix - I am staying in the city centre - where would be good to go for a few pre gigs pints before the gig? maybe close to the venue? I assume there is a bar in the venue and or is there a bar near by? would love if there was somewhere that would be playing some sufjan before the gig - pre gig warm up...

I did a quick google there but found nothing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 UlrikeSchnieke

Hi guys,

haven't been following Sufjan Stevens for a while and was delighted to see that he's on concert next weekend. Saw there are still tickets for both days available online and went to the ticketmaster store the next day to get harcopies (should be a present). SOLD OUT.

Rather unfortunate.If there's anyone looking to sell 1 or two tickets do let me know! :)

Thanks
    Ulrike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Hope you get better sound than the Modest Mouse gig at the Helix. Dire.

Will be interesting to see what this one is like i.e. was it the venue or was it the band/equipment/sound engineer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Hope you get better sound than the Modest Mouse gig at the Helix. Dire.

Will be interesting to see what this one is like i.e. was it the venue or was it the band/equipment/sound engineer?
    I think we have established it was the sound engineer. Support bands were fine.
    So this will be fine too

so back to my original query - lol - where to go for sufjan at the helix pre gig drinks?

with regards to the sound, jesus what ever about the fans, Sufjan would have a baby if the sound was bad - I know nothing about the modest mouse gig but I would assume that it was the engineer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

so back to my original query - lol - where to go for sufjan at the helix pre gig drinks?

with regards to the sound, jesus what ever about the fans, Sufjan would have a baby if the sound was bad - I know nothing about the modest mouse gig but I would assume that it was the engineer...

The Comet's a decent spot considering the area it's in, if you're young enough you could pull off being a student and get cheap pints in the DCU student bar :pac:

The Comet's a decent spot considering the area it's in, if you're young enough you could pull off being a student and get cheap pints in the DCU student bar :pac:

thanks - regardless of age/being a student or not, is the student bar near the helix? and does one need to be a student to get in? not worried about the price of the pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's 1min walk and I don't think you need to be a student, but I doubt it's open this time of the year with most students away for the summer.

There's also Matt Weldens/The Slipper just across from the DCU entrance on the Ballymun Road if you're getting the 13A bus there.

Advertisement