Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 19/04

Options
  • 18-04-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Curragh 3 20. Cash or Casualty. put this up the last day when it scored at Cork. i generally dont follow up with handicap horses however I think this is overpriced again tomorrow. i would have it as second fav at 6s. has gone up 7 pounds to a mark of 65 but still looks well in having previously won off 85. Thisnk he is worth 1 pt at 10/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Curragh 3 20. Cash or Casualty. put this up the last day when it scored at Cork. i generally dont follow up with handicap horses however I think this is overpriced again tomorrow. i would have it as second fav at 6s. has gone up 7 pounds to a mark of 65 but still looks well in having previously won off 85. Thisnk he is worth 1 pt at 10/1

I followed you on that one the last time and it it was a cracking run! At 7's with PP and still 10's with B365. I'll be looking at the Smullen/Weld horses tomorrow, they've been running really well lately, so if the prices are worth it, I'll have a go

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Doing a double with the two in-form trainers, Massinga (Weld) and Bon Chic (Skelton)

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Mimicking in the 2.20 Curragh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Focussing on the curragh today

Mimicking 2.20
    Sovereign debt 3.50
    Massinga 4.20
    Stronger than me 4.50
    I'll find my way 5.20

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thought that was a very taking debut from Mimicking, travelled sweetly and picked up nicely.

• Advertisement

Wasn't gonna have a bet in the 2.50 Curragh but im gonna take a chance on Sugar Mill

Bolger you shrewd f**ker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

And thats why irish racing is a disgrace. Big race at the Curragh and the top 2 is 50/1 and 33/1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bolger you shrewd f**ker

Shrewd? He is rancid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Doing a double with the two in-form trainers, Massinga (Weld) and Bon Chic (Skelton)
    :eek: C'mon Massinga!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Bolger the pr1ck

The bolger benefit day at the curragh

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Gringo180 wrote: »
    And thats why irish racing is a disgrace. Big race at the Curragh and the top 2 is 50/1 and 33/1 :pac:

Never happens in English Racing then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Four races with 3 or less runners at Wincanton. Christ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

The last race at the Curragh.what did any of ye see the John Oxx Sea the Stars filly. Awful start but she recovered very quickly to get back into the top 5. Obviously, that bad start meant she lost the race by then, wasted too much petrol, but, coming to the final 3 furlongs she definitely was willing.

Definitely think that if she had a better start (and better jockey) she would have had an interesting start,at least fighting for a place.

Might want to see an eye on this horse

Bolger you shrewd f**ker

Played a blinder today. Let Weld have Leopardstown and Bolger have Curragh. Delighted Parish Hall got ahead.hate that tongue wagging. Loch Gorman was impressive

But,sure, the horses aren't to know what odds they are. Bolgers horse had a recent run, alas, not on a course like the Curragh. Betting on races where horses are just back for a lengthy period is like a lottery unless it's a group 1.

I backed In Salteum (only cause he was a little more reliable and more rested and nice draw) and Scruthan. I was more confident on the latter, yet the more favourable horse failed to place.

When Obrien is on form, his horses go at crazy prizes even if they are unproven at distance (and jockey says ground ain't ideal) people just back the likes of Bolger, Weld and Obrien no matter what.

rocky911 wrote: »
    Bolger the pr1ck

Why? Out of interest

I follow alot of his horses (not just betting) and trust me, he and Manning can be frustrating. But why is he a prick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

It was a typical early season raceday, bolger winning plenty and o briens disappointing. The likes of Smugglers cove and Due Diligence will be wiping the floor with them horses in another month or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭droidman123

Why? Out of interest

I follow alot of his horses (not just betting) and trust me, he and Manning can be frustrating. But why is he a prick?

I agree with rocky about bolger,maybe for different reasons.its well known on these horse racing forums my utter disdain for the man.the reason, because of the way he completely thinks punters are morons,in an interview a while back on atr it was disgusting the way he spoke and looked down on punters.i detest the guy with a passion

Gregk961 wrote: »
    It was a typical early season raceday, bolger winning plenty and o briens disappointing. The likes of Smugglers cove and Due Diligence will be wiping the floor with them horses in another month or two

Probably. But, Due Diligence was no favourite despite last year. Out for a while and only second race at 7f and ground the connections said was not helpful. Today was just to give the horse a chance.

Sure Weld won't be banging them in left right and centre all year either,once Obrien has all of them running on good ground in a months time

Still think Bolger has some decent chances with his horses this year, provided Manning stops getting his horses into trouble

Either way, Guineas,Oaks/ Derby,(Irish and England) a couple of Royal Ascots ,Breeders Cup and a few runs at Longchamp Festival. After that, I doubt Ballydoyle give a ****e about the other races

I agree with rocky about bolger,maybe for different reasons.its well known on these horse racing forums my utter disdain for the man.the reason, because of the way he completely thinks punters are morons,in an interview a while back on atr it was disgusting the way he spoke and looked down on punters.i detest the guy with a passion

Ah ye, well aware of the disdain.Ya, a charmless ****er alright. "tough task master but fair" as his prodigies have all said. You would wonder what people really think.

Sure, he has always been a bit difficult. I remember one clip from the early 1990s he was pushing people away from him after a big race, to be fair, he was protecting his horse from the excited crowd

I assume you say the interview /documentary with Mark Chapman "the man" lol

Still, at least,whatever we think of Mannings jockey ability, he is a much nicer man,Bolger hasn't rubbed off him

Still a great trainer though,lol.

Comes to show, we slag of O'Brien when he says a lot but says nothing.at least he is more open to talking to the media

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Four races with 3 or less runners at Wincanton. Christ.

You will see this in Ireland too. The UK are culling races for next season. Hope the same happens in Ireland. They need to address the reasons for the fall in ownership, crap prize money below pattern level being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

What exactly is rancid about Bolger having a 50/1 winner??
    If anyone can give me a reasonable answer I'd be absolutely delighted / shocked.

All I see when I see a 50/1 winner, 33/1 second is a surprise result which clearly also surprised the punting public too and ultimately the bookies(to their delight). No-one won big from the two of them, no-one was pulling wool over anyones eyes.
    The odds dictate that a horse will have a chance of winning.
    Even if Bolger fancied his runner, he has no obligation to shout from the rooftops. He clearly didn't fancy the horse though, nor did many lads or lassies from the stable evidently.
    He's a cranky so and so and certainly wouldn't be high on the list of trainers I'd like to have a pint with but jaysus some people haven't got a breeze.

What exactly is rancid about Bolger having a 50/1 winner??
    If anyone can give me a reasonable answer I'd be absolutely delighted / shocked.

No they were saying that Bolger is rancid

And that horse racing had gone to hell with horses backed at 50 -1 winning decent prized races

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

No they were saying that Bolger is rancid

And that horse racing had gone to hell with horses backed at 50 -1 winning decent prized races

Doesn't matter if the horse is running in class 7 in Wolves or the l'arc, a 50/1 shot still has the same shot.
    Might suggest the race wasn't a strong renewal, but it far from suggests horse racing has gone to hell.

Doesn't matter if the horse is running in class 7 in Wolves or the l'arc, a 50/1 shot still has the same shot.
    Might suggest the race wasn't a strong renewal, but it far from suggests horse racing has gone to hell.

I'm not the one who was complaining about the odds, more or less on the same grounds you made. I believe that there were some decent horses, the usual types that would come out for a race like that at this time of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Do the likes of Bolger and O'Brien like to have a bet themselves? I often wonder how the markets work, say for example an O'Brien horse is being very well backed, is that because he's told people to get on?

• Advertisement

Stacksey wrote: »
    Do the likes of Bolger and O'Brien like to have a bet themselves? I often wonder how the markets work, say for example an O'Brien horse is being very well backed, is that because he's told people to get on?

Bolger seems too pious. Forces his no drinking and smoking, mass going attitude on his staff. When I say force, I don't mean that strictly

Advertisement