Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U21 Football 2015

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭threeball

They give as good as they get. Your entitled to your opinion, but the facts speak for themselves.

Yes, yes they do

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

How many of this Tyrone team also played v Kerry in the 2013 minor quarter final ?

If I recall Tyrone were pretty cynical that day.

They breed it early in them up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

How many of this Tyrone team also played v Kerry in the 2013 minor quarter final ?

If I recall Tyrone were pretty cynical that day.

They breed it early in them up north.

Unlike Kerry, the innocent wee angels. Or the 'cute hoors' or whatever cliched rubbish it is. The amount of whinging in the aftermath of Sat's match has been pathetic. Sure a Tyrone player was stamped on in the first half (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_1nolsOhI&feature=youtu.be), the free-count was the same (and frankly a lot of Tipp's frees in the second half were pretty damn soft). So what's the problem...oh yeah Tyrone won. It's just one big whinge fest about nothing "oh Ricey McMenamin this, dirty thugs that, bred early into them blah blah." It's pathetic.

aveytare wrote: »
    Unlike Kerry, the innocent wee angels. Or the 'cute hoors' or whatever cliched rubbish it is. The amount of whinging in the aftermath of Sat's match has been pathetic. Sure a Tyrone player was stamped on in the first half (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_1nolsOhI&feature=youtu.be), the free-count was the same (and frankly a lot of Tipp's frees in the second half were pretty damn soft). So what's the problem...oh yeah Tyrone won. It's just one big whinge fest "oh Ricey McMenamin this, dirty thugs that, bred early into them blah blah." It's pathetic.

Is that the only stick you have to beat Tipp with ? :rolleyes: I think the complaints are referring to Tyrones whole approach to the game from the off, the continous grabbing by the balls of Tipperary players, the playacting in order to waste time, at one stage you had Tyrone players trying to put off the Tipperary free taker.

If we done anything out of order it was reactionary rather than proactionary. I dont condone it or anything but id be satisfied that we went out to win a final from the off by focusing on possession and taking our chances whilst on the other hand im not so sure the match ball was Tyrones immediate focus.

Is that the only stick you have to beat Tipp with ? :rolleyes: I think the complaints are referring to Tyrones whole approach to the game from the off, the continous grabbing by the balls of Tipperary players, the playacting in order to waste time, at one stage you had Tyrone players trying to put off the Tipperary free taker.

If we done anything out of order it was reactionary rather than proactionary. I dont condone it or anything but id be satisfied that we went out to win a final from the off by focusing on possession and taking our chances whilst on the other hand im not so sure the match ball was Tyrones immediate focus.

Didn't see much playacting. I saw Cathal McShane getting a few bad knocks (including the stamp) and he eventually had to go off even though he was probably Tyrone's best player and was MotM. So yeah he was on the ground a few times but other than that I didn't see much of that kinda thing. Was a bit of time-wasting near the end alright but that's ubiquitous these days, unfortunately. Doesn't make it right but I don't think it can be used as a stick to beat Tyrone with.

I've no truck with Tipperary, you were unlucky and most of the complaining seems to be from other counties. ****ty way to lose an all-ireland final considering Tyrone were lucky enough to get a free at the end but I thought we did enough in the second half to win. For all the complaints it was a good match in bad conditions which seems to have gone unnoticed because we're ruining the sport and all that.

• Advertisement

Didn't see much playacting. I saw Cathal McShane getting a few bad knocks (including the stamp which you don't seem bothered about) and he eventually had to go off even though he was probably Tyrone's best player and was MotM. So yeah he was on the ground a few times but other than that I didn't see much of that kinda thing. Was a bit of time-wasting near the end alright but that's ubiquitous these days, unfortunately. Doesn't make it right but I don't think it can be used as a stick to beat Tyrone with.

I've no truck with Tipperary, you were unlucky and most of the complaining seems to be from other counties.

And what about the balls grabbing or the cynical treatment of Colin O'Riordan that you seem happy to ignore? Ive seen the stamp (your sole defense) and tbh O'brien was probably lucky on that occasion but i can guarantee it was reactionary on our part. That number 9 went down timewasting on several occasions, coincidentally right after Tyrone got the goal he was fighting for his life and then amazingly again in injury time and time wasnt even added for it. Acknowleding whats in front of you is the first step to fixing it.

And what about the balls grabbing or the cynical treatment of Colin O'Riordan that you seem happy to ignore? Ive seen the stamp (your sole defense) and tbh O'brien was probably lucky on that occasion but i can guarantee it was reactionary on our part. That number 9 went down timewasting on several occasions, coincidentally right after Tyrone got the goal he was fighting for his life and then amazingly again in injury time and time wasnt even added for it. Acknowleding whats in front of you is the first step to fixing it.

Well McShane i.e. the number 9 was taken off after a few knocks which he probably wouldn't have been considering he was Tyrone's main man, so I doubt he was fine. He didn't look fine going off anyway. And how can you guarantee the stamp was reactionary, that doesn't even make sense, have you looked at the clip? He was kicked in the same clip as well. I'm not ignoring O'Riordan, you didn't mention him hence I didn't comment on him. McShane bodychecked him after being stamped on himself, that's all I really remember.

McShane gets targeted = play-acting and reactionary
    O'Riordan on the other hand, completely different.

Well McShane i.e. the number 9 was taken off after a few knocks which he probably wouldn't have been considering he was Tyrone's main man, so I doubt he was fine. He didn't look fine going off anyway. And how can you guarantee the stamp was reactionary, that doesn't even make sense, have you looked at the clip? He was kicked in the same clip as well. I'm not ignoring O'Riordan, you didn't mention him hence I didn't comment on him. McShane bodychecked him after being stamped on himself, that's all I really remember.

Shouldn't the fact that other counties are pointing out that you play with thuggery as part of the game plan rather than tipp supporters crying after a loss tell you something.

As for McShane, he was dishing it out all day and probably shouldn't even have being playing in the final given his own conduct in the semii. I'm not condoning the stamp but Tyrone dish out far more than they ever get back and thats true at most grades. The fact that you and your fellow countymen can't see that or admit to it says more to the attitude that prevails in the county than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

The most obvious time wasting I noticed I have to say was the Tipp Goalie taking sooooo lonnnnng with his kickouts for the first 45 or 50 minutes of the game. Coincidentally, this stopped when Tyrone took the lead....

threeball wrote: »
    Shouldn't the fact that other counties are pointing out that you play with thuggery as part of the game plan rather than tipp supporters crying after a loss tell you something.

As for McShane, he was dishing it out all day and probably shouldn't even have being playing in the final given his own conduct in the semii. I'm not condoning the stamp but Tyrone dish out far more than they ever get back and thats true at most grades. The fact that you and your fellow countymen can't see that or admit to it says more to the attitude that prevails in the county than anything else.

Post I just saw on gaaboard.com from a sligo poster that I think is relevant:

"I watched the game yesterday, it was good game played in tough conditions with both teams giving it all and doing what it took to win. I thought if anything Tipperary were slightly the more cynical and the midfielder was very lucky not to get the line for what he did to the Tyrone no9 who continued to come in for special treatment all game long. Felt sorry for Tipp at the time as they were desperately unlucky to fall short and the way the game ended with them being denied a chance of an equaliser must have been sickening but I quickly lost that sympathy when hearing the stories of the comments they made after the game and denying the Tyrone manager from offering his commiserations after the game. I certainly can't understand the negativity towards Tyrone on the basis of yesterday and would agree that there seems to be an agenda against Northern teams.

I have seen Sligo play against plenty of Northern sides in my time following GAA and I can safely say I found them a lot less cynical and dirty than some of our closer neighbours."

"For what it's worth I attended the game between Roscommon and Tyrone and I didn't see any signs of cynicism beyond the norm with Tyrone that day. They were just a better team who were hungrier. The incident you highlighted with Daly and the Tyrone lad seemed to have been instigated by Daly who was giving it as good as he was getting it at the least.

I have to agree with the Tyrone lads here, if Kerry, Dublin or Mayo adopt these tactics they are exonerated as being cute or intelligent. If an Ulster side do it they are thugs and cynical who are ruining the game."

• Advertisement

Post I just saw on gaaboard.com from a sligo poster that I think is relevant:

"I watched the game yesterday, it was good game played in tough conditions with both teams giving it all and doing what it took to win. I thought if anything Tipperary were slightly the more cynical and the midfielder was very lucky not to get the line for what he did to the Tyrone no9 who continued to come in for special treatment all game long. Felt sorry for Tipp at the time as they were desperately unlucky to fall short and the way the game ended with them being denied a chance of an equaliser must have been sickening but I quickly lost that sympathy when hearing the stories of the comments they made after the game and denying the Tyrone manager from offering his commiserations after the game. I certainly can't understand the negativity towards Tyrone on the basis of yesterday and would agree that there seems to be an agenda against Northern teams.

I have seen Sligo play against plenty of Northern sides in my time following GAA and I can safely say I found them a lot less cynical and dirty than some of our closer neighbours."

"For what it's worth I attended the game between Roscommon and Tyrone and I didn't see any signs of cynicism beyond the norm with Tyrone that day. They were just a better team who were hungrier. The incident you highlighted with Daly and the Tyrone lad seemed to have been instigated by Daly who was giving it as good as he was getting it at the least.

I have to agree with the Tyrone lads here, if Kerry, Dublin or Mayo adopt these tactics they are exonerated as being cute or intelligent. If an Ulster side do it they are thugs and cynical who are ruining the game."

Oh the Shligo boys have sphoken..../thread :rolleyes:

Oh the Shligo boys have sphoken..../thread :rolleyes:

It was relevant to threeball's post.

It was relevant to threeball's post.

I've had conversations with at least 15 people about the semi finals and finals of the u21 competition, some intercounty players, and the general consensus was that Tyrone were blessed to have finished both games with more than 13 players. Got numerous texts to the effect "they're at it again" when the tipp player was kneed to the head.

threeball wrote: »
    I've had conversations with at least 15 people about the semi finals and finals of the u21 competition, some intercounty players, and the general consensus was that Tyrone were blessed to have finished both games with more than 13 players. Got numerous texts to the effect "they're at it again" when the tipp player was kneed to the head.

Did you get numeous texts when Cathal McShane was stamped on I wonder. But that was only one incident and not relevant and probably reactionary and what not.

Mcshane made a miraculous recovery and amazingly there was no one to take him off the field on the two occasions he was 'dying' on the field.

We smell the bs a mile away so dont even run that one past us

Mcshane made a miraculous recovery and amazingly there was no one to take him off the field on the two occasions he was 'dying' on the field.

We smell the bs a mile away so dont even run that one past us

Considering he was both kicked and stamped on, if he did play-act later on (which I don't think he did anyway considering he was subbed despite being Tyrone's best player), I'll let him away with it.

Did you get numeous texts when Cathal McShane was stamped on I wonder. But that was only one incident and not relevant and probably reactionary and what not.

Is that all you have? Seriously? Look at the two challenges on O'Riordan in that first half for example. Two cynical elbows into the face. Or look at that knee into the head. And then the off the ball stuff.

Is that all you have? Seriously? Look at the two challenges on O'Riordan in that first half for example. Two cynical elbows into the face. Or look at that knee into the head. And then the off the ball stuff.

He was bodychecked by a player who'd been stamped on 5 minutes earlier (sorry, I should probably stop mentioning that because, like, it's not relevant). Didn't see any elbows in faces though, no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

This all just smacks of sore loser stuff from Tipp. Take your beating and get over it, nobody likes a cry baby.

This all just smacks of sore loser stuff from Tipp. Take your beating and get over it, nobody likes a cry baby.

Tippgunner only recently commented and I'm not from tipp so you'll have to hide behind something else as the statistics line is fairly thin.

What it really smacks of is supporters who don't give a sh1t for the game once their team win.

• Advertisement

No one likes dirty cynical rotten cheats either. If lowering yourself to grabbing players by the nutsack in order to win a final is what ye are prepared to stoop to in order to win a final then keep your trophy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

No one likes dirty cynical rotten cheats either. If lowering yourself to grabbing players by the nutsack in order to win a final is what ye are prepared to stoop to in order to win a final then keep your trophy

Literally, a load of bollocks from yourself.

Wahhh wahhh wahhh

Literally, a load of bollocks from yourself.

Wahhh wahhh wahhh

Lol :D

Advertisement