Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U21 Football 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Was that the one where the Tyrone fella dived at his feet? Nothing in it if that's what you're talking about.

Left for a few minutes after the goal so may havemissed something else.

No,tipp lad was on his knees after being fouled and a Tyrone lad came in after the whistle with a knee to the head.

Cue hands up a la Serie A footballer, linesman looking straight at it and does nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Number 13 for Tipp is going to be sick. scoreable frees missed in the last 10 and he should have caught that last ball instead of trying to flick it over his head.

Feel sorry for him as he was brilliant apart from the last 10 minutes.

Great game of football and Colin O'Riordan is some player.McShane for Tyrone had a brilliant game as well he was really in the wars tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

What happened at the end there? Can someone get sent off during play without a free going to the other team?

dirtyden wrote: »
    What happened at the end there? Can someone get sent off during play without a free going to the other team?

It was an off the ball incident so I don't think a free can be awarded

Not sure about the rule I would assume there should have at least been a throw ball.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

No,tipp lad was on his knees after being fouled and a Tyrone lad came in after the whistle with a knee to the head.

Cue hands up a la Serie A footballer, linesman looking straight at it and does nothing.
    Duh just re-read your post

Congrats Tyrone. Tipp free taker was fantastic for the most part but missed a couple of kickable frees towards the end.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

dirtyden wrote: »
    They can get sent off without a free being turned over but just can't understand why the ref didn't throw it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Football the real loser tonight. Ugly stuff from Tyrone as usual.

Hard luck Tipp.

Can't understand how Tyrone no.9 was MOTM, he spent more time on the ground than standing up, their no.11 was better IMO, he made the goal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I really can't believe that the hooter motion was passed by Congress only to be rejected before it was brought in, by a huge majority too. Timekeeping in GAA is just not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

every team that has beaten roscommon at this level since 2010 has won the all ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Conor McShane man of the match today and scorer of game only goal was lucky to be even playing today after his elbow on the Roscommon midfielder in the semi final. Them the breaks.

Hard luck to Tipperary they gave it their all and deserved at least a draw.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I really can't believe that the hooter motion was passed by Congress only to be rejected before it was brought in, by a huge majority too. Timekeeping in GAA is just not good enough.

Ridiculously short matches filled with constant stoppages for frees which take nearly a minute added to consistent time wasting over injuries by the winning team shortening the real game time even more.

Pure senseless persistence by the GAA who along with soccer fly the flag with a meaningless system which just makes their sports a joke.

Any games over U12 should be the same as adults, same as other sports. 60mins is pitiful when you take the previous mentioned time lost.

AFL players are playing a far more intensive sport for 80 REAL minutes, no reason GAA couldn't at least do 70 across the board even though that's pretty short too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Enjoyed that, really competitive game of football. Could have gone either way. Tyrone worthy champions though, top class football.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

Nib wrote:
    Football the real loser tonight. Ugly stuff from Tyrone as usual.

Spot on. Better team lost. Ugly and CYNICAL from Tyrone. Ulster's approach to the game is slowly but surely ruining it.

Ridiculously short matches filled with constant stoppages for frees which take nearly a minute added to consistent time wasting over injuries by the winning team shortening the real game time even more.

Pure senseless persistence by the GAA who along with soccer fly the flag with a meaningless system which just makes their sports a joke.

Any games over U12 should be the same as adults, same as other sports. 60mins is pitiful when you take the previous mentioned time lost.

AFL players are playing a far more intensive sport for 80 REAL minutes, no reason GAA couldn't at least do 70 across the board even though that's pretty short too.

AFL players are full time professionals.

60 minutes if fine for U-21 and club in my opinion .Personally I think 70 minutes is too long and wouldn't mind it going back to 60 minutes at senior inter county level but I suspect I'd be in the minority with that view.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,950 ✭✭✭threeball

Spot on. Better team lost. Ugly and CYNICAL from Tyrone. Ulster's approach to the game is slowly but surely ruining it.

My sentiments exactly. Tyrone pulled dragged punched and kneed their way to the line once they went in front. Tipperary were the better team and the better footballers. Until refs starting making the hard calls and reffing games correctly thugs like these will continue to diminish the game of football.

AFL players are full time professionals.

60 minutes if fine for U-21 and club in my opinion .Personally I think 70 minutes is too long and wouldn't mind it going back to 60 minutes at senior inter county level but I suspect I'd be in the minority with that view.

And GAA players train to that level.

As I said it would be fine if it was 70 actual minutes but its more like 30.

TV3 used to monitor the ball in play time and it was always around 50% of play time.

Anyway the AFL point wasn't about the time it was that they play 80 ACTUAL minutes which is in GAA terms would be about 2 hours.

It just cuts out ask this crap with time wasting when you can play the clock as well as the opponents.

Why soccer and GAA persist with a system that encourages foul/negative play in 2015 is the real issue.. Makes no sense.

And GAA players train to that level.

As I said it would be fine if it was 70 actual minutes but its more like 30.

TV3 used to monitor the ball in play time and it was always around 50% of play time.

Anyway the AFL point wasn't about the time it was that they play 80 ACTUAL minutes which is in GAA terms would be about 2 hours.

It just cuts out ask this crap with time wasting when you can play the clock as well as the opponents.

Why soccer and GAA persist with a system that encourages foul/negative play in 2015 is the real issue.. Makes no sense.

I agree that there is too much time wasting but just like a lot of things in the GAA the time wasting issue is due to poor administration and poor refereeing.

Play should only be stopped if someone is seriously injured.Anything other than that and play should go on and that includes a row on the field.

Any player who attempts to slow up the taking of a free should be black carded and the ball should be moved forward 30 metres or to the 45 whichever is closest to the goals and at an angle straight in front of the posts.The issue would be solved fairly quickly if that happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

a club has to bring the hooter motion back to Congress.
    if the GAA reject it again, then democracy really is dead in the association

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Any player who attempts to slow up the taking of a free should be black carded and the ball should be moved forward 30 metres or to the 45 whichever is closest to the goals and at an angle straight in front of the posts.The issue would be solved fairly quickly if that happened.

Absolutely! I've noticed a big increase in this in last year or 2 as counter attacking becomes more important. Most mêlées start from someone holding a ball after the whistle and someone else trying to rip it from them. Black card them

Absolutely! I've noticed a big increase in this in last year or 2 as counter attacking becomes more important. Most mêlées start from someone holding a ball after the whistle and someone else trying to rip it from them. Black card them

I agree. Once the whistle goes the ball should be dropped to the ground and everyone should retreat regardless of which way the free is going. If the penalised team infringe black card the player and advance the ball 20m. If the awarded team infringe throw the ball up. A player outside of those involved in the tackle should then come in and take the free. If implemented properly it would take no more than 3 to 4 seconds to recommence and cut out the messing that exists at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

threeball wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly. Tyrone pulled dragged punched and kneed their way to the line once they went in front. Tipperary were the better team and the better footballers. Until refs starting making the hard calls and reffing games correctly thugs like these will continue to diminish the game of football.

Incredibly bitter post, it was a tough match in ****ty conditions. Tyrone kicked a lot of wides in the first half and were (slightly) the better team from start to finish in the second half.

aveytare wrote: »
    Incredibly bitter post, it was a tough match in ****ty conditions. Tyrone kicked a lot of wides in the first half and were (slightly) the better team from start to finish in the second half.

Bitter about what exactly, I had no dog in the fight. This Tyrone team have been filthy from minor up and if you think kneeling lads in the head, pushing them face first into a goal post or rugby tackling guys to the ground is anything like the way our game should be played them I'm sorry for you.

Bitter about what exactly, I had no dog in the fight. This Tyrone team have been filthy from minor up and if you think kneeling lads in the head, pushing them face first into a goal post or rugby tackling guys to the ground is anything like the way our game should be played them I'm sorry for you.

The red card was a nothing incident and a Tyrone player was stamped on in the first half. I didn't see any rugby tackling to the ground either. Obviously the vast majority of neutrals wanted Tipp to win and people tend to dislike Tyrone but yesterday's wasn't a particularly cynical match.

The red card was a nothing incident and a Tyrone player was stamped on in the first half. I didn't see any rugby tackling to the ground either.

Well you're either blind or biased in that case

Well you're either blind or biased in that case

Rich coming from yourself.

"Interesting stat from the opening half. Tyrone(were) fouled 13 times Tipperary just 6. Doubt that will be picked up by too many media outlets."

And the Tipp midfielder should've been sent off for stamping.

But sure the big bad nordies blah blah. It was the same during the noughties with Kerry (a team I respect more than any other so not ****-stirring) being portrayed almost as victims.

Hate ranting but it's irritating when your players are called thugs and you and commonsense saying the better team lost, if it was that clear-cut Tipperary would've won.

Rich coming from yourself.

"Interesting stat from the opening half. Tyrone(were) fouled 13 times Tipperary just 6. Doubt that will be picked up by too many media outlets."

And the Tipp midfielder should've been sent off for stamping.

But sure the big bad nordies blah blah. It was the same during the noughties with Kerry (a team I respect more than any other so not ****-stirring) being portrayed almost as victims.

Hate ranting but it's irritating when your players are called thugs and you and commonsense saying the better team lost, if it was that clear-cut Tipperary would've won.

Biased it is then.

Tyrone have the players to put it up to the best in most grades but for some reason they feel the need to always have a thuggish element and blatant cheating if it's not going for them.

As for Kerry, they're as cynical as any of the northern teams. Unfortunately it's tolerated as part and parcel of the game.

Biased it is then.

Tyrone have the players to put it up to the best in most grades but for some reason they feel the need to always have a thuggish element and blatant cheating if it's not going for them.

As for Kerry, they're as cynical as any of the northern teams. Unfortunately it's tolerated as part and parcel of the game.

The free count was 21 each, with Tyrone only adding a good few at the end when they were seeing the game out. So I don't see how one side can be held to a different standard than the other. It was a bit unsporting for the Tipp manager not to allow Logan into the dressing room afterwards to say a few words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

The free count was 21 each, with Tyrone only adding a good few at the end when they were seeing the game out. So I don't see how one side can be held to a different standard than the other. It was a bit unsporting for the Tipp manager not to allow Logan into the dressing room afterwards to say a few words.

Just because a team doesn't get blown for a free, doesn't mean it wasn't a free!

Ye're so blind to it that ye don't see anything wrong with kneeing a lad to the head cos a free was awarded against you or pushing a lad face first into a goalpost or numerous other cowardly cynical acts that Tyrone perpetrated over the last few games. Then you go and look at the multiple dirty 2 knee drops that McMenamin doled out over the years and you don't see a pattern in this counties play and what they find acceptable?
    Just run and hide behind stats because a drag of a jersey is the equivalent of a punch to the nuts in your alternative view of sportsmanship.

• Advertisement

Ye're so blind to it that ye don't see anything wrong with kneeing a lad to the head cos a free was awarded against you or pushing a lad face first into a goalpost or numerous other cowardly cynical acts that Tyrone perpetrated over the last few games. Then you go and look at the multiple dirty 2 knee drops that McMenamin doled out over the years and you don't see a pattern in this counties play and what they find acceptable?
    Just run and hide behind stats because a drag of a jersey is the equivalent of a punch to the nuts in your alternative view of sportsmanship.

They give as good as they get. Your entitled to your opinion, but the facts speak for themselves.

Advertisement