Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

58 brings me back up to 18k. Wildcard - don't fail me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

my 54 for the week brings me to an all time lowest OR rank of 165k ...this season is turning into a dream for me, next season cant compare I fear. 20 green arrows with 12 red for the year !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Up to 26k. GW18 when I was at 5k seems a distant memory now.

If I make top 20k, I'll be delighted. Top 15k would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lemlin wrote: »
    Up to 26k. GW18 when I was at 5k seems a distant memory now.

If I make top 20k, I'll be delighted. Top 15k would be fantastic.

How many points off 10k are you? If you're set up for next week and have a bit of luck and a good plan could easily make up the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

You must be on 1908 points, cos I'm just a few places above you, and I'm on 1909!

1909 as well not sure how they determine whose ahead of who.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

my 54 for the week brings me to an all time lowest OR rank of 165k ...this season is turning into a dream for me, next season cant compare I fear. 20 green arrows with 12 red for the year !!!

I guarantee you'll absolutely kill that score next year if you stay active on this forum,

patmac wrote: »
    1909 as well not sure how they determine whose ahead of who.

Think its number of transfers. If thats equal then presumably its alphabetical order.

I guarantee you'll absolutely kill that score next year if you stay active on this forum,

Don't go jinxing him now! We could also have a season like last season *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

jimmii wrote: »
    How many points off 10k are you? If you're set up for next week and have a bit of luck and a good plan could easily make up the difference.

Top 10k is from 1897 pts. I'm 33 pts off. I was 40 pts off last week. From his rankings I guess Lemlin is about that off top 10k. Doable but tough. And no big mistakes allowed anymore. And speaking for myself no more captain fails :rolleyes:...

iroced wrote: »
    Top 10k is from 1897 pts. I'm 33 pts off. I was 40 pts off last week. From his rankings I guess Lemlin is about that off top 10k. Doable but tough. And no big mistakes allowed anymore. And speaking for myself no more captain fails :rolleyes:...

You never know that is really just one good week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

iroced wrote: »

Looking over my posts from last year I moved just inside the top 40k after week 33. I finished in 11k so a lot can happen in these final weeks.

I'm on 1856 points so I'm 41 points off top 10k. The problem is I'm poorly setup for next week. I only have three DGwers and one of them is Remy.

I'm not overly worried. Might take a -4 but that'll be about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Thanks to reading this forum I have accumulated 1959 points so far and an OR of 1670 my best ever. Could have 7 double players as well if I go -4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm on 1856 points so I'm 41 points off top 10k. The problem is I'm poorly setup for next week. I only have three DGwers and one of them is Remy.

I'm not overly worried. Might take a -4 but that'll be about it.

So you would have 5 then? I think I'll have the same.

Liverpool looked poor yesterday (certainly in an attacking sense), so I'm not convinced that going all out for 3 of their players is necessary.

As for chelsea I have Hazard, Terry and Remy. I'd rather have Ivan than Remy, but not worth a hit I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Don't go jinxing him now! We could also have a season like last season *shudder*

I dunno I enjoyed last season a lot more with my one week inside the top 100k :) Although I've come to the conclusion that I have a self destruct button that I can't help but press at some point. Be it GW 2 last season or GW 20 this one....I'm an equal opportunities self destructor!

Maybe I'll last longer again next season. Otherwise I'll have to have a second team full of alternative players to keep me entertained :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Liverpool looked poor yesterday (certainly in an attacking sense), so I'm not convinced that going all out for 3 of their players is necessary.

As for chelsea I have Hazard, Terry and Remy. I'd rather have Ivan than Remy, but not worth a hit I feel.

Liverpool have looked poor for weeks......I'm not even sure I want 2 never mind 3 of their players.
    I prob need a new goalie as I've myhill and foster so I'll prob get mignolet
    after that ?
    sterling has been lauded as an OOP midfielder all year but he can't finish !
    Henderson was a good option given price but that was without Gerrard getting in the way !
    coutinho .......no thanks .
    if it was not for the DGW I would not even be considering one of their players... ...form over fixtures and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

km79 wrote: »
    Liverpool have looked poor for weeks......I'm not even sure I want 2 never mind 3 of their players.
    I prob need a new goalie as I've myhill and foster so I'll prob get mignolet
    after that ?
    sterling has been lauded as an OOP midfielder all year but he can't finish !
    Henderson was a good option given price but that was without Gerrard getting in the way !
    coutinho .......no thanks .
    if it was not for the DGW I would not even be considering one of their players... ...form over fixtures and all that :)

I've gotten Mig in already, as I see his worth over the rest of the season - he'll do til the end, and I also have Boaz the Beast.

I see value in Henderson, and again see him as a good value option to keep in until the end of the season. At the minute I'm thinking of him in for Mane (I have 2 FTs).

So that leaves me with trying to decide if it's worth Sterling in for Eriksen/Silva for a -4 hit. On current form Sterling would be just a one week punt and would make way for an Arsenal mid very quickly. So not sure if he's worth it. Of course that would change if Silva is confirmed as out, so going to sit on this one for a while.

Will see later in the week. I'm not really pushed at this stage to be honest. It's been a cruel season and I'm in autopilot mode just seeing it out. The last few weeks have been killer with Costa, Remy and others getting injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Finally some green arrows. 63 brings me back to 29k. Similar to Lemlin, being around the 10k mark seems a distant memory but it was only 6 GWs ago. Feels great to have a captain score again for the first time in an eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Looking over my posts from last year I moved just inside the top 40k after week 33. I finished in 11k so a lot can happen in these final weeks.

Just looking back at this week last year I moved up from 22k to 15, I finished strongly from there to end on 8k.

Unfortunately I see I was only 20 points off the money places in the Harps league this time last year, eventually came third, but am 42 away from that ATM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Just looking back at this week last year I moved up from 22k to 15, I finished strongly from there to end on 8k.

Unfortunately I see I was only 20 points off the money places in the Harps league this time last year, eventually came third, but am 42 away from that ATM.

I just realised there is 750 for the winner of the Bohs league aswell. I'm joint top of that. Squeaky bum time. They are paying out for top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

How do you look at a week by week for previous season(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

shineon23 wrote: »

I think you go back and check last yrs gw thread. Well that's what I do although there could be another way.

Thought for a sec you went from 22k to 15th and was holy sheep that's insane!!

shineon23 wrote: »

You can try use the way back machine to get your history every season is there but it is next to impossible to search through. I always save a screenshot of my gw history but the laptop I had the last few years packed in and I didn't back it up.

Who remembers when the site looked like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Who remembers when the site looked like this?

When's that from? My two year anniversary is coming up soon! :cool:

When's that from? My two year anniversary is coming up soon! :cool:

2005 they got the code from a game called cyki they were the biggest game before that but it was a lot smaller they came back a few years later but by then FPL had taken off. There was less points and no captains but in general the basic game was the same.

I think the game predates 2005 a few years but there's nothing in that archive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

2005 they got the code from a game called cyki they were the biggest game before that but it was a lot smaller they came back a few years later but by then FPL had taken off. There was less points and no captains but in general the basic game was the same.

I think the game predates 2005 a few years but there's nothing in that archive.

bit of reading for you :)

http://fplacademy.blogspot.ie/2015/04/fpl-academy-team-tournament-last-32.html

• Advertisement

Advertisement