Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 16th May - Forum Meetup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Just FYI that bus strike has been called off for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Good luck on Saturday. I cant make it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Should be a laugh at any rate! ^^

• Site Banned Posts: 18 Wingful

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney
    4) JTL
    5) yer man!
    6) BonnieSituation
    7) NeuroCat
    8) Madame_Diem
    9) McChubbin
    10) LoganRice
    11) Tony91
    12) tipperaryboy
    13) Wingful

Will try and pop in as a newbie if that's ok

Of course it is. The more the merrier! :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Austerlitz

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney
    4) JTL
    5) yer man!
    6) BonnieSituation
    7) NeuroCat
    8) Madame_Diem
    9) McChubbin
    10) LoganRice
    11) Tony91
    12) tipperaryboy
    13) Wingful
    14) Austerlitz

Another newbie here, please be gentle. :)

Great news! Come one and come all!

I will most likely be there around 8.30 if that's alright with all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I'm in town at the moment so I might be the first one there, I'll get there for about 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'm skint and broken from canvassing today so I'm out I'm afraid. Enjoy tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭haskellgeek

1) Ash885
    2) Bobby42
    3) hdowney
    4) JTL
    5) yer man!
    6) BonnieSituation
    7) NeuroCat
    8) Madame_Diem
    9) McChubbin
    10) LoganRice
    11) Tony91
    12) tipperaryboy
    13) Wingful
    14) Austerlitz
    15)HaskellGeek

I'll probably make 8.30ish

• Advertisement

Headin' in now. Will take me an hour maybe.

Jaysus sorry lads awful trouble finding the hotel so bit delayed! Who knew goggle maps was not reliable 😂 be there for a bit past 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I'm at the screen just as you come in the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭yer man!

If you see me ill be the awkward looking blonde guy wearing a grey jacket and blue shirt....

Finally there at the hotel and making my way in now! Shall regale you all of the dodge taxi men that inhabit Dublin.

Anyone who can't find anyone just pm me and I'll give you my number. Will be there in ten!

Ash885 wrote: »
    Finally there at the hotel and making my way in now! Shall regale you all of the dodge taxi men that inhabit Dublin.

Anyone who can't find anyone just pm me and I'll give you my number. Will be there in ten!

Couldn't find anyone and headed home. :-/

Wingful wrote: »
    Couldn't find anyone and headed home. :-/

Did you pm anyone for their location? Crowd already there.

On the bus in now in, wearing a Pikachu tshirt and marriage equality badges so can't miss me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

I'll be there in about 10 minutes...my friend won't be going with me something happened. Looking forward to it!

Ash885 wrote: »
    Did you pm anyone for their location? Crowd already there.

On the bus in now in, wearing a Pikachu tshirt and marriage equality badges so can't miss me!!

Couldn't get a signal. Aw well not to worry

First floor ladies and gentleman! Few here already!

• Advertisement

Cheers to those who came! Hope you had a good night, head is a little delicate to say the least O___O :3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I was in Sweetmans last night at another do, and couldn't help notice a group of guys at the upstairs bar who looked suspiciously like Boards folk! Were yous one of the last people moved downstairs?

How did it go?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I had a good night anyway! Around 8 of us showed up so not really sure where everyone else with the names down where at but sure it's what you make of the night yourself I guess.

Probably a good idea for someone from Dublin to organise them, so there's 100% going to be there on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

Is there any interest in any more of the meet ups? I went to one or two before and they were good fun

Is there any interest in any more of the meet ups? I went to one or two before and they were good fun

There probably is. I'd be interested anyway.

Terry Pratchet

I'd be up for one!

Ideally in November though if it's to happen this side of the New Year, December will be crazy with work and staff nights etc. I'd reckon?

Glad you ressurected the thread ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

Ive been hoping for a while one would be organised...they're good enough craic.... Will I do a new thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tony91

I'd be up for it anyway. Haven't been to one yet.

• Advertisement

Sure there'll what you make of it yourself. Always had a laugh myself. Go for it!

Advertisement