Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopardstown 15/4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Oops, the Faydhan bubble bursts which is an awful pity.

War Fronts, they cost a lot of money, look the business and disappoint a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Corporate Box in the 3.25 Limerick looks well in after winning with plenty in hand last Sunday, hard to see a 4lb rise preventing her from following up here. Was very well supported on track the last day before the off.

Bet365 still go 9/2, 7/2 Powers and 3/1 BFSB.

6/1 winner. Lovely stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

tryfix wrote: »
    Oops, the Faydhan bubble bursts which is an awful pity.

War Fronts, they cost a lot of money, look the business and disappoint a lot.

Yeah you'd have to wonder how long this will last. Was only thinking last night, how many War Fronts has Aidan won a maiden with at about 1/3 and done nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Is it just me or anyone else have a horrible case of seconditis, im riddled with the stuff.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

shmeee wrote: »
    6/1 winner. Lovely stuff!

Ran well in Tramore to be fair.. Roger is shrewd operator! You dont win Foxhunters easy..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

I do not care how good Fascinating Rock is on soft ground around Leoppy, or how on fire Weld n Smullen are, how in gods name does a half decent and older filly loose out to a horse carrying more than 10 lbs on his back and its his first run of the season.

As I said , its the knackers yard for that horse. (decent run..)

God has forsaken me lately on the GG's

Yeah you'd have to wonder how long this will last. Was only thinking last night, how many War Fronts has Aidan won a maiden with at about 1/3 and done nothing since
    They are very good looking types as stallion prospects, but he's a very expensive stallion to be using for throwing darts. I see O'Brien still has a few million dollar War Front 2yos in training.

At least Coolmore have two very nice War Front stallions to plug so you can see some sense in their playing the hype game, but jaysus they're simply not worth the money they're making.

Jesus, its a weird day when Frankie Dettori is your saviour (Osaila) .That is some horse, a ridiculous amount of races for a two year old.

I do not care how good Fascinating Rock is on soft ground around Leoppy, or how on fire Weld n Smullen are, how in gods name does a half decent and older filly loose out to a horse carrying more than 10 lbs on his back and its his first run of the season.

As I said , its the knackers yard for that horse. (decent run..)

God has forsaken me lately on the GG's
    Early season form, it would break you.:) Still Fascinating Rock ( may be a new Famous Name type ) must have improved a hell of a lot to come back to a mile and win so well, remember Australia made him look like a tree last year in the Irish Derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Have to agree re War Fronts. On visual impression I thought Faydhan would prove the exception but I suppose, on reflection, War Command, looked a superstar 2yo too and never really trained on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Interesting run from from Golden Ticket to put it mildly.

Early season form, it would break you.:) Still Fascinating Rock ( may be a new Famous Name type ) must have improved a hell of a lot to come back to a mile and win so well, remember Australia made him look like a tree last year in the Irish Derby.

Listen, (Aidan O'Brien mode), to do what he did and carry 10 lbs more than the next horse, on first run of the season (he won his first two last year) is impressive . He never carried 910 before .oh, and as you pointed out, at a shorter distance to what he's use to.

Never mind the Derby, he only won the Derrinstown Trial race because of a steward , Oxx's horse was a bit unlucky

Well, Weld was flying it last year, but not this good. He is bound to get a least 2 Irish Group 1's this year (that are not the St Ledger) other than that, he won't be around for the bigger prizes. I am struggling to see what O'Brien has this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I dunno what Chris Hayes was at on Yes I Am there.. Shocking ride

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Going to take a chance on Festive Fare in Newmarket here

Listen, (Aidan O'Brien mode), to do what he did and carry 10 lbs more than the next horse, on first run of the season (he won his first two last year) is impressive . He never carried 910 before .oh, and as you pointed out, at a shorter distance to what he's use to.

Never mind the Derby, he only won the Derrinstown Trial race because of a steward , Oxx's horse was a bit unlucky

Well, Weld was flying it last year, but not this good. He is bound to get a least 2 Irish Group 1's this year (that are not the St Ledger) other than that, he won't be around for the bigger prizes. I am struggling to see what O'Brien has this year.

He gave Alive Alive Oh ( 102 ) 10lbs and another 3-4lbs for the distance beating today = 13-14lbs + 102 = 115/116 = a good quality GP 2 miler. :eek: It's just one dodgy race, but he could repeat the dose again under the right circumstance.

I've no real time for Welds horses when they contest a series of top GP1 races. There's more than a touch of the flat track bully about Welds horses IMO, but he's got some better bred animals this weather so we'll see.

As for O'Brien he has an embarrassment of good 3yo Galileos this year and the opposition to them is thin on the ground.

I've been a huge fan of Ol' Man River since before he ran and I'm delighted to see them bigging up Highland Reel again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Highland Reel looks a machine and a nice Australian pedigree with some speed in there.

You'd imagine he'd want real good ground

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

:pac:

Diesel Ten in the 6:25 is the one I like. 16/1.

Very unlucky!

He gave Alive Alive Oh ( 102 ) 10lbs and another 3-4lbs for the distance beating today = 13-14lbs + 102 = 115/116 = a good quality GP 2 miler. :eek: It's just one dodgy race, but he could repeat the dose again under the right circumstance.

I've no real time for Welds horses when they contest a series of top GP1 races. There's more than a touch of the flat track bully about Welds horses IMO, but he's got some better bred animals this weather so we'll see.

As for O'Brien he has an embarrassment of good 3yo Galileos this year and the opposition to them is thin on the ground.

I've been a huge fan of Ol' Man River since before he ran and I'm delighted to see them bigging up Highland Reel again.

Irish classics in the bag so

Which 3 year olds in England are worth looking at?

Mark Johnson is taking the two year old division more seriously this year with a load of new horses.

Hannon, well, some of last year's 3 years olds like Tooramore (after a great 2 year) was a bit disappointing. Twiggy Wiggy?

Whose gonna ride for Gosden? Frankie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

boomtown84 wrote: »
    Very unlucky!

Unlucky Francie forgot to bet on it, Wasn't on so can't be blamed.

Irish classics in the bag so

Which 3 year olds in England are worth looking at?

Mark Johnson is taking the two year old division more seriously this year with a load of new horses.

Hannon, well, some of last year's 3 years olds like Tooramore (after a great 2 year) was a bit disappointing. Twiggy Wiggy?

Whose gonna ride for Gosden? Frankie?
    The thing with the 3yo English Horses is that something will burst on the scene. Hannon has a very strong hand for the 2,000 Guineas, and Gleneagles is beatable. I was a big fan of Richard Pankhurst's form but he's had a setback.

I've the height of respect for the Dewhurst and Racing Post winners but can't take their end of year soft ground form seriously because soft ground form is dodgy.

The Dante will throw up a top English challenger/s for the Derby and there's no point in guessing which of the less exposed English horses has a chance at this stage. It's hard to look beyond Elm Park as the main English challenger until the Dante is out of the way or until he falls by the wayside.

Haven't given the fillies or older horses any serious consideration yet, beyond being a big admirer of The Grey Gatsby's 3yo form and thinking he could have a King George in him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

sdoc13 wrote: »
    8 45 Kempton Archie Stevens seems well handicapped. has won 3 times over 6f on the all weather off marks of 75, 72 and 63 most recently in Jan 2013. Ran a decent race at wolverhampton on the 7th March when beaten 2l into 5th off a mark of 70 under tomorrows rider. Well beaten next too starts but has come down 8lbs as a result. Think 10/1 is reasonable value. 3 pts win

Fing second and I though its race was ran before the off with the drift. Sic:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Fing second and I though its race was ran before the off with the drift. Sic:mad:

Thought you were going to hold on there Doc, would have been a nice double for Evans/Bates. Unusual for an Evans horse to drift as much and come so close. Maybe he had too many G&T,s and forgot to back it after the other won!!!

Advertisement