Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopardstown 15/4

Options
  • 14-04-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Any tips for a student!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Any tips for a student!

Study well, go easy on the beer

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Any tips for a student!
    don't do it up against the door of the ATR van .
    You could be live on TV with Chapman commentating .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Any tips for a student!

Stay in school

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Everyone is a wise ass! General tips:
    1) I stand to be corrected but it's midweek irish racing so some races will probably be open enough don't be afraid to look past the favourite! They get beaten as often as they win
    2) don't back anything at less than 2/1 if your only betting small
    3) Check the betting section of irishracing.com to see if there is money coming for any horses in leopardstown tomorrow it can sometimes pay to follow these gambles! Also check here and other betting forums for threads for tomorrows racing
    4) as you'll see in recent threads here maybe worth sticking worth horses trainees by dermot weld and ridden by pat sMullen as he is on fire at the moment whereas aidan obriens horses aren't winning much yet
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

Just remember to plan out how your going to spend your gambling money there. Don't be tempted to go big on the first race if there's a 'sure thing' and be left with pennies for the remainder of the day if it doesn't come in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Stay away from all Aidan O' Brien runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Will use this advise for Limerick on the thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Not Leop but chanced the well handicapped but unreliable Shackalackaboomboom at 9/1 at Chelt tomorrow. Ran better last time and could cash in on a lower mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

8 45 Kempton Archie Stevens seems well handicapped. has won 3 times over 6f on the all weather off marks of 75, 72 and 63 most recently in Jan 2013. Ran a decent race at wolverhampton on the 7th March when beaten 2l into 5th off a mark of 70 under tomorrows rider. Well beaten next too starts but has come down 8lbs as a result. Think 10/1 is reasonable value. 3 pts win

sdoc13 wrote: »
    8 45 Kempton Archie Stevens seems well handicapped. has won 3 times over 6f on the all weather off marks of 75, 72 and 63 most recently in Jan 2013. Ran a decent race at wolverhampton on the 7th March when beaten 2l into 5th off a mark of 70 under tomorrows rider. Well beaten next too starts but has come down 8lbs as a result. Think 10/1 is reasonable value. 3 pts win

One of two I was considering backing at Kempton tomorrow. But Evans is bent as a banana and they backed him last time, I'd expect another two or three quiet runs and a good plunge but I could be wrong. Thought Sheikh the Reins might win tomorrow but wanted 8/1, missed the 13/2 now only about 4.

One the best handicapped horses I've seen in a while runs in the 1 mile handicap at Leop tomorrow but might hold off one more run

• Advertisement

One of two I was considering backing at Kempton tomorrow. But Evans is bent as a banana and they backed him last time, I'd expect another two or three quiet runs and a good plunge but I could be wrong. Thought Sheikh the Reins might win tomorrow but wanted 8/1, missed the 13/2 now only about 4.

One the best handicapped horses I've seen in a while runs in the 1 mile handicap at Leop tomorrow but might hold off one more run

Ya Evans likes a punt. Bates being back up after running well on him kind of tipped the balance. If not tomorrow will wait till he runs at Wolves again to pull the trigger. Havent had a look at Leopardstown yet. Will now though.

Is it the one you put up in Tipp the last day?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Please don't piss in my estate as you leave the racecourse:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

pugw wrote: »
    4) as you'll see in recent threads here maybe worth sticking worth horses trainees by dermot weld and ridden by pat sMullen as he is on fire at the moment whereas aidan obriens horses aren't winning much yet
    Good luck

Weld's runners have been well backed already tomorrow.

3.10 Gulf Of Poets 3/1 into 7/4
    3.45 Fascinating Rock 2/1 into evens in places now.
    5.25 Valac 5/2 into evens.

Done the treble there @ 11/1 with bet365 for interest.

Found it. Unbelievably well handicapped. Would agree with the one more run. Better draw would help.

If it finished in mid field tomorrow could be a very nice price the next day. Gone into tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

That Leopardstown card would leave you hard pressed to find winners. Generally, the big trainers have been even quieter than usual over the Winter period, so there really is no telling what sort of form they're in (except for Weld). Having said that, there is one horse that looks laid out for tomorrow being exceptionally well handicapped and going over ideal ground and trip.

Corporate Box in the 3.25 Limerick looks well in after winning with plenty in hand last Sunday, hard to see a 4lb rise preventing her from following up here. Was very well supported on track the last day before the off.

Bet365 still go 9/2, 7/2 Powers and 3/1 BFSB.

Also double of Faydhan at Newmarket in the 3.30 and San Benedeto at Cheltenham in the 5.30. Best price 3.85.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

That Leopardstown card would leave you hard pressed to find winners. Generally, the big trainers have been even quieter than usual over the Winter period, so there really is no telling what sort of form they're in (except for Weld). Having said that, there is one horse that looks laid out for tomorrow being exceptionally well handicapped and going over ideal ground and trip.

It has to remain secret or........the world will end??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭REFLINE1

B the b?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DiarmuidBoy89

Care to share the name of the horse?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    It has to remain secret or........the world will end??:eek:
    :pac:

Diesel Ten in the 6:25 is the one I like. 16/1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

3.45 If Alive Alive Oh, can't get past Fascinating Rock Today, when she is match fit and on her alleged favourite ground (so is he) and sholdering 10lb lesser weight, then frankly , it should be the knackers yard for that horse.

Give Dunquin another chance in the first. Note keen on the draw though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

3.45 If Alive Alive Oh, can't get past Fascinating Rock Today, when she is match fit and on her alleged favourite ground (so is he) and sholdering 10lb lesser weight, then frankly , it should be the knackers yard for that horse.

Give Dunquin another chance in the first. Note keen on the draw though
    That's a fascinating race and Fascinating Rock isn't well in at the weights with Chopin and Cougar Mountain.

Cougar Mountain is stepping up in trip from Sprint distances where he's a GP 1 performer, if O'Briens run well earlier he's worth a bet. Chopin is the choice here for me, he was very classy and if he runs to his now moderate 112 OR for his new trainer then Fascinating Rock would have to put in 117-118 performance to beat him. That'd be a 6-7lb improvement and Group 1 form for Fascinating Rock who isn't a GP 1 horse.

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    B the b?

Golden shoe. Worth a small bet at 25/1 but I'd be somewhat surprised it it was today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Thread should be Cheltenham 15/4 not Leopardstown ;)

16:25-I like Dream Dial. Am forgetting about his last run on soft, didn't act on the ground at all. Return to better ground is a major plus as he is by Presenting and his dam did her winning on a sound surface as well. Won well when fresh at Exeter in November so I'm sure he'll be fit today. Form of that Exeter race has worked out very well. Also Jeremy Scott took this race with Sir Kezbah a few years back so could well have been a target for this lad for some time.
    Paddy Power go 5 places and looks worth an each way poke at 16/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Like the look of Gosden's filly in the Nell Gwyn. Winner of a maiden over C/D last season, Ryan Moore on board, and trainer has a good record in this race over the years. Been a few quid for her for the Guineas as well.

tryfix wrote: »
    That's a fascinating race and Fascinating Rock isn't well in at the weights with Chopin and Cougar Mountain.

Cougar Mountain is stepping up in trip from Sprint distances where he's a GP 1 performer, if O'Briens run well earlier he's worth a bet. Chopin is the choice here for me, he was very classy and if he runs to his now moderate 112 OR for his new trainer then Fascinating Rock would have to put in 117-118 performance to beat him. That'd be a 6-7lb improvement and Group 1 form for Fascinating Rock who isn't a GP 1 horse.

Well Leoppy is a fair track so, stamina might not be a problem normally so long as one doesn't make errors on the bend. Soft ground though for Cougar?

My view on Alive Alive Oh is not based on any notions that she is a top class horse, just she is more fitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Well Leoppy is a fair track so, stamina might not be a problem normally so long as one doesn't make errors on the bend. Soft ground though for Cougar?

My view on Alive Alive Oh is not based on any notions that she is a top class horse, just she is more fitter
    I wouldn't be worried about Cougar handling Soft ground, he handled it well behind Slade Power, I'd be more worried about stable form and the trip.

To tell the truth, Chopin is the one that I'd fear mightn't handle the ground.

As for Alive Alive Oh, you're right about fitness and well if your gut is telling you to go for her then now is the time. An awful lot of boards money has gone down the drain following her and it would be sweet to be on her on the day she finally comes good again.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

I like the look of Daveron 3:15 at Cheltenham 25-1 has some nice form if you forget last run.

• Advertisement

What is with Kevin Manning's fetish with getting all his horses into trouble and landing themselves in a barging match. Constantly going for gaps that aren't there.

He did it a lot with Dawn Approach , and did it at Newmarket in last October in a two year old race.

Godolphin should demand from Bolger that Manning does not go near their horses.

High Time for Bolger to cut family ties and actually get a decent jockey. Are things that bad with Bolger that no one would work for him?

And no , its not pocket talking (only had 3 poxy euro on),. the horse today is still a maiden for a reason, but that ride was awful. When he wins it looks great but he is utterly one dimensional. The only thing is is consistent at is getting his horse into unnecessary scraps

Advertisement