Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA Cup and Craft Beer in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I asked what craft beers they had in there one Saturday night, was offered a bottle of Tiger.

Oh really that is 😔 sad.

Just checking is that the 12th lock castleknock ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

oblivious wrote: »
    Oh really that is 😔 sad.

Just checking is that the 12th lock castleknock ?

That's the one. Disappointed with the place, I ended up getting some beer from New Zealand, half way through I noticed it was over 6 months out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

jh79 wrote: »
    I had settled on the Bull and Castle as I can go to a GBB pub in Galway anytime but i just found out there is a rugby game on Sunday which come complicate things a bit.
    Ring The Back Page and reserve a seat/screen to watch it on. It's a 15 minute walk from the Bull & Castle, tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,225 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's the one. Disappointed with the place, I ended up getting some beer from New Zealand, half way through I noticed it was over 6 months out of date.

The date on beer is indicative rather than proscriptive - if it tasted dodgy there's a problem but otherwise 6 months isn't horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭donaghs

Last time I was in 12th Lock (last summer) they had at least two O'Hara's on tap, and some other Irish ones in bottles. Plus bottles of German and Belgian beer.

• Advertisement

Pity is was a good spot of a pint of O'Hara's pale and amber.

donaghs wrote: »
    Last time I was in 12th Lock (last summer) they had at least two O'Hara's on tap, and some other Irish ones in bottles. Plus bottles of German and Belgian beer.

It was the summers since I was there, looks like that might have changed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Horrible place anyway, went for food with my young son one day last november and they couldn't have made it clearer that they would tolerate kids through gritted teeth.

There's another place, the 13th Lock in Sallins, that looks like it's making a good fist of having a decent craft selection.

Horrible place anyway, went for food with my young son one day last november and they couldn't have made it clearer that they would tolerate kids through gritted teeth.

There's another place, the 13th Lock in Sallins, that looks like it's making a good fist of having a decent craft selection.

Bad form of them, was never mad about the food. Just somewhere local that had a craft offering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

L1011 wrote: »
    The date on beer is indicative rather than proscriptive - if it tasted dodgy there's a problem but otherwise 6 months isn't horrendous.

I understand that, but it's inexcusable in a bar. I never tasted this one previously to know if it tasted normal or off.
    Off licences will, well my local one anyway, sell off out dated beers at a discount and will inform you of the fact. I've had no problems buying stuff like this.
    donaghs wrote: »

It was before that, probably a reason why I never returned since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement