Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Episode 5x01 - 'The Wars to Come' - Have NOT read the books [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 12-04-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭

For non-book readers.

If you have read A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons, please do not post here - use the other thread.

This is for Episode 1 ONLY.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Strong start. Tyrion's question if he can drink himself to death on the road to Mereen would be an episode I will want to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Stannis is going to mount Roose Bolton's head on a spike, very interesting indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Good opening episode.

Did anyone else think they replaced the actor for grey worm at the start?

Yes! I was thinking here we go again with the actor changes haha thank god it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Slow enough start IMO. Stannis not gonna be happy with Jon Snow?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Degag wrote: »
    Stannis not gonna be happy with Jon Snow?

Agreed, but he's likely going to need him.

Very quiet in here!

Was anybody else hoping that Margeary would join in with the 2 blokes she walked in on?

Very quiet in here!

Was anybody else hoping that Margeary would join in with the 2 blokes she walked in on?

Her brother?
    I suppose is it Game of Thrones....

Very quiet in here!

Her brother?
    I suppose it is Game of Thrones....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭FactCheck

Disappointing to see Ciaran Hinds gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

I'm thinking Jon Snow is in cahoots with Baratheon, the arrow and the release of those Wildlings in Castle Black will make Jon a key figure in bringing the North onside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Thought that episode was excellent, one of the best of the series in fact.

The ending was why I still watch this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Melisandre seemed pleased when Jon Snow said he wasn't a virgin.

The lucky bastard is going to be getting jiggy with the temptress.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did cersi's cousin admit to killing her husband? and being behind the poisoning of her son, is he part of the fire womens cult?

looks very different

and why would tyrian talk to Daenerys Targaryen?

hers isn't the right name?

http://www.vulture.com/2015/04/varys-targaryen-supporter.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Melisandre seemed pleased when Jon Snow said he wasn't a virgin.

The lucky bastard is going to be getting jiggy with the temptress.
    i thought maybe it meant he was slightly less susceptible to her seduction

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I thought it was a pretty forgettable episode, tbh. But it is the first and it has to build.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought it was a good episode to catch up, dip the toes back in the water and a chance to catch breath before the whole things kicks off again. I suppose the most significant happening was Mance Raidar's death. I thought it was a bit unjustified. Killing the wildling's leader isn't likely to put Stannis on any wildling christmas card lists though it might put John Snow on them. I'd forgotten just what a creepy bítch Mellisandre is! No Arya unfortunately. The Hound is a great loss really. The Khaleesi story could get quite boring now that she's struggling to rule and tame her dragons. I think Tyrion will be a welcome addition to that whole story arc when he arrives with Varys. I think it was needed at this stage to be honest. She's been too long out on her own disconnected from everything else. Are we done with Ser Friendzone now? I can't remember what happened him last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

did cersi's cousin admit killing her husband? and being behind the poisoning of her son, is he part of the fire womens cult?

It was just Robert's (the former King) death he was talking about (that and sleeping with Cersei) he had nothing to do with Jofferey's posioning.

The Sparrows are followers of The Seven (main Gods in Westeros) not the Lord of Light (Melisandre's religion).

squonk wrote: »
    Are we done with Ser Friendzone now? I can't remember what happened him last season.

Ser Friendzone was caught out spying on Khaleesi (back in the early days) when Tywin Lannister sent over a letter to Barriston Selmy in season 4. He was cast out and is now wandering around Essos alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Thank f**k I didn't have to watch a man be burnt alive. I was on the edge of my seat for that entire scene!

Good episode, sets everything up nicely.

Thought Tyrion and Varys exchanges were interesting, Varys really does do everything he does for the good of the realm.

Good to see Sansa not being a whiny b*tch :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thank f**k I didn't have to watch a man be burnt alive. I was on the edge of my seat for that entire scene!

Good episode, sets everything up nicely.

Thought Tyrion and Varys exchanges were interesting, Varys really does do everything he does for the good of the realm.

Good to see Sansa not being a whiny b*tch :P

sansa seems to have really grown up. she even walks differently. much more upright and poised like her mother.

did cersi's cousin admit to killing her husband? and being behind the poisoning of her son, is he part of the fire womens cult?

looks very different

and why would tyrian talk to Daenerys Targaryen?

hers isn't the right name?

http://www.vulture.com/2015/04/varys-targaryen-supporter.html

I think it was pretty much telling us that Cersei was involved in Roberts death.

I think it was pretty much telling us that Cersei was involved in Roberts death.

was that not a given already?

Yeah, probably was, can't really remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

sansa seems to have really grown up. she even walks differently. much more upright and poised like her mother.

I hope she turns out a nicer person and with some better judgement thrown in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Yeah, probably was, can't really remember.

Sure was. Strongly insinuated in earlier seasons that his wine was spiked the day of the boar hunt.

mzungu wrote: »
    Sure was. Strongly insinuated in earlier seasons that his wine was spiked the day of the boar hunt.

And it was Cersei's cousin Lancel who was Robert's wine bearer at the time. She put him up to it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    And it was Cersei's cousin Lancel who was Robert's wine bearer at the time. She put him up to it.

Them Lannisters, it seems this kingslaying lark is in their blood. :pac:

I wonder will this come bite to bite Cersei at some stage, it was brought up again for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

It was pretty much insinuated alright but this pretty much confirmed it
    Gotta be careful to take things as a "given" mind- remember we all assumed was Lannisters that had Robert Barotheons "Hand of King" killed - where we then found out was Little Finger and Katylens sister behind it

• Advertisement

wprathead wrote: »
    It was pretty much insinuated alright but this pretty much confirmed it
    Gotta be careful to take things as a "given" mind- remember we all assumed was Lannisters that had Robert Barotheons "Hand of King" killed - where we then found out was Little Finger and Katylens sister behind it

oh i get that. but i do remember at least some knowing looks between cersei and lancel if not an actual conversation concerning the wine that robert was drinking.

Advertisement