Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on Fox 15: Machida v Rockhold

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Love watching Rockhold fight.
    Very technical but just brute force behind it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Rockhold via Submission
    Huge win for Rockhold. Absolutely destroyed Machida.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Monster of a man

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Rockhold via Submission
    Wow...great performance...so I guess he's getting the shot ahead of jacare

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Machida via Submission
    watch the ufc give rock the next title shot ahead of souza now

can't wait for vitor v rock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I thought Rockhold looked very hungry for the win in the buildup and previous fights so thats why I thought he would win.

He seems to be improving in every fight

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

Machida was so badly hurt after that 1st round it was only a matter of time really. He was wobbling all over the place going into the 2nd. Dissapointed for him. He's one of my favourite fighters and seems a top guy

Luke Rockhold though what a beast. Him vs Weidman will be great

Hard to take to Rockhold though, fairly unlikeable character

Machida via Submission
    Go Tobban wrote: »

Luke Rockhold though what a beast. Him vs belfort will be great

cant wait

Rockhold via Submission
    mailburner wrote: »
    watch the ufc give rock the next title shot ahead of souza now

can't wait for vitor v rock

If they can all stay healthy there'll be some cracking potential fights between the top 5 over the next year. Bar a rematch I can see Luke getting winner of weidman/vitor then you could give jacare the loser or get that original fight with Romero

Machida via Submission
    johnpro wrote: »
    If they can all stay healthy there'll be some cracking potential fights between the top 5 over the next year. Bar a rematch I can see Luke getting winner of weidman/vitor then you could give jacare the loser or get that original fight with Romero

most exciting div right now with not much between the four mentioned above
    its possible any of these four could be champ in the next year, some may disagree with that (vitor)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rockhold very impressive. Think that elbow to the head at the very last second of the first round won him the fight. Machida's brain was scrambled after it and he never fully recovered. Very probably concussed him.

Great win for Holloway as well. Thought he would beat Cub alright. Shows how good Conor is. He talks a lot but he's a super talented fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

darced wrote: »
    Fair play that was a great call :)

Haha thanks but just a guess based on what we see. Got the Machida one wrong and that's how it goes.

Holloway is going far, definitely getting title shots, will probably end up at 155 due to his height, still very young. 100% him and McGregor fight again, don't think he ever talked **** about him in the build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Max put on an absolute clinic what a finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Max looked quality, I'd like to see him fight Conor again at some stage. Neither were fit in the fight and they've both improved since. I still think Max gets beaten by a wrestler though.

Rockhold via Submission
    mailburner wrote: »
    most exciting div right now with not much between the four mentioned above
    its possible any of these four could be champ in the next year, some may disagree with that (vitor)

You could easily throw vitors name into the mix based off his ability and last 3 performances...but I think we're all just curious to see what a post TRT ring rusty Belfort looks like. His last significant win was against rock in may 2013...two years ago!!

Im not including the win over hendo as significant due to his major decline over the last few years...his only win since 2011 coming over fellow past it legend shogun. He's scheduled to fight boetsch in June and although I'll be praying for one last H bomb I think he'll get mauled to death :(

Rockhold via Submission
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone catch the prelims?

Yeah they were on fight pass and really enjoyable to be fair!! Gordon Dempsey was a war with a brilliant finish...it's a shame the hettes brandao fight was stopped because it had potential to be just as exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just finished the event there, easy for Jacare as exspected. Great win by Rockhold the once he connected with those elbows the fight was more or less over! Will be gutted if he gets a shot over Jacare who I think is more deserving over the past while. Great card anyway really enjoyed it. Highlights were Sterling & Max doing exactly what I taught they would do , perform well!!

• Advertisement

Rockhold via Submission
    Max looked quality, I'd like to see him fight Conor again at some stage. Neither were fit in the fight and they've both improved since. I still think Max gets beaten by a wrestler though.

I agree that's why I won't be surprised if they give him mendes to test him...his striking has come on hugely since Conor fought him its a rematch I'd love to see and one that's very realistic within the next year. If Conor finishes aldo and max can finish mendes or an Edgar (a huge task) they could definitely meet

Rockhold via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Just finished the event there, easy for Jacare as exspected. Great win by Rockhold the once he connected with those elbows the fight was more or less over! Will be gutted if he gets a shot over Jacare who I think is more deserving over the past while. Great card anyway really enjoyed it. Highlights were Sterling & Max doing exactly what I taught they would do , perform well!!

Jacare deserves it no doubt but everything hinges on the title fight if weidman wins I'd say rock gets the shot and I think he's got a better chance at beating weidman than jacare...but...if vitor gets a big win and there's no rematch then I'll be surprised if they give it to rock considering he's already lost to vitor?

ASOT wrote: »

I don't see how Jacare is more deserving. Had he beaten Romero then maybe but he didn't get the chance to which is tough luck. Since he came to the UFC his only big win has been Mousasi, Rockhold easily beat 3 guys floating near the top 10 and now Machida. I don't like him but the title shot has to be his.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭xtal191

Rockhold via Submission
    It should be Rockhold vs Jacare sometime in the summer with the winner fighting for the title at the end of the year.

Nah, I think Rockhold deserves the next shot now. Their runs since they joined the UFC aren't comparable imo. Give Jacare the loser of Weidman/Belfort or Romero in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Some great performances on show last night. Paige Vanzant really impressed me. Constant work and constant pressure and was glad to see her get two 10-8 rounds.

I wouldn't be a big Herrig fan (fighting style or personality) so I was glad to see her get dominated.

Max Holloway was excellent yet again and is really improving with each fight. He certainly tightened up his skill set since his last fight and showed some incredible technique.

I think he can go very far. Holloway/Mendes would be a very interesting match up.

Jacare... Well, Jacare did what Jacare does best. Camozzi was overwhelmed.

Nice performance from Rockhold too. Thought he was excellent and very patient and did serious damage to Machida who looked like he'd have rather been anywhere else but fighting last night.

A lot of top ranked guys in each division making statements and there's a few tasty options for future fights.

Rockhold via Decision
    Just knew Rockhold would dominate Machida although it hurt to watch it look so easy.

Rockhold for title shot next no doubt, unless there would be a huge waiting period him and Jacare should fight again. Everyone would love to see it and it makes sense to determine the 'true' number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just knew Rockhold would dominate Machida although it hurt to watch it look so easy.

Rockhold for title shot next no doubt, unless there would be a huge waiting period him and Jacare should fight again. Everyone would love to see it and it makes sense to determine the 'true' number one.

When Sean Shelby went into the Octagon after the fight, Jacare's corner men made the "belt around the waist" gesture and Shelby gave him a nod followed by a thumbs up.

That said, it's not like the UFC haven't gone back on their promises before. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Well shelby doesn't match make for that division

Crazy if destroying machida (who not long along nearly beat the champ and of course former LHW champ) doesn't get you a title shot over a guy who just beat camozzi who was cut from the ufc. Plus luke has beaten souza before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Rockhold via Submission
    Agree with alot of the above. Rockhold has to get the shot now. Jacare should fight Bisping.

Advertisement