Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

Is it Friday yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If anyone was considering a new console for this you can get an Xbox One X, BLOPs 4, RDR2 and PUBG for £410 on Amazon.

Xbox One X PUBG + Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition + Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Exclusive https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JKKD8D6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_8XxZBbBPJ39BH

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

scottigael wrote: »
    Map and gameplay have been leaked! Be mindful of spoilers now, here's 20 seconds of leaked gameplay (no spoilers just shooting)

https://youtu.be/dAEDVFdlXko
    https://my.mixtape.moe/pcszbl.mp4

And part of leaked map (big spoilers)

https://i.redd.it/63y5j952hnt11.jpg

Who in their right mind would want the game spoiled for them?

Who in their right mind would want the game spoiled for them?

Will be unsubscribing from this thread once Friday arrives.
    Not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Will be unsubscribing from this thread once Friday arrives.
    Not worth the risk.

So you are just using us and will dump us when something better (RDR2) comes along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Why? Unless you are planing a late one @ 12am then just wait ;)

Physical Special edition for me, **** digital IMO

Bought mine from Rockstar direct. It dispatched on Saturday so who knows, I may get it sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Bought mine from Rockstar direct. It dispatched on Saturday so who knows, I may get it sooner.
    Good chance you will get it early so i say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Think I will pre order in smyths, grab it Thursday @ midnight and then install it overnight so im good to go on Friday, rather than picking it up Friday and then installing...
    With the Marathon on Sunday, this will for sure keep me off my feet on Saturday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have it preloaded and installed. Do we think there is a big day one patch likely as well or should that be it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Preloaded mine last week now it's just sitting their on the dashboard mocking me. Looked like one thing was installed and one pending but not sure if that's changed.
    If I have to download a 50 gig patch on day one that's me not playing it early Friday morning given the PSN's nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Think I will pre order in smyths, grab it Thursday @ midnight and then install it overnight so im good to go on Friday, rather than picking it up Friday and then installing...
    With the Marathon on Sunday, this will for sure keep me off my feet on Saturday :pac:

Best of luck on Sunday. I did it last year and to keep me off my feet, I watched the entire 2nd season of Stranger Things on the day before!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Have it preloaded and installed. Do we think there is a big day one patch likely as well or should that be it now?

It will, the guy who leaked the trophy list said there's a 3GB release patch. You can have it on download while you're playing though, I'm sure the first hour or so is fine without it (cutscenes, intro to gameplay etc).

(no spoilers/leaks in link, it doesn't say what any of the trophies are etc)

[url] https://www.gamepur.com/news/29987-red-dead-redemption-2-day-one-patch-changelog.html[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I remember doing the midnight release for GTA V in Gamestop Douglas, in Cork.

Said I'd be smart, got food at about 10.30 said I'd que up, thinking I'd be one of the first in the door, nope.

There was a good 20+ in front of me at that stage, I'd say there'll be ques too in Smyths and theres meant to be no rain Thursday night so debating whether to que up early and be home early to get an hour or two into it or turn up about 11.30/11.45 and chance the arm with the que. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I remember doing the midnight release for GTA V in Gamestop Douglas, in Cork.

Said I'd be smart, got food at about 10.30 said I'd que up, thinking I'd be one of the first in the door, nope.

There was a good 20+ in front of me at that stage, I'd say there'll be ques too in Smyths and theres meant to be no rain Thursday night so debating whether to que up early and be home early to get an hour or two into it or turn up about 11.30/11.45 and chance the arm with the que. :o

Your going to have to install the game and looking at the Spiderman thread that seemed to take ages and that's a much smaller game.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Your going to have to install the game and looking at the Spiderman thread that seemed to take ages and that's a much smaller game.

Ya, thats going to be a big pain in the hole, I know if I do get it installed at a somewhat reasonable hour, i'll try justify playing it for a few hours. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Basq wrote: »
    Well, second cheapest behind SuperValu at €50.

20181020-174612.jpg

was this on a local supervalu’s page?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

R777B wrote: »
    was this on a local supervalu’s page?
    On their leaflets.. top-right of left page here: https://supervalu.ie/offers-leaflet/815/mobile/index.html#p=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Will all Supervalus have it in stock or just the bigger ones?

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Will all Supervalus have it in stock or just the bigger ones?
    There was a list around the time that the latest FIFA and / or CoD was out, and it was a substantial number of stores so I'd say some small ones will (certainly local ones in Sligo like Grange and Ballisodare had it).

Aha, here's store list for FIFA: https://supervalu.ie/offers/fifa-2019

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Check their facebook page. My local Supervalu (Loughboy in Kilkenny) advertised they were taking pre-orders on their page. I went in yesterday and paid the ten euro to reserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,138 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rang my local Supervalu and Tescos, both had Fifa, but both said they won't have Red Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

There's a 23 second clip of gameplay leaked. I watched it, It looks brilliant, graphics look stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nodferatu wrote: »
    There's a 23 second clip of gameplay leaked. I watched it, It looks brilliant, graphics look stunning.

Yeah couldn't help myself and watched that as well. So so good!

Linky for those who want to see above 23 second clip!

https://my.mixtape.moe/pcszbl.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

How long will a 99GB install take (roughly)

Depends on broadband.. it varys hugely.. this may help!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Impossible to answer that without knowing the speed of your internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What happens if you do not collect your Smyths pre-order?

Like do they just leave it or do you still get charged if you do not pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Took me 15 hours on a 24mb line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

What happens if you do not collect your Smyths pre-order?

Like do they just leave it or do you still get charged if you do not pick it up?
    I think they charge your card before collection

Advertisement