Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luttrelstown

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

I see an ad has gone up for position of Director of Golf at Luttrellstown. Is Peter Lawrie leaving already?
    https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1683331

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Shop40 wrote: »
    I see an ad has gone up for position of Director of Golf at Luttrellstown. Is Peter Lawrie leaving already?
    https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1683331

WOW, thats a surprise.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see him move sideways somewhat in order to facilitate a new recruit. It is getting busier there all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Had a read of the job description, I have 0 qualifications for it but one thing jumped out at me. Complimentary golf :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Seve OB wrote: »
    WOW, thats a surprise.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see him move sideways somewhat in order to facilitate a new recruit. It is getting busier there all the time

No he is gone I believe... or going.

neckedit wrote: »
    No he is gone I believe... or going.

didn't last p1ssing time did he?
    and he seems to have been doing a good job.

real shame

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Very surprised if he is going. Especially with the amount he has been pushing it on Newstalk recently and his new sponsored car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

hes finishing up on april 6th i heard. dont know why tho.

he is definitely going or even gone already
    heard today from someone in the know
    i was surprised with the reasons, i won't post them here as it would be unfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Seve OB wrote: »
    he is definitely going or even gone already
    heard today from someone in the know
    i was surprised with the reasons, i won't post them here as it would be unfair
    Well that's disappointing. I'm sorry to hear he is leaving/has left. He seemed a popular appointment.
    Feel free to pm the info, to settle my curiosity!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Less of the rumours / speculation please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Wow..... Just plain wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Eoinyh

I actually think he is refreshingly honest, now mcginley!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

It's a shame really, played the course last Friday, albeit 14 holes, as it was a fundraiser on Cheltenham Gold Cup day, the course was in excellent condition, especially after all the recent weather. He was pushing the course with the off the ball lads, and they may have got a little incentive to do so themselves :) . . . It also must be hard for a former european tour winner to go back to "work" setting up shotgun starts for a load of amatuers, a shock to the system I would say!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

First task for the new Director can be to return the layout to the way it was designed and start on the 1st tee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Without any rumour or stories being told has Peter Laurie moved onto another role elsewhere within golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

He was still talking as if he owned the place on this weeks off the ball podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

From irish golfer.
    37 LUTTRELLSTOWN CASTLE

Debates about Dublin’s best parkland may rage but Luttrellstown Castle is the star attraction for Irish Golfer Magazine. This is classic modern parkland with rivers and lakes laced across an old estate and big trees shepherding proceedings. The club has reversed the nines again so that it now returns to its original layout. It certainly makes for a more comfortable start. There are no climbs here… unless you count stepping in to one of the best clubhouses in Ireland.

Reversed nines again back to original? Haven't played here in a while and it was very damp last time I was out on the boards event. Has the condition improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

RoadRunner wrote:
    Reversed nines again back to original? Haven't played here in a while and it was very damp last time I was out on the boards event. Has the condition improved?

Glad to hear that. The change was ill conceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I thought it was great when they switched it, better opening and eased you into it before knocking you over the head with a tough back nine

• Advertisement
Advertisement