Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey Woods & Hellfire - Boardsies Social Run Sunday 26th July

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Yes still on for this, considering making yummy (but very unhealthy!) caramel slices this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Would love to join you guys for this (and put some faces to screen-names) but am away next weekend :(

Have fun, don't get too lost, enjoy the treats and hopefully I will make the next one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

I'll need a lift, if anyone's going from the South Dublin/North Wicklow area I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    I'll need a lift, if anyone's going from the South Dublin/North Wicklow area I'm in.

If you don't get a better offer I can pick you up from bus/DART ?

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    If you don't get a better offer I can pick you up from bus/DART ?

Good thinking :) will do thanks!

Just to throw the cat among the pigeons... I have had external pressure from the club applied this morning: there is a memorial run from Greystones to Bray on Sunday, along the coast path ie TRAIL RUN ;) , starting 10:30am.... :o

• Advertisement

Just to throw the cat among the pigeons... I have had external pressure from the club applied this morning: there is a memorial run from Greystones to Bray on Sunday, along the coast path ie TRAIL RUN ;) , starting 10:30am.... :o

Is it open to all* ? I don't mind doing this one instead. FD, what you think ?

*who bring treats, natch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Good thinking :) will do thanks!

That sounds great, might be sailing Sunday but think it's the evening.

Is it open to all* ? I don't mind doing this one instead. FD, what you think ?

*who bring treats, natch

yep ok with me if we're allowed in/good enough pace wise (although would be happy to trail behind and catch up at the end)

Yay, Absolutely!

Depending how this week goes, I was thinking of jogging from bray to Greystones, meeting the group there and doing the run back...all at a very easy pace. There will be a wide range of pace there so don't worry anyone who hasn't got a speedy run planned for Sunday :)

Here's a cut and paste from FB:
    "Robert Mead, Dan Sauceda and Charles Gaytan have a simple mission: to bring positive awareness to public service professions.
    Over the past year, the three young men have figured out a unique way to show their appreciation, getting others to join them on a regular basis.
    The men have been running around the Sparks Marina, one to two laps a day, for the better part of a year. They aren't looking for donations or personal fame. They just want to honour firefighters', police, medics and military by spreading the word about their support and by making the effort every day to run with American flags.
    On Sunday 26th July, Mead, along with a handful of Americans, will travel to Ireland to meet with Mary Murray to present her with the flag he has been running with to honour Brian Murray and Mark O'Shaughnessy* who both tragically died while fighting a fire in 2007. Afterwards, Irish soldiers, firefighters, medics and police will join the American visitors, mixing Irish and American flags, on a run/jog/walk for six miles between the two coastal towns of Bray and Greystones. The run will be along the Greystones/Bray Cliff and will start at 10.30am from the Greystones end.
    Bray Runners have been invited to take part in this very special event and we would ask as many members and friends, as possible, to take part."

*these are the Bray firefighters, tragic tragic incident. Still felt in the community today.

there will be firefighters and soldiers there...:eek: I'm wearing my 'good' shorts :D:D:D:D

also, sounds like a lovely idea to remember Brian and Mark

• Advertisement

Sounds good! I'm on a step back week so just the one way (6 miles) will do me nicely. And yes, I must dig out the special occasion shorts ;)

aquinn wrote: »
    That sounds great, might be sailing Sunday but think it's the evening.

I can drive! Prepare for an early start :D

I *might' do both legs as had planned a longish run for Sunday, will see what the timing is like etc

DG, If just going one way I assume it makes more sense to park in Bray, then get the DART to Greystones to the start, rather than have to DART it back to the car afterwards ?

Firedance wrote: »
    I *might' do both legs as had planned a longish run for Sunday, will see what the timing is like etc
    DG, If just going one way I assume it makes more sense to park in Bray, then get the DART to Greystones to the start, rather than have to DART it back to the car afterwards ?

I suppose so...you'll have to walk/jog from the dart station to the marina, will you need me a guide?! Darts to Greystones are only every half hour and the Sunday service is atrocious so you'll need to time it with military precision whichever way you do it. Remind me again why you are not trailing there and back? :p I'll be starting from the Raheen car park ('half way' up the head) which cuts a chunk off, I'm not being as foolhardy as it sounds...

Edit: oh yeah...step back week. Ok you're excused...

there is a dart at 10.08 from Bray on Sunday that gets into GS at 10.17, I've no idea of distance from the station to the marina though, I'm going to have to leave Bray at 9/9.15am to 'jog' there and make the 10.30 start which is bit crack of dawnish so might just do one way, I can always do more miles in the PP on the way home!

I suppose so...you'll have to walk/jog from the dart station to the marina, will you need me a guide?! Darts to Greystones are only every half hour and the Sunday service is atrocious so you'll need to time it with military precision whichever way you do it.

There's a DART at 10:08 from Bray, gets in at 10:17 to Greystones. Would that allow enough time to get to the marina ? Not sure where marina is but will figure it out, no need for guide :D

there is a dart at 10.08 from Bray on Sunday that gets into GS at 10.17, I've no idea of distance from the station to the marina though, I'm going to have to leave Bray at 9/9.15am to 'jog' there and make the 10.30 start which is bit crack of dawnish so might just do one way, I can always do more miles in the PP on the way home!

Jinx!

fastest finger first! its the only time I'll ever be quicker than you BG :D:D:D

google maps says 12 min walk, we're good so..

fastest finger first! its the only time I'll ever be quicker than you BG :D:D:D

google maps says 12 min walk, we're good so..

Cool, do you want to arrange to meet in time for that Bray train so ? I'll give you a shout the day before. Will work on aquinn in the meantime, don't think she's a fan of the early starts :P

• Advertisement

That's twice now we've managed to derail this thread, any point in asking the mods to changed the title. Again. ?

Cool, do you want to arrange to meet in time for that Bray train so ? I'll give you a shout the day before. Will work on aquinn in the meantime, don't think she's a fan of the early starts :P

no, but I'm willing to bet she's a fan of the firemen....:p have we lost Laura? I thought she was coming along too?

yep lets meet for that train, are you ok finding your way to bray dart station from DNS :-D

Hehe I'll bring my phone and meet ye at the dart. I'll find out where exactly they're meeting too. Never know, I might be on the dart with ye :)

Will book a wax at that rate and see ye there. I don't think I look good in short/shorts so will stick with my 3/4 length.

I'm excellent in the mornings?

are you asking us or telling us :D

Of course! You are just more excellent in the afternoons ;).

Will book a wax at that rate and see ye there. I don't think I look good in short/shorts so will stick with my 3/4 length.
    Hehe funny you should say that....I booked mine for the morning, ostensibly for my aqua jog on Wednesday but of course now I recognise the underlying urgency :D:D
    Of course! You are just more excellent in the afternoons ;).

Got permission from coachy to do an out and back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

no, but I'm willing to bet she's a fan of the firemen....:p have we lost Laura? I thought she was coming along too?

yep lets meet for that train, are you ok finding your way to bray dart station from DNS :-D

I'm here! Been following the ever changing plans. Had been a doubt due to a possible camping trip but that's up in the air now so could be back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

what, you changed it to Bray to Greystones??? really bummed i'm missing it now... Unlike aquinn, i didn't read the whole thread, is it still this sunday? (26th)

Advertisement