Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey Woods & Hellfire - Boardsies Social Run Sunday 26th July

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

What pace are we talking again? There are post LM drinkies organised for the previous night, I've just realised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

[/B]

Right trail wrong gate......that gate is further down the road...
    After coming out of Cruagh wood and the big green steps youll see a small gate...You literally cross the road at the bad bend and 10 metres down you will see a white pedestrian size gate with a gap to lead you onto the masseys trail.
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.239254,-6.314284,3a,75y,253.65h,62.9t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s5VIWBtZSJ8wUndoaDASPcw!2e0
    (google maps is an older picture the gates have been changed....)
    Youll know you are on the right track when you find 5 hurdles over the fences with the river on your lhs

thank you. I was in the area again last Sunday and found the bottom entrance to Masseys, I could see the trail by the stream which leads up to Cruagh so I'll be hitting that up another time.

Incidentally, I got a a bit of a fright in Massey's estate. Was running along minding my own business when I was jolted by a mans face. On closer inspection as I got nearer it was a large picture surrounded by flowers, obviously a shrine memorial for someone who I suspect died at the spot recently. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Would love to do this but doesn't really fit training schedule unless I make it part of a 22 miler. Plus I've lost my trail shoes already! Next one hopefully. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

davedanon wrote: »
    What pace are we talking again? There are post LM drinkies organised for the previous night, I've just realised.

Hangover pace ;) you won't be the only one feeling tender :)

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Hangover pace ;) you won't be the only one feeling tender :)

Good. I'm still GREEN for this then. In more ways than one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Apologies I'm a late fitness test now hip giving me hassle haven't been able to jog on it :( hopefully ill be right Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Was harbouring secret ambitions of doing this but alas I'm not allowed run hills for the moment.
    Maybe I'll make the next one.

Enjoy!

Any idea of final numbers for this yet? It's Hell Fire carpark to meet, have we settled on a time?

So is this still happening?

Really sorry, meant to post on Friday, I'm out :( Have been persuaded to throw a birthday dinner for Himself*

*by the 4yo :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

So is this still happening?
    If ur billy no mates tomoroow dave, im doin 20 from my gaf with a couple of dudes,ur more dan welcome,but leave the red and yello vest at home

ultraman1 wrote: »
    If ur billy no mates tomoroow dave, im doin 20 from my gaf with a couple of dudes,ur more dan welcome,but leave the red and yello vest at home

Thanks for the invite, but I'm not doing 20 or anything like it. Anyway our club gang will be convening at 8 bells as per usual. And we'll all be in red and yellow...

I'm injured :(

Did anyone go and if so how was it?

Did anyone go and if so how was it?

I didn't make it, there or anywhere else.

I didn't make it, there or anywhere else.

So I see :) I'd have been surprised, sounds like a good night was had!

So I see :) I'd have been surprised, sounds like a good night was had!

Just back from a 10 miler though, just in case you thought I was crapping out altogether.

Just back from a 10 miler though, just in case you thought I was crapping out altogether.

Haha sounds like you needed to sweat out some toxins :D
    A 10k this afternoon did the job for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

There seems to be a bit of interest in another trail run so I'm resurrecting this thread to see who's on for an easy-paced run along this route. Going to suggest Sunday 26th July (morning, probably before 10am) off the top of my head. Post up alternative date(s) if you like, we'll go with the majority and then move to a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    There seems to be a bit of interest in another trail run so I'm resurrecting this thread to see who's on for an easy-paced run along this route. Going to suggest Sunday 26th July (morning, probably before 10am) off the top of my head. Post up alternative date(s) if you like, we'll go with the majority and then move to a new thread.

Super, count me in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Would be interested if the date changes as I am away that weekend and don't fly back until later on Sunday - I shall watch the conversation :)

I'm in for now :) thanks BG! I think we have a TRQ?! Perhaps keep it on this thread tho or link to this as we have all the info on routes here?

I'm in for now :) thanks BG! I think we have a TRQ?! Perhaps keep it on this thread tho or link to this as we have all the info on routes here?

Cool, I might just start a new one to avoid any confusion over dates but will summarise anything relevant in the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Cool, I might just start a new one to avoid any confusion over dates but will summarise anything relevant in the first post.

Provisional yes for this please :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I should be around, I've requested the powers that be to change the title to reflect the new date.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

Long time lurker here 😄

I'm in, never tried that route so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Dying to put the new trail shoes to more use but heading off on holidays earlier that morning. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Murph_D wrote: »
    Dying to put the new trail shoes to more use but heading off on holidays earlier that morning. Enjoy.

what a coincidence... me too! :)

Still injured...

• Advertisement

Just giving this a bump for Sunday week. Who's in ?

Going to suggest a 10 a.m. start, meeting at the Hellfire Car Park. If the car park is locked (this has happened me more than once) just park (safely!) where you can and jog back.

Disclaimer: This is a social run. Everyone undertakes it at their own risk. Pace will be slow/conversational. Distance approx 12K as per PeterX's route assuming we can follow the map. Sense of humour required. Bring treats.

Advertisement