Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 9/7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Johner wrote: »
    Ruby won that race from the front, no better jockey from the front.

Fehily gave him a run for his money there dont you think !

Conti jumps so well its hard not to like him, reminds me of Kauto Star

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Rock On Ruby w/o Artic Fire @ 2/1 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Irritating, all the horses that I backed for Cheltenham that were beaten seem to be winning today (Jezki now).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Horrible fall for Arctic fire, Still down please god he gets up

Irritating, all the horses that I backed for Cheltenham that were beaten seem to be winning today (Jezki now).

Would have been some finish, both were travelling as good coming to the last. Very unlucky.

• Advertisement

Not looking good "screens are up"

He's up, nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

shmeee wrote: »
    Would have been some finish, both were travelling as good coming to the last. Very unlucky.

Arctic Fire was travelling much better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Great run by Rock on Ruby. So unlucky, but may not have reached the top 2 anyway. Had him each way. Jetski got lucky (not tactics of stay behind)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

cant see arctic getting up from that

Dr. Bre wrote: »

He's up and walking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

whoop hes up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Dr. Bre wrote: »

He got up before you posted. Thankfully

Watched it again there now, Ruby wasn't moving on Artic Fire, must have had loads left.

Another race of what if! Pity now.

Rock On Ruby's chance then of getting close was ruined also by Artic Fire falling in front, may not have got up to Jezki but would have been some 3 way finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Bloody nasty fall! I'm happy to take the hit on the bets as long as they're both all right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭BQQ

Difficult to know for sure what he would have found though.

Moot point anyway, as jumping is also part of the game and he didn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Arctic Fire deserved to win that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Arctic Fire deserved to win that.

why ? they have jump the hurdles to win, saying he deserved it is a bit silly now

why ? they have jump the hurdles to win, saying he deserved it is a bit silly now

He's done nothing but improve all season. What horses deserve and what they get are two different things. Just sayin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

While I can see what you mean with your black and white analogy, he's played second fiddle to HF and Faugheen all season and the last race was always written off until the Champion, but even most were doubting he could stay 2m4 today. He was the best horse out there and deserved a win after playing second fiddle all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

kalinisi wrote: »
    Think it might have been me that started all this messing with the dates! Anyway

Tip 5.10 Splashtop showed plenty of boot up the Curragh over 7f fading in the last furlong or so, have him in my tracker to back over 6f on soft, but given the small field i think he maybe able to get to the lead and keep it so will take a chance at 6/1 2pts win

Aintree bets ended up being
    1.40 Clarcam / Three Kingdoms dutched
    2.15 Hargam
    2.50 Menorah / Ma Filleule dutched
    3.25 Jezki

Jezki you just saved my bacon!

• Advertisement

C'mon Nina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

andyman wrote: »
    While I can see what you mean with your black and white analogy, he's played second fiddle to HF and Faugheen all season and the last race was always written off until the Champion, but even most were doubting he could stay 2m4 today. He was the best horse out there and deserved a win after playing second fiddle all season.

I can see what you mean with your sentimental analogy, unfortunately a horse does not deserve anything, it has to be earned.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

**** it!! Warne brought down at the first!

Class jockey. Class ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

andyman wrote: »

The best horse doesn't always win, but I dont think thats a realistic thing to say in this instance. He wasn't hard done by In any way, he just didn't take his hurdle well.

Jezki and Ror are far more accomplished horses and we know they are top class. As of yet, all Arctic Fire has really accomplished is finish second to some very good horses, and now we can add fell when travelling well in the Aintree hurdle to his list. He may well be a better horse than the other 2 in time, but that fact cant be just assumed because he appeared to be travelling well two out.

I had a suspicion pre race that he was ridden to place in the champion hurdle, which has neither been proved or disproved today.

Certainly a hugely improved horse but I don't think you can say he would have won, or even deserved to win. Let's be glad the horse is ok and hope he can win some prizes on the track next year instead of being awarded them by the moderator of a forum ;-)

They should've given Emma Spencer a one-way ticket to Dubai last week. She's as clueless as her erstwhile husband, Frank.

Bad day today. Call the cops in the next to recoup some of my losses!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I swore Ian Bartlett said Major Malarkey was down before Canal Turn in the Foxhunters.
    Checked my account to see I got paid for him finishing 4th.
    Not the first time hes made a howler of a call like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Paul carberry is so frustrating, had ted veale ew and off a strong pace there he was dead last and ended up coming 8th or so.

Oh and i have taglietlle backed in the last with mr p carberry on him, be flying late now and come 5th in top 5. Annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Am amazed to see that Clondaw Kaempfer is a stonking 40/1 in the 5:15 at Aintree. Is 2/3 here at Aintree (placed the other time) and won at the Festival last year. Stepped up in trip today with the red hot Paul Townend on board, surely worth a punt.

Advertisement