Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 9/7

Options
  • 08-04-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

7.20 Tipp Focussed 14/1 looks really well handicapped and has given a chance by the handicapper dropped 4 lbs for its last run over 11f at Dundalk. A C and D winner in a 3 year old handicap last year off a mark of 80. Runs off 71 tomorrow the 14s with boyles looks too big to me. 2 pt win

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

sdoc13 wrote: »
    7.20 Tipp Focussed 14/1 looks really well handicapped and has given a chance by the handicapper dropped 4 lbs for its last run over 11f at Dundalk. A C and D winner in a 3 year old handicap last year off a mark of 80. Runs off 71 tomorrow the 14s with boyles looks too big to me. 2 pt win

Having allocated tomorrow's budget on aintree:
    1) pacha du polder 4:05
    2) rock on ruby 3:25
    3) bellenos 4:40
    4) next sensation 4:40

I did focused 46 cents e/w, your pick may keep me in the game ;)

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

9th of August tomorrow? I've missed my ****ing holiday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

Jaysus! And I thought it was only money I was losing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Must be going delirious from going through cards. No idea how to change it any help?

On a positive note it would bring us closer to Cheltenham!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Jesus Christ lads, it feels like it was April three days ago, July two days ago and April yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Any one got any fancies for St Stephens day card tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Menorah for the betfred bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Think it might have been me that started all this messing with the dates! Anyway

Tip 5.10 Splashtop showed plenty of boot up the Curragh over 7f fading in the last furlong or so, have him in my tracker to back over 6f on soft, but given the small field i think he maybe able to get to the lead and keep it so will take a chance at 6/1 2pts win

Aintree bets ended up being
    1.40 Clarcam / Three Kingdoms dutched
    2.15 Hargam
    2.50 Menorah / Ma Filleule dutched
    3.25 Jezki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

4.05 Aintree

Warne 6/1

Last years winner of this contest Warne looks to have been aimed at this contest all year and with jockey Sam Waley-Cohen excelling over the National fences I think he'll take a lot of beating and he looks an outstanding each way bet at 6/1. Brian Hamilton's 11 year old made all to win this contest convincingly last year and I'm hoping for a repeat performance this year. He warmed up for thiseasy P2P victory last month and I think this extended 2m5f journey is his ideal trip. Cheltenham Foxhunter winner On The Fringe clearly comes here in great heart with a very impressive win last month but given that this is his first try over the national fences and over a trip on the short side for him he may struggle to pin Warne back. With 4 places paid, I think Warne looks an outstanding each way proposition as I can't see him out of the frame but I think he'll take a lot of beating in this and he can win this for the 2nd year running.

4.40 Aintree

Parsnip Pete 14/1

Like my selection in the previous race Warne, Parsnip Pete will be looking to win this for the 2nd year running and I think he's got a cracking chance of doing so. Tom George's 9 year old was a very impressive winner of this contest 12 months ago off a mark of 134 and although he's 10lb higher this year around he did score again over this C+D impressively off a 3lb lower mark of 141 on his seasonal reappearance in October and I think he's handicapped to strike now rated 144. Since his most recent success, Parsnip Pete has ran 4 times (latest start over hurdles) on ground softer than ideal and I think the return to Aintree (2-2 here) and better ground will definitely see the best out of him. I expect Paddy Brennan to have him situated not far off the pace and I think he's primed for a huge run. Although a competitive field, I think the 14/1 on offer for last years winner is a huge price and I'm confident of a very big performance that can hopefully see Parsnip Pete score in this once again.

5.15 Aintree

Call The Cops 13/2

Nicky Henderson's lightly raced and improving 6 year old was a horse I backed at Cheltenham in the Pertemps and I see absolutely no reason why he can't win here too as I think his 7lb rise looks very lenient. Call The Cops has been a revelation since upped to 3 miles on good ground on his last 2 starts and with those conditions prevalent here again I think he'll take a lot of beating. Having bolted up at Doncaster off a mark of 133, Call The Cops came out to win at the Cheltenham Festival just 12 days later under a 5lb penalty and the manner of that success leads me to believe he's definitely still handicapped to win races off his new mark of 145. Connections also had him entered in a Grade 1 on Saturday which I think says a lot about how they rate him and I'd be stunned if he's new mark is beyond him. Given his strong travelling style, I think he'll be ideally suited to Aintree's flat track and I'm confident Andrew Tinkler can score on Call The Cops for the 3rd consecutive time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Just a small patent on Clarcam, Royal Regatta and Duke Street at Southwell for me.

Single on Teajaybe as well at Southwell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Silviniaco conti, warne, parsnip Pete, the tourard man Ew Yankee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody fancy the bet on Betfair Next Sensation and Call the Cops to place 13/2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Backed Yes I Am down at Tipp who looks very well handicapped. Has three lengths to make up with the fav on his run last time out but he was given far too much to do and fared best of those that raced to the rear. He could run much better than his form figures and he's very strong now. Backed it at 8/1 now Boyles a stand out 6, 5/1 generally

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The powerplay on PP is 5/2 Artic Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Silviniaco Conti
    Arctic Fire
    Call The Cops

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I am all over Warne as well in the Foxhunters. Made bits out of the field last year, and seemed to really relish the flat track.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Here's hoping for a good day for everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Clarcam. Had it at Chelters.

Ruby won that race from the front, no better jockey from the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I did too, but I held on.

Mind you, I thought I had an e/w on, but I forgot to do it. C'mon Devilment, Holywell and Jezki for the acca!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Paddy money back as free bet if 2nd or 3rd in 4yo race.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Swampfire must have a chance in the 2-30 at Taunton off a mark of 100. Has won in the past rated 124, and managed to pick up a seller last year off 115. He's also down in grade today so I'm hoping for a good run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭BQQ

Aggghhh!

I had All Yours at cheltenham. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Menorah for me. This this will be a good week for Hobbs, he went light at Cheltenham in order to focus on Aintree this year.
    I think it could pay dividends come Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

What a great horse Silvinaco is. Classy and a big heart

Get the **** in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

The first fence was breath taking. Then SC kept it up. Worried about the run in. Brilliant jumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Fehily gave the horse a beautiful ride

Surely mcmanus could offer him that job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

I thought if Mccoy had won a race before Jetski race, I might avoid Jetski for Rock on Ruby. But, now, I can't see Mccoy ending the day without a win.

What is Jetskis chance? Him and Rock on Ruby are the only ones that have done something at this distance. I know Arctic Fire is expected to win, but I just don't see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I thought if Mccoy had won a race before Jetski race, I might avoid Jetski for Rock on Ruby. But, now, I can't see Mccoy ending the day without a win.

What is Jetskis chance? Him and Rock on Ruby are the only ones that have done something at this distance. I know Arctic Fire is expected to win, but I just don't see it

Geraghty gets on better with Jezki, in my opinion.

Advertisement