Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-uno-mk1-nct-tax/23086682

MzY0ZjM0ZDE0MGIzMDk1Nzk0NjU0ZThjZjdjYzE0MDRLuXyj_beiL7Z9kBC8Yz26aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzMzNzM4MDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice little starter classic for someone, NCT till April 2021, 1 years tax and its €1250

Bargain of the year on here so far IMO. Excellent car in its day, we had one and they were very spacious compared to the opposition. Very reliable too, the oul fella did big miles in it as a company rep back in the day.

Very fair price for a car that needs no special maintenance.

Sliding ashtray is a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,841 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Fond memories of them myself. My best mate had one back in the day (early 90s) and we took it on a holiday to the south of France, the thing loaded up with 2 wind surf boards and all our camping gear and we drove it pretty much flat out. Reliable it was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

That is a cracking little car.

That seems to be an interim update model before the facelift came out. Seems to have later seats but with original paddle switch dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I went to see one of these for similar money, same colour in Clonmel a while back. No where near as good in the flesh as it looked in the photos. Cannot be certain its the same car though. it had facelift bumpers at the time I think but the originals came with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

unkel wrote: »
    Fond memories of them myself. My best mate had one back in the day (early 90s) and we took it on a holiday to the south of France, the thing loaded up with 2 wind surf boards and all our camping gear and we drove it pretty much flat out. Reliable it was too.

My dad had a 1984 one from nearly new, could have been ex demo. Kept it until 1992 with ~350k on the clock so mechanically very good but it had significant warranty work done for rust.

• Advertisement

FIAT were still using the dodgy soviet steel at that time no doubt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I had a lovely little 1989 Lancia Y10, Uno in a nice frock, and I sold it for about 300 quid three or four years ago with a good chunk of NCT on it. Wish I had it now!

I had a lovely little 1989 Lancia Y10, Uno in a nice frock, and I sold it for about 300 quid three or four years ago with a good chunk of NCT on it. Wish I had it now!

The front of the Y10 does have a striking similarity to the Uno but I believe its Fiat cousin was the Panda. Kind of ironic considering everything about the panda was about penny pinching including using flat pieces of glass for the windows, the side windows are interchangeable between left and right, meanwhile the Y10 was the original luxury city car.

unkel wrote: »
    FIAT were still using the dodgy soviet steel at that time no doubt :D

The Tipo was galvanised and the mk2 Uno, the mk1 Uno was still Russian pig iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Not based on the Uno, having a completely different rear suspension to any Fiat (used on later editions of the Panda). Front suspension was Panda based, which was different to the Uno.
    The FIRE engine was fitted to the Y10 prior to being used in subsequent Fiat models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Sad to think that chic city cars based on the Panda/500 platform is all there is to Lancia now. For the Italian and surrounding markets only. It's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Sad to think that chic city cars based on the Panda/500 platform is all there is to Lancia now. For the Italian and surrounding markets only. It's a shame.
    The real surprise is Lancia sell more cars than Alfa and habe done so for the last few years despite having only old old car in the range

I dont know about the condition, but is 2k all this is worth ?

MGBgt

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I dont know about the condition, but is 2k all this is worth ?

MGBgt

I'd imagine it's rusted out underneath. The seller seems to acknowledge something is up too.

I like this too !
    BMW

I worked with a fella in London while a student back in the late '80's. I was mystified when he told me drove a "white hen".... It was a while before I realised he was saying 'Y10'

There was a very cool (back then) all white Fila version available that was about as trendy as you could get in London at the time. More for pulling up outside a rave rather than the Ivy, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Mine was a Fila one too, but it was black. Had very trendy red seatbelts though!

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's rusted out underneath. The seller seems to acknowledge something is up too.

Why does it need 2 x 12v batteries ??? a 24v MGBGT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

swarlb wrote: »
    Why does it need 2 x 12v batteries ??? a 24v MGBGT
    two 6volt batteries, under the back seat each side of the drive shaft.

I like this too !
    BMW

Looks very nice, and good value at that price, but the car was last tested over 4 years ago.

• Advertisement

oceanman wrote: »

The ad states 'fitted with 2 x 12volt batteries May 2018'

swarlb wrote: »

The ad states 'fitted with 2 x 12volt batteries May 2018'

Those batteries may prove useful when arc welding the chassis back together.

The seller seems to acknowledge something is up too.

I actually missed that ! refreshing change from the usual : "its absolutely immaculate"

I actually missed that ! refreshing change from the usual : "its absolutely immaculate"

I've a car for sale at the minute but no serious callers.

I'm tempted to update the ad with sh!te pictures, say it's mint and start ranting about scrapping it next week if I don't get my money. Seems to work for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

I've a car for sale at the minute but no serious callers.

I'm tempted to update the ad with sh!te pictures, say it's mint and start ranting about scrapping it next week if I don't get my money. Seems to work for everyone else.
    whats the car you have for sale? maybe post up a link.

whats the car you have for sale? maybe post up a link.

I got nervous about having too many cars. I've a very early Clio as well that I might put up to see if it sells but that's an absolute minter.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/renault-19-rsi-nct-06-20-tax-11-19/23071448

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I got nervous about having too many cars. I've a very early Clio as well that I might put up to see if it sells but that's an absolute minter.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/renault-19-rsi-nct-06-20-tax-11-19/23071448

Very nice. I'll drop you a PM later. Any more info on the clio?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,446 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Not to impugn you good sir but I do believe the price is the reason that hasn't sold.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Not to impugn you good sir but I do believe the price is the reason that hasn't sold.
    That's fair enough but I'd respectfully disagree.

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Very nice. I'll drop you a PM later. Any more info on the clio?

Yep, registered June 1991, I bought it from Renault UK. It was a press car used for the launch of the Clio Mk4......and was driven by Nicole :cool:

The actual Clio I'm talking about in Paris!

171.jpg

Advertisement