Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

pablo128 wrote: »
    Far from a bargain. It doesn't even have nice wheels or leather for that price.

But it has "chape tax". There's fellas would gnaw their own arm off to pay 56 euro tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

But it has "chape tax". There's fellas would gnaw their own arm off to pay 56 euro tax.

It is worth a bit of money. I was only researching them the other week to see if they came with the 4.4 V8. I drove a few E39 540s back in the day and they were some machine.

I think that price is way too high for that particular spec though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Youd pay a lot of tax before you would cover that premium

• Registered Users Posts: 64,993 ✭✭✭✭unkel

pablo128 wrote: »
    It is worth a bit of money. I was only researching them the other week to see if they came with the 4.4 V8.

They didn't. The 4.4 (and 3.5) V8 are the M62 engine as found in the E39

The E34 had the M60 V8 engine that came in 3.0 and 4.0 versions. I had one back in the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Not exactly a bargain tho is it?

This 1989 525i looks like better value. It says original lady owner had it for 29 years...

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1100848

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

elperello wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-5-series-525-i-e34-only-87k-miles/22017990

A nice clean low mileage E34 advertised in Cars for sale not Vintage Cars for sale.

That ZV plate looks terrible on that machine.

Agreed, looks like a cheap plastic plate. I always spend a bit more money to at least get a decent quality metal plate like on my W201 Mercedes:

481728.jpg

Sorry folks, I really don't know why that picture turned up like that. I obviously did not take that picture at a 90 degree angle. Rest assured my car is in excellent condition. I will not call it mint, but for my asking price, it is likely to be the best value for money W201 Mercedes you will see for sale in this country for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Much interest in the Merc unkel?

2 gents came to see it and drive it and they both seemed really taken with the car - no surprise as the car is really excellent - the weakness as you pointed out is that the pics in my ad taken with my phone are poor. The first gent planned to buy my car for his wife as a cheap to own second car. That didn't work out, she wasn't ready for a vintage car :D Second gent is a user on here. He is not quite sure what to get next, but he might yet buy my car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

unkel wrote: »
    That didn't work out, she wasn't ready for a vintage car :D
    Nice one :).

But... vintage? Am I that old that cars designed after I was born are now called vintage? :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Seweryn wrote: »
    Nice one :).

But... vintage? Am I that old that cars designed after I was born are now called vintage? :o.

Unfortunately if your not already that old you're not far away.

Agreed, looks like a cheap plastic plate. I always spend a bit more money to at least get a decent quality metal plate like on my W201 Mercedes:

481728.jpg

Even at that, the car itself was from 1988. It shouldn't really be on a ZV. (I mean your man's car. Not yours ;). )

Sorry folks, I really don't know why that picture turned up like that. I obviously did not take that picture at a 90 degree angle. Rest assured my car is in excellent condition. I will not call it mint, but for my asking price, it is likely to be the best value for money W201 Mercedes you will see for sale in this country for years.

Will you throw up your ad again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I thought once it's over 30 years old you get to choose, as the car is *now* vintage?

Will you throw up your ad again?

Sure thing:

Here is the ad

I thought once it's over 30 years old you get to choose, as the car is *now* vintage?

That's correct. You can pick a ZV number or a year number for any car >=30 years old that you import into Ireland.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Really is a lovely looking motor. If I didnt already have 2 classics I'd bite your hand off. Always wanted an old Merc

Cheers. The pictures don't do it justice, this really is an excellent car that was very well looked after. If I didn't have the Porsche, I would keep it myself, even though I don't like white cars in general. And my kids + wife don't like old Mercedes cars :o

Sure thing:

Here is the ad

That's correct. You can pick a ZV number or a year number for any car >=30 years old that you import into Ireland.

I'd be all over that like a rash if it was next year.

Maybe I'll still have it next year, the market seems fairly lame these days :p

Fingers crossed so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Neither of those cars has ever had an NCT. I wouldn't bother even ringing the sellers about them.

The 323 is well worth saving

I could have bought that exact 626 a few months ago for €50

Maybe I'll still have it next year, the market seems fairly lame these days :p

Is it though? I've seen a good few 190s go up on Donedeal and sell in the same time yours has been up. Your ad needs improving!

Yeah my ad is not good, the pictures are lousy and I'm a terrible salesman. I just hope the car sells itself though, I'm not giving it away for free and I'm in no particular hurry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Same dealer selling a number of cars very very cheaply. Based in Mallow. Some interesting stuff parked up in his shed as well.

450 SL- US Spec
    S123
    1972 DS
    XR3i
    Silver Shadow
    Rover P4

https://www.donedeal.ie/all?userId=3207688

NmY3YTVhODQ3ZGNiNGEwMWIzMzZmYWY1YTFiN2MwOGa_TOSu51oLJ1YULnl7gZ1OaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjU4MDQ4MjB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

MjQ2ZWY0MDkwZGQ3MTE1MWFmNDk5OWEwYWI3MmEwOGW1bMuUxTpuWzvbZHxWxb2GaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjU1MDY3NjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone know what the blue car is across from the Merc above? Looks menacing from that angle.

That DS screams EV conversion!

Those engines were dire to start with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Advertisement