Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aintree

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Just find it hard to believe that the champion hurdle form is true. If it is genuine and Arctic Fire has improved to be only a few pounds behind Faugheen then it should be a formality for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Any thoughts on the Topham?

Rathlin strikes me as a horse who could really take the National fences. Has dropped to an ok looking mark and will love the spring ground. Didn't shape too badly last time out and the yard's horses seem to be running better now. He ran a solid race in the Melling last year when out of his class. Running here off 147 looks his right level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

1 race in 26 quid up on a 1.50 e/w bet :D ah the big bets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Just find it hard to believe that the champion hurdle form is true. If it is genuine and Arctic Fire has improved to be only a few pounds behind Faugheen then it should be a formality for him.

Arctic Fire has been good all year to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Shemale wrote: »
    Have I missed something with Clarcam in the first, he is 6/1.

Sure his worst race was the Arkle but his form looks very strong, has to be worth a few quid. If Clarcam runs his race Vibrato is the only one I would be worried about, can't have Josses even after an improved run last time.

Boom :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Boom :)

Good call thanks for the heads up. Gordon Elliot issome trainer. Another winner missed by Cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Have I missed something with Clarcam in the first, he is 6/1.

Sure his worst race was the Arkle but his form looks very strong, has to be worth a few quid. If Clarcam runs his race Vibrato is the only one I would be worried about, can't have Josses even after an improved run last time.

Well done great shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

Horrible fall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Doesn't look good for Arctic Fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

He's up! Must have been winded.

• Advertisement

Thats twice now that ruby has cost me a fortune hard to take but glad both horse and jockey are fine.
    But im still fuming though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

handsfree2 wrote: »
    Tomorrow I reckon silv should be favourite and I'll be backing him.

I'll follow kalinisi with hargam.

I'm leaning towards valbrato valtat in the first.
    I'm also leaning towards jezki over rock on ruby, it seems obvious but I'm open to be challenged on that.

Last time d'alban for the foxhunters

The day is going nicely. Claret cloak and call the cops in the last 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

gazza1 wrote: »
    Thats twice now that ruby has cost me a fortune hard to take but glad both horse and jockey are fine.
    But im still fuming though !!

Same. He cost me twice now today alone, and then with Annie Power a couple weeks ago.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Mr.H wrote: »
    Same. He cost me twice now today alone, and then with Annie Power a couple weeks ago.....................

Don't talk about Annie Power :))))))

The optimist in me says ROR was cost a nice win by Arctic ********er!!

gazza1 wrote: »
    Arctic fire & conti 2x singles and a double
    also taglietelle ew
    gl all

Well should have been a full house but not to be.
    onto tomorrow and well done to all the winners today

God my luck just isnt improving and my mental resiliance is awful, like the muppet I am had two last minute changes of mind to cost me money and threw bloody Hargam into all my accs when my rule is only back shorties that are superstars.

Have to go tell the missus I had three winners but the two biggest priced were locked in easy win multiples, spam for dinner.again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

Why is it every time I back a horse to place it goes ahead and wins?? Backed Taglietelle at 11/8 to place, but sure look it. At least it minimised todays losses to a half point. Onward and upward!

Was going to back Champagne Fever for the Champion Chase before he didn't run but think he's too short for me tomorrow.

ogruairi wrote: »
    Why is it every time I back a horse to place it goes ahead and wins?? Backed Taglietelle at 11/8 to place, but sure look it. At least it minimised todays losses to a half point. Onward and upward!

Was going to back Champagne Fever for the Champion Chase before he didn't run but think he's too short for me tomorrow.
    Out of interest, do you win any money if a horse wins but you specifically back him to place?

Akward day, 2 wins and 2 places (Pearl Leader and Rock on Ruby) one of which another poster talked me into (Clarcam) I wished I paid heed to the chap you called for Tagliette, despite the weight and new distance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

ogruairi wrote: »

100/30 is a fair enough price. I thought he'd be slightly shorter than that. Jumps well, and no better jockey than Ruby to dictate the pace up front.

Out of interest, do you win any money if a horse wins but you specifically back him to place?

No, unfortunately :(

100/30 is a fair enough price. I thought he'd be slightly shorter than that. Jumps well, and no better jockey than Ruby to dictate the pace up front.

I agree that Ruby and the jumping and the jumping are major plusses but I think it's a very strong field and from a value standpoint Balder Succes or SDG at 8/1 each might be the value plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Balder Success e/w good race few in with chances but this track will see him in a better light

With Mouse's horses coming back into a bit of form Alpha Des Obleux in the last tomorrow at 16/1 e/w play

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

kalinisi wrote: »
    Balder Success e/w good race few in with chances but this track will see him in a better light

With Mouse's horses coming back into a bit of form Alpha Des Obleux in the last tomorrow at 16/1 e/w play

I've backed both of these and also cardinal Walter's.

I'm willing to give carraig mor another go.

I don't fancy anything strongly for tomorrow

Have done the attached, going to do the first four in a 4fold and do a cover 4fold with Vasco Du Ronceray in instead of St James.

Can someone please look at the last furlong of the Bowl today, I backed Holywell so it could be my imagination but it looks like AP simply gave up on Holywell when it looked like he was going to get there. The horse had his ears pricked, neck stretched and Mc Coy driving him making up the defecit and it's like AP just dropped his hands with a good 50 yards + to go? :confused:

Advertisement