Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aintree

Options
  • 07-04-2015 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Any strong fancies for the meeting?

I really want to back don cossack now at 5/1 as i think he will go off fav for the melling at around 9/4 perhaps with mccoy booked, did well to finish 3rd in the ryanair and has the beating of c fever for me when they met a few starts back. Fever freaher after missing chelt though same with cue card but he looks to have regressed.

Monetaire is another in the topham ran well in the byrne but was touched off, i had him ew ante post for tht and will keep faith here at 10/1 ew, wasnt sure he was going to run as i thought the paddy power in nov might have been his target but pipe confirmed he goes.

Smad place 20/1 ew top 3 a post was a bet i did, not so keen on his chances and has to improve a fair bit but you never know he might surprise and go well, was a hard gc for any horse with coneygree unsettling most of them but 7 runners here id take a place for that bet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Cue Card Cue Card Cue Card

Zarkander Zarkander Zarkander

Win Double

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Holywell is under priced tomorrow and will be backing Silviniaco Conti at the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Johner wrote: »
    I think Holywell is under priced tomorrow and will be backing Silviniaco Conti at the prices.

Same as that, conti run too bad to be true last time, best form in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

For Thursday i like the below.

Take a chance on clarcam although he's probably coming to the end of a hard season 1pt win ended up coupling him with 3 kings

Hargam, remortgaging the apartment and have the lot on :0 , 6pts win

Ma Filleule, flat track better ground, course form, mares in form can be hard to beat, Sickbag Conti best horse in the race, but i just cant touch after the gold cup run 2pts win Ended up coupling her with Menorah

Jezki @11/4 , trip wont be an issue, he's closely matched with Artic Fire, at the prices ill take him to turn the tables, hopefully rock on ruby takes them along and McCoy is aggresive on him, 2 pts win

Rest of the meeting

Balder Success in the Melling e/w back on a flat track has to go close 2pts e/w

After Hargam wins have the lot on Zarkandar in the Liverpool hurdle, should Hargam get beat ill have to rob a bank / hit up loan sharks and have the lot of that on Zarkandar ! 6pts win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Will be backing Holywell if I can get 2/1 or better.

Ted Veale is tempting also. Don't think he was ever allowed into contention at Cheltenham once the ground went against him. Get's his favoured conditions here and has been dropped 3 pounds for his Cheltenham run. His slowish jumping remains a concern but he should be able to come late here under Carberry as the pace is bound to be fierce.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I have a fancy for Eastlake in the Topham on Friday. The way he finished off at Cheltenham was pretty impressive, another furlong and he would have won I think. Has performed well at Aintree in the past and will definitely be getting my each way money on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Cue Card Cue Card Cue Card

Zarkander Zarkander Zarkander

Win Double

Ill probably be falling into:o the Cue Card Trap as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

Devilment has run very well in all of his hurdle races. It's definitely worth noting that he beat four subsequent winners when winning at Doncaster and Wetherby respectively, without coming off the bridle. He proved steadily progressive when reversing the form with Pain Au Chocolat in the Triumph and though unable to trouble the Henderson trio, he should give Hargam something to think about. At the prices 7/1 is much more appealing than the Evens available for Hargam.

The Tourard Man never seems to run a bad race. He remains very lightly raced for his age. Beaten less than three lengths by Call The Cops at Cheltenham, he should be able to make the frame again. I'm a bit surprised Hutchinson has jumped ship but Johnson is definitely a positive booking.

Can Richard Johnson ride an 87/1 double?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Tomorrow I reckon silv should be favourite and I'll be backing him.

I'll follow kalinisi with hargam.

I'm leaning towards valbrato valtat in the first.
    I'm also leaning towards jezki over rock on ruby, it seems obvious but I'm open to be challenged on that.

Last time d'alban for the foxhunters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Will chance Astracad who often runs well in this. 20/1 worth a score

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Holywell and Rock on Ruby for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Jossess Hill my nap he won well at Aintree last year and ran well at Cheltenham.

7/2 the double with Hargam hopefully get me off to a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Really fancy Rock on Ruby tomorrow. Ideal distance, perfect ground and should take a hell of a lot of beating. 3/1 seems fair to me. 3 Pts win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Silvi, Silvi, Silvi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

aidankkk wrote: »
    Ill probably be falling into:o the Cue Card Trap as well..

Tbh from what I'd read I thought Don Cossack would be going for the Bowl but still think 7/1 about Cue Card with Bet365 is a couple of points too big. Champagne Fever, regardless of hype, flatters to deceive over fences and can't quite fathom how he's fav, Don Cossack has still a bit to prove going left handed outside Ireland and Al Ferof, similar to CC has a to prove after a break and I think he's better on soft at this stage and sure to be found out by Aintree.

Cue Card is the best horse in race IMO and given he never stayed 3m and an issue was found with him also, I think he's a good chance of upsetting his younger rivals if given an agressive ride. The horse I do fear is Balder Success. He's a pure flat track bully but he's travels, jumps lovely and is classy around Aintree

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hargam looks very solid but I really can't say no to the 9/1 on offer on Bristol De Mai, think it's huge value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

The Two I like tomorrow are Astracad and Apache Jack. I really think Apache Jack could run well back over hurdles and ruby on board a positive. Both 2 pts win.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Tbh from what I'd read I thought Don Cossack would be going for the Bowl but still think 7/1 about Cue Card with Bet365 is a couple of points too big. Champagne Fever, regardless of hype, flatters to deceive over fences and can't quite fathom how he's fav, Don Cossack has still a bit to prove going left handed outside Ireland and Al Ferof, similar to CC has a to prove after a break and I think he's better on soft at this stage and sure to be found out by Aintree.

Cue Card is the best horse in race IMO and given he never stayed 3m and an issue was found with him also, I think he's a good chance of upsetting his younger rivals if given an agressive ride. The horse I do fear is Balder Success. He's a pure flat track bully but he's travels, jumps lovely and is classy around Aintree

I really like Cue Card... but can't be backing horses who have suffered set backs. I went up to Aintree to watch CC take on Sprinter Sacre, and what a race that was! But I feel that, like Sprinter, his best days may be behind him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

sdoc13 wrote: »
    The Two I like tomorrow are Astracad and Apache Jack. I really think Apache Jack could run well back over hurdles and ruby on board a positive. Both 2 pts win.

I have added Holywell at 2s 3 pt win. i also think jezki might win but havent pulled the trigger yet. Fav is a woeful price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Arctic fire & conti 2x singles and a double
    also taglietelle ew
    gl all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Have I missed something with Clarcam in the first, he is 6/1.

Sure his worst race was the Arkle but his form looks very strong, has to be worth a few quid. If Clarcam runs his race Vibrato is the only one I would be worried about, can't have Josses even after an improved run last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭frank93

Josses hill is way too short. OK he finished third but the pace the went at that day suited him. The pace tomorrow won't be as strong and I feel his jumping could catch him out tomorrow. VV is the one to beat in this. Suffered badly in the arkle by trying yo mix it up front with UDS but if he us giving a more waiting ride tomorrow he should be psdt the post in front. Clarcam offers a good e/w bet at the odds. Hargam will bolt up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Indeed, surely Josses will go off 3-1 at least, id have Vibrato fav for sure.

Same goes for Holywell(Silviniaco) and Arctic Fire(Rock on Ruby). Very oddly priced up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Arctic fire NR?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

gazza1 wrote: »
    Arctic fire & conti 2x singles and a double
    also taglietelle ew
    gl all

I really like Tagliatelle, backed him each way at Cheltenham and ran well.

But, with a bigger weight to carry over a distance that he's not familiar with, would you be confident? No better man than Elliot to have him right

5.15 Although hasn't been seen since October, I think Dawn Commander is over priced. Loves this track and carries a nice weight. Alas, his form in 2014 was superior. Each way. Never a fan of grey horses but..

I think Tourard Man is also an each way candidate

4.40 A speculative bet, I acknowledge he is up in class and one pound out of weights, but each way on Pearls Legend, a front runner

Mccoy is due at least a double. Depending on how he does in the first two races (Kingdom might not be a crazy choice in the first as none of the rivals are proven at distance) it might be worth a last minute consideration for Jetski. Hopefully Rock on Ruby does a Hurricane Fly and prove that the old boys can still do the business against the young pretenders.

Shemale wrote: »
    Have I missed something with Clarcam in the first, he is 6/1.

Sure his worst race was the Arkle but his form looks very strong, has to be worth a few quid. If Clarcam runs his race Vibrato is the only one I would be worried about, can't have Josses even after an improved run last time.

I think the booking of Ruby will have him in contention, while I am on VV (not confident), I am giving serious consideration to Clarcam. None of these horses are proven over today's distance

I like Nico, but as a rule of thumb, I prefer to see my horses with the same jockey to assess who might be at fault,(funny enough, that rule rarely applies if Geraghty is on a horse for the first time) agree with you on Josses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

i'm beginning to think Artic Fire is underestimated hugely. Take faugheen out of the Champion Hurdle and he would be 4/7 here.. He trounced everything else on good ground and wont mind the step up in trip surly. Not my type of bet but might put him in an accum or 2..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

I really like Tagliatelle, backed him each way at Cheltenham and ran well.

But, with a bigger weight to carry over a distance that he's not familiar with, would you be confident? No better man than Elliot to have him right

The way taglietelle finished at cheltenham over 2m5f makes me think this distance is what he needs. Im very confident he will at least make the frame and having taken the 10/1 on offer last night i think its cracking ew value. But like all races of this type lots of luck needed
    gl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

backed ruby last night thinking 3s was a good price..now 4s
    seriously worried about artic fire though

Advertisement