Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elton John & David Furnish verus dolce and gabbana

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Shandashey wrote: »
    I certainly would not judge any parent on the way they raise their kids.

I would, I do it instinctively, they're either good parents, or they're not, and they need to be told to cop the hell on. Celebrities live in a completely different reality though from your average parents, so I judge them by a different standard again.

You can't possibly suggest that these two are representative of an average family when they are anything but.

Perspective does not come into this.

Of course perspective comes into it, otherwise how would you or I or anyone else be able to offer an opinion? From your perspective Elton and David are a loving couple and they're fantastic parents to their two children and can provide for them a wonderful life with unlimited opportunities.

My perspective differs quite a bit from that. I'd be reluctant to tempt fate as I know from experience that children don't necessarily turn out like their parents, and I can only hope that's true for these children that they forge their own path in life and indeed don't turn out like their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Everyone is entitled to express their opinions publicly if they wish, but what people are not entitled to, is protection or exemption from the social/financial sanctions that other individuals who find those opinions abhorrent/offensive may place on them as a consequence if they choose to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Please tell me what your semblance of normality is

A mother and father,aged between 25-40 for a married couple with 2 kids.

Now you explain why you brought in adopted kids into the equation when both of theirs were born by surrogates?
    Why did you mention Heroin adicts and alcoholics like those are the only choices?

Do you consider it wise to become a first time parent at 63 and second time parent at 66?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Electric Boobs

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Everyone is entitled to express their opinions publicly if they wish, but what people are not entitled to, is protection or exemption from the social/financial sanctions that other individuals who find those opinions abhorrent/offensive may place on them as a consequence if they choose to do so.
    Yeah, I really liked that 'Sweat it Out' song from his 1992 album, The One. There's a completely different feel to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I'm going back to lurk on the IRA versus ISIS thread. This is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How do you find a thread like this after a month and what the hell were you searching for to get there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Electric Boobs

How do you find a thread like this after a month and what the hell were you searching for to get there?
    Maybe because it was in my subscriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭AlphaRed

Have any of you been following the Elton John & David Furnish verus Dolce & Gabbana furore?

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/15/elton-john-boycott-dolce-gabbana-synthetic-ivf-babies-comment

What are your thoughts?

I personally am firmly in the Elton John & David Furnish camp. They are proud parents to two little boys, who will have the most wonderful life, and will be afforded the best opportunities in life from having two loving parents. Sex of either parents irrelevant.

Bill Maher had something funny to say about it. Oh and I support them too (JUST SO MY THREAD DOESN'T GET LOCKED LOL)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Not a Bill Maher fan but that was actually pretty funny.

Advertisement