Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He's getting $60k supposedly for this event, when money's that easy why not set up the next couple of generations for your family

• Registered Users Posts: 60,389 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yes but Taker has been earning big money for 3 decades at this stage. He's an older experienced guy and has been involved in the Real Estate business for yrs. Big level stuff too, High Rise Apartments, Office blocks etc.

I just don't see somebody like him ever struggling unless he suffers some sort of catastrophic financial failure.

Trump went bankrupt many times with his empires and a couple of times personally.

It's easy to lose your shirt playing with property.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

$150 for a photo with him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Trump went bankrupt many times with his empires and a couple of times personally.

Well Trump isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed to be honest. I'd like to think Taker would be wiser with whatever money he's made over the course of his career.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well Trump isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed to be honest. I'd like to think Taker would be wiser with whatever money he's made over the course of his career.

Just look at this country 20 years and see all the lads that invested in property that ended up getting badly stung.

The property market at anytime can send people belly up.

Fair play to Taker if he can get people to pay that much money for a picture and autograph but that price won't last long if he is now just shilling himself for the dollar so he might as well get when he can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I really don't understand how they can get away with charging that price for a photo and who in their right mind would pay that much for a picture... in fact me, the idea of paying for a picture at all isn't appealing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well Trump isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed to be honest.

He's the President of the United States. Yeah, he must be really thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

But look where Trump is now.

A real man will aways get back on the horse and try gain.

Taker is like this, an Alpha male, he led the WWE locker room for years.

Men who have that drive, charisma and determination will always wind up on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Lads how can anyone know how good Taker is or isn’t with money? Come on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

He's getting $60k supposedly for this event, when money's that easy why not set up the next couple of generations for your family

whats 60k for a fella with his millions supposedly.

Wouldnt be surprised if he needs the money, hes probably well off but highly geared, lots of out goings, ex wife, current wife to cater for etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It's silly to be speculating about the Undertaker's finances. How can anyone know the truth to that unless they were a close friend or a family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

leggo wrote: »

I'd say he's loaded since the dead f*cker never sold a thing in his life.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'd say he's loaded since the dead f*cker never sold a thing in his life.

He sold a few properties in his time :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Corey Graves wife seems to be having s bit of a meltdown st the moment, and has said he’s sleeping with Carmella.

Just saw that on Reddit. Instagram post on it...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt9aLLDnWts/

Why bring this type of thing on to social media? Dirt from Graves though (and Carmella, she's no better if this all true).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The next picture also shows some fairly depressing texts from graves

Let’s see how the WWE respond the guy is obviously suffering and needs help.

How much down time off do the employees of the WWE actually get in a 52 week year.

Take Michael Cole how many Monday Night RAW’s has he actually missed in the last two decades since he started.

When was the last time he actually had a two week holiday off away from the WWE.

Yes they get well compensated financially but is their mental health needs lookeing after as well by giving them time off to de stress and relax.

So WWE will sue her for him fúcking behind her back? Bold strategy, Graves, lets see how it pays off...

Dzj-04NXQAAvPKt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

How much down time off do the employees of the WWE actually get in a 52 week year.
    Take Michael Cole how many Monday Night RAW's has he actually missed in the last two decades since he started.

Somehow I can't see Michael Cole losing the run of himself & riding women unknownst to his wife.
    He does commentary so I doubt he's any busier than any on screen talent who are doing house shows & working matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    So WWE will sue her for him fúcking behind her back? Bold strategy, Graves, lets see how it pays off...

Dzj-04NXQAAvPKt.jpg

IF WWE's lawyers have any sense between them, they'll **** him out of it, and tell him to fight his own battles.

• Advertisement

I hate how things have just gone south for him the last while

When he first started commentated on NXT, and on the main roster, he was damn good and he could have been the voice of a generation, the fact he was on SD and Raw shows how highly thought of he was

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I hate how things have just gone south for him the last while

When he first started commentated on NXT, and on the main roster, he was damn good and he could have been the voice of a generation, the fact he was on SD and Raw shows how highly thought of he was

That's got to burn you out froma travel perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

As someone said those texts are depressing he doesn’t seem in a good place. Affairs probably happen all the time when they’re all on the road together for so much of the year but it’s sadder when there are kids involved.

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's got to burn you out froma travel perspective

Compared to the full time guys would it really? There's obviously a good bit of prep involved and Graves is usually very clued in to what's happening

He doesn't do the live events like the wrestling talent would be, so his travel wouldn't be extreme compared to the guys wrestling 4/5 nights a week and how taxing that is on the body too, he's on the road 3 days a week at most surely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

leggo wrote: »

I can't attest to the veracity of his statement, but Meltzer mentioned that he is not as well off as one would think and he had some bad investments. I would assume that is second or third hand knowledge, but equally it would not surprise me if there were at least ***something*** in that given how he's totally dropped the protection of the character and is doing these tours now.

On the Graves stuff, I believe he had substance issues in his past and obviously he had to retire owing to head injuries. Suspect he could use some down time. I know he has been a c*nt on social media, but people respond differently to extreme pressures. Guy may need legitimate help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Threatening her with being sued is pretty lowest of the low given what he has allegedly done.

Mental health struggles are not an excuse for being a POS. I think a lot of people in the same boat would agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,629 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I didn't know why Carmella is trending on twitter this morning but I do now. As other have said some of his tweets recently have been a bit strange, but if this is true and his wife must have been fairly sure it is to post it online, then both Carmella and Corey graves are as bad as each other. I know this stuff has happened in wrestling for decades but it's still not okay. So the Carmella and Naomi pod in the chamber will still open yeah ?

I don't think the company tends to get heavily involved when it comes to personal relationships. When news of Bray Wyatt's split with his wife owing to his affair with Jojo broke, I don't remember there being any consequences. My take is that it's a deplorable thing for a married man with kids to do, but I don't think it should affect either of them professionally unless it impacts on their behaviour /performance at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I wouldn't expect the company to get involved TBH because it's one of those things where they can't cast stones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement