Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hideo Itami/KENTA has requested and been granted his release.

Crazy to think of that finns nxt title win was supposed to be him and how different everything could have been if he didnt have that horrible injury/bad recovery from it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

sky88 wrote: »
    Crazy to think of that finns nxt title win was supposed to be him and how different everything could have been if he didnt have that horrible injury/bad recovery from it

Never heard this.

That spell of injuries really did him in. He has not been the same performer and he's never had the same confidence or conviction. Hopefully he will thrive and find something he's lost on the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hideo Itami/KENTA has requested and been granted his release.
    Seen that. AEW could have some roster yet...

He's better off out of WWE frankly. He never had a chance there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Going back to Japan apparently, his wife was unhappy in the US.

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I don't think that's fair, if the inference is that they never gave him a chance. They really tried with him in NXT. First, the injuries curtailed him when he was neck and neck with Balor - they teamed up at points. Then, on his return he quickly got reinjured. Even still, they persisted with him in a Takeover main event against Roode. The harsh reality is that he never got *that* over with the NXT crowd. Whereas the likes of Roode, Zayn, Balor, Nakamura at least had that going for them when they were brought up, he didn't. I think all involved recognised that the injuries had lessened him and his lack of confidence had made him worse still. To be honest, I think they should have cut him rather than brought him to 205 Live. There just wasn't much there. Suspect they only brought him up as they felt they owed him given he put 3 years in NXT.

He may have a renaissance on the independent scene, but this is one where circumstances and the performer are more culpable than the company - and I say that as someone who thinks 95% of NXT call ups who fail on the main roster are based on the company.

If you just meant he had no chance of getting over with his size, work, look and promos as they were, well yeah, I'd largely agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

he was only really developing a character now, which was the same as the one he started developing at the end of his NXT appearances.
    Out of the male Japanese wrestlers, I find the most enjoyable to be Akira Tozawa. He also has better English than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

KENTA was always going to struggle when he wasn't allowed to use his own move set because Punk and Bryan had taken them for themselves before he joined the WWE.

Hopefully he made some money out of his stay with the WWE that it was worth it to him.

He used the GTS, until he splattered Kendrick's nose all over his face.
    itami-kendrick-gts.gif?w=650

I hate to state the obvious but having the running knee in his arsenal would not have had an appreciable impact on his career trajectory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

All the Asian wrestlers in the wwe have been massive failures except perhaps Aska. Lack of English is the major problem, they just can't connect with the general audience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ricero wrote: »
    All the Asian wrestlers in the wwe have been massive failures except perhaps Aska. Lack of English is the major problem, they just can't connect with the general audience.

Nah, it’s not an “Asian” problem. You can count on one hand the wrestlers who genuinely connect. The English doesn’t help, but it’s not the massive problem. The problem is WWEs ****ty writing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I'd argue Naka's heel turn would have been perfect had they ran with it but instead they persisted with keeping the title on AJ. The crowd was really into Naka's heel work but they killed him by having him repeatedly lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I'd argue Naka's heel turn would have been perfect had they ran with it but instead they persisted with keeping the title on AJ. The crowd was really into Naka's heel work but they killed him by having him repeatedly lose.

Tajiri was the man!!!!

Watching the Io/Kairi tag team match from Takeover here, they are certainly having no problems connecting with the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/02/nia-jax-and-r-truth-reportedly-have-legitimate-heat-after-650479/

reports coming out today of real heat on Nia after she apparenty injured truth at the rumble. she's a total pothole isn't she?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TimesArrow wrote: »
      https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/02/nia-jax-and-r-truth-reportedly-have-legitimate-heat-after-650479/

reports coming out today of real heat on Nia after she apparenty injured truth at the rumble. she's a total pothole isn't she?

I saw that. I'm sure she's a nice person outside the ring but doing the spot she was asked to do should be easy, and she appears to have messed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't believe that for a second. Just Lawler trolling the internet, I think.

The spot looked totally normal and harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
      I don't believe that for a second. Just Lawler trolling the internet, I think.

The spot looked totally normal and harmless.

Sure Truth looked fine days later.

Cant imagine many men on the roster who would own up to be hurt from a woman.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I will say, for those brief moments in the Rumble - I was more interested in Orton than I have been in years. :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like AEW might have secured the Lucha Bros? Great get if they have, really looking forward to their match against the Hart Foundation tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looks like AEW might have secured the Lucha Bros? Great get if they have, really looking forward to their match against the Hart Foundation tonight.

It's startling how bare the US independent scene would be right now if companies stop working with each other. The likes of PWG which used to be the hotbed for unsigned talent probably couldn't run a show.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
      It's startling how bare the US independent scene would be right now if companies stop working with each other. The likes of PWG which used to be the hotbed for unsigned talent probably couldn't run a show.

Yeh hopefully they continue to work together for the most part, makes for some great shows! Tonight should be good, wonder who Pillman and Dreamer's mystery partners will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/status/1089650261226704896?s=21

Time away from the ring certainly agrees with Matt hardy. He looks like he's gone back to before his fat hardy era.

Seth Rollins has picked up an injury and is expected to be sidelined for a month. He won’t be on TV this week, but will after that through his injury.

Per John Pollock or PostWrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Seth Rollins has picked up an injury and is expected to be sidelined for a month. He won’t be on TV this week, but will after that through his injury.

My guess is that its a work to sell his injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I'd say it's more of a minor injury and a chance for him to rest up ahead of what should be his crowning moment at WrestleMania. Perfect opportunity for WWE to have him do pre-tapes and video packages and build up Rollins heading into WM.

A commercial aired during tonight's RAW in Canada for the upcoming RAW taping in Montreal on April 15th. The promo said that "the first international Superstar Shakeup" will occur at the show.

The Shakeup will continue the following night on SmackDown, which will also take place in Montreal.

Meltzer confirmed the Rollins injury on WOR. It's a back problem that just needs resting so will be on Raws over next month but not wrestling, and will likely sit out house shows.

AJ is dealing with a hernia - he's dealt with this several times so don't know the severity.

Also mentioned the main event of Wrestlemania is still scheduled to be a 3 way and the original plan was for Becky to go over (think we all know that *could* change)

Fox head of tv I think saying there could be other wwe programming I wonder if it’s a round up kinda shows or nxt

https://twitter.com/chrishayner/status/1093232278191259648?s=21

Fox head of tv I think saying there could be other wwe programming I wonder if it’s a round up kinda shows or nxt

https://twitter.com/chrishayner/status/1093232278191259648?s=21

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Could NXT become the third brand with a Tuesday showing around the same time as AEW. With the money WWE have they could afford to pay the likes of the six lads that did Half-time Heat extra money to remain on NXT as star names for a little longer.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement