Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are STOWA expected shipping times accurate?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭893bet

I like the fact that you can engrave the rotors etc.

5 years married next year so might put in a request!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

893bet wrote: »
    Look at the bright side! Your second hand watch is now worth a little more than you paid for it!

exactly....I was looking back in Fields window recently and a watch I bought back in 2012 is now about 25% more than the RRP back then

I believe its recent too, must be the CHF-EUR exchange rate having a big effect on prices?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That, and they're just charging what people will pay.

There's a lovely looking MO going for £600 on TZ-UK if anyone wants me to dig out the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Eoin wrote: »
    That, and they're just charging what people will pay.

There's a lovely looking MO going for £600 on TZ-UK if anyone wants me to dig out the link.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?334078-FS-Stowa-Marine-Original-NOW-%A3600

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It's purdy

XKA59sfh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Now is definitely not the time to be looking at beautiful new watches! Hah! On another note, need to think about getting new shirts now. Some of my cuffs are too tight to slip over my new watch. Something has to go... and it's not going to be the watch!

The Marine Originals are nice, but I was looking for the Marine A10 with the SS dial and grey croco strap.

If you are after some smart shirts, you cant go far wrong with Olymp. I get all mine there and the Level 5 range is a nice tailored fit
    http://www.olympdirect.com/

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    The Marine Originals are nice, but I was looking for the Marine A10 with the SS dial and grey croco strap.

If you are after some smart shirts, you cant go far wrong with Olymp. I get all mine there and the Level 5 range is a nice tailored fit
    http://www.olympdirect.com/

Cheers for that Lex. Go into TMLewin to get mine. Will definitely check out Olymp.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Cheers for that Lex. Go into TMLewin to get mine. Will definitely check out Olymp.

Check out shirts by hand. Completely tailored for you for 69 quid delivered. I got an extra couple of cm on the cuff so one of my larger watches could fit under it.

kJ8OOtw.jpg?1

• Advertisement

The more I look at that MO, the more I am starting to like it...
    The MA is just shading it for me without the date as I'm looking for something with a very sterile dial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Keeping the Stowa pics going...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    The more I look at that MO, the more I am starting to like it...
    The MA is just shading it for me without the date as I'm looking for something with a very sterile dial

MO for me... must pick up a couple of straps for it, as it can be very versatile. Got the brushed case with onion crown.

zter1f.jpg

iml4cm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Ive been on the fence with Stowa Marine's for ages. Only recently Figured out why. In all the pictures the dial looks "plastic'y", in my opinion. It looks like the lorus lumbrite dialls look during the day.

On a watch of this styling and quality i really think that dial should be enamel.
    Beautiful watch but thats what prevented me pulling the trigger.

partitio however, well...best just wait for the pics!

Advertisement