Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 3rd April

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

lanomist wrote: »
    My Grandfather always said it was a sad day when the British pulled out.

We wouldn't be in the mess we are in now, if we had stayed. Dublin was the second city in the empire after London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Berserker wrote: »
    We wouldn't be in the mess we are in now, if we had stayed. Dublin was the second city in the empire after London.

You would probably be a completely different person, yours, nor my parents would not have met and there would be no Ireland. I would prefer my own identity and my own heritage now as it is in hindsight. Breaking away from Britain didn't land us in this particular recession, events and mistakes in between did.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭marbless

Disgraceful that 3 of the 1916 panelists were edited out of the segment recorded on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'm pretty sure you guys will be able to find a politics thread somewhere else on Boards to have your little disagreements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

The six nations tubs they don't even play our anthem at half the Oirish games you gobsheen

why would they you clown, it is an island team not Irish republic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

No it wasn't. And we'd be as poor as wales if we stayed in unless you think the british would have run the IDA to attract business to ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

Yep, this isn't really a discussion. They need some who were opposed to it. My gran, if she was alive would be perfect. Hated Dev and used to play 'God save the King' before heading off to service.

Unlike you my people have never bowed to English kings, only Gaelic nobles, your granny should have just moved up to East Belfast

I have a feeling Berserker is trolling...................

Coolhull, people are just chatting about topics that were on the LLS last night. Noone asked anyone to set up a Gatric Band seperate thread, did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I have a feeling Berserker is trolling...................

Coolhull, people are just chatting about topics that were on the LLS last night. Noone asked anyone to set up a Gatric Band seperate thread, did they?
    I accept that, Chester, but this is usually a light-hearted thread, and the last number of posts are taking on an unnessary hue, with nasty little cuts and digs about political allegiances. As I said, there are other threads to cover those issues.

coolhull wrote: »
    I accept that, Chester, but this is usually a light-hearted thread, and the last number of posts are taking on an unnessary hue, with nasty little cuts and digs about political allegiances. As I said, there are other threads to cover those issues.

It doesn't always have to be a thread on childish comments on the presenters interviewing skills or the fact there is a "misery slot". I love the humour also but if there is a topic on, people have every right to discuss it. I agree though, there has been some silly digs thrown for the sake of it.

The comment about the paying of "GSTQ" was both needless and aimed to be controversial and provocative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

That cheered me up, as David o Doherty is in Dictionary Corner & was asked what his favourite Irish phrase is
    'Stick it up yer bollocks' in reference to Roy to Mick McCarthy in Saipan

Saw that the other week. Very funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

That nate Kelly must have his parents doing his twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Story with SNS thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Advertisement