Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Did Cash or Casualty win?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

cheers sdoc13 for cash or casualty yeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Did Cash or Casualty win?

booommmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Thanks for the Tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I have followed PC on Tenor. into 10s now I see.

One other one that stands out to me as been well handicapped is Cash or Casualty in the 3.55 Cork.

Conditions and distance perfect. Has won off marks of 85 and 79 most recently in sept 2013. Has form on the course when finishing 3rd around this time last year off a mark of 77, Runs off 58 tomorrow and if fit should run well. 14/1 seems reasonable to me. 3 pts win.

I will give thst a little BOOM lads. Really fancied it if I new it was fit would have been a max bet.

Great to see some of u get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭oldfella

cheers for the tip ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I have followed PC on Tenor. into 10s now I see.

One other one that stands out to me as been well handicapped is Cash or Casualty in the 3.55 Cork.

Conditions and distance perfect. Has won off marks of 85 and 79 most recently in sept 2013. Has form on the course when finishing 3rd around this time last year off a mark of 77, Runs off 58 tomorrow and if fit should run well. 14/1 seems reasonable to me. 3 pts win.
    Great minds and all that. Already backed him
    BumperD wrote: »
    Cash or Casualty does look very well handicapped. Fitness my only concern but its a bit of a long round trip for the trainer just for a gallop so I hope he's ready .I'm following you two.

Would never have looked at him but for sdoc13 & pc. Love it when a plan comes together. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Doc for future it's very rare English sends out an unfit horse he's one of the ones I'd put faith in backing even after a break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

gazza1 wrote: »
    I backed NOW LET GO 5.45 carlisle last night at 7/4 pp for crawford and is 11/10 now.
    hopefully he does the biz
    gl

That will do nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Doc for future it's very rare English sends out an unfit horse he's one of the ones I'd put faith in backing even after a break

Cheers PC will take note of that would have been 5 pts win if I was confident in the fitness. Still good return. Had another .5 pts today at the 16s as well so delighted.

One other horse that looks well handicapped from that race is Prince Jock. Needs Gd ground though. Have put it in the tracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Another one of Aidan's hot pots beaten out of sight in the maiden, when will people learn. A horse who went off 3/1 for the racing post trophy was beaten about 20 lengths at the curragh last week in a maiden. Absolute lunatics backing them this early or just clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

jimjamcos wrote: »
    In fairness, most of AOB's have been drifting massively as everyone knows they need the first run. The Warrior drifted like a barge last Sunday but still won so highly doubt there's anything corrupt in it.
    The favourite goes to being the absolute outsider before the off - very rare you see that kind of drift on a horse. But you're right, Aidan O'Brien's stable is beyond reproach, i if anything I should be banned for raising such a prestigious character in Irish racing into disrepute. There is absolutely no way that certain folks knew this one had no chance and laid it to be the outsider in this race :P

FYI - I had no pony in that race, was just watching for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Another one of Aidan's hot pots beaten out of sight in the maiden, when will people learn. A horse who went off 3/1 for the racing post trophy was beaten about 20 lengths at the curragh last week in a maiden. Absolute lunatics backing them this early or just clueless

Beyond bonkers. AOB currently has the strong fav for 2000 Guineas and Derby, Gleneagles - beaten 4th at 11/8 on debut and JFK - beaten 2nd at 8/11 on debut. Even if they're potential stars (Australia beaten in his maiden too) they will never be trained to win fto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

The favourite goes to being the absolute outsider before the off - very rare you see that kind of drift on a horse. But you're right, Aidan O'Brien's stable is beyond reproach, i if anything I should be banned for raising such a prestigious character in Irish racing into disrepute. There is absolutely no way that certain folks knew this one had no chance and laid it to be the outsider in this race :P

FYI - I had no pony in that race, was just watching for today.

Do you honestly believe that Ballydoyle/Coolmore, or anyone associated with them have anything to gain from a horse drifting? As I said, The Warrior opened at 5/4 last Saturday night, drifted like a barge on Sunday, touching 3/1 before winning cozily at 11/4. Having run credibly in a Dewhurst it was clearly assumed, like the rest, that he'd need the run. Nothing wrong with that IMO. As PC has said, up to punters to have enough cop-on to leave them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Do you honestly believe that Ballydoyle/Coolmore, or anyone associated with them have anything to gain from a horse drifting?
    The immediate connections (O'Brien, Magnier, Tabor, etc.) - no.

Work riders, stable staff, hanger's on - yes. It's the second lot who are backing/laying O'Brien's horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

The immediate connections (O'Brien, Magnier, Tabor, etc.) - no.

Work riders, stable staff, hanger's on - yes. It's the second lot who are backing/laying O'Brien's horses.

I doubt it to be honest. Everybody and their dog knows that O'brien struggles to get winners for the first few weeks of the season. They are an easy lay for anybody really, its the same every year. The bookies price them up at miserable odds first show, like all of his horses, but then the regular layers push the price out.

The corruption angle is the exciting idea but its really not that interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kccfc

Heard word for beach action 4:30 musselburgh tomorrowðŸ‘Â

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I've always hated Musselburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 njcarkery

anyone fancy sir ector 3-55 fairyhouse monday

Advertisement