Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends on boards - have they transcended this?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

By we, I mean someone else that isn't me, of course.

I'll bring you for a juice if you shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

What happened??
    It goes weird in there at times
    Nuri Sahin just reported some facts about his time on Boards . Some people got overly sensitive & probably reported it. Ppl that love giving abuse but can't take it. Basically the Soccer forum is corrupt too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

MD1990 wrote: »
    Basically the Soccer forum is corrupt too.

The Soccer forum is a pox.

Nuri Sahin just reported some facts about his time on Boards . Some people got overly sensitive & probably reported it. Ppl that love giving abuse but can't take it. Basically the Soccer forum is corrupt too.

Haha yeah reported it from reddit to the mods of boards.

It's a perfect example of someone taking these forums far too seriously. It's scary the lengths people go to here. It puts people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

the Soccer forum is corrupt too.

Full of twats, more like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Haha yeah reported it from reddit to the mods of boards.

It's a perfect example of someone taking these forums far too seriously. It's scary the lengths people go to here. It puts people off.

I had to pull this up given your posts in the thread and for the fact that I follow Nuri on Twitter too.

I have not commented on his ban on here before. But I read what he had to say in his blog piece and given what he said in that and on Twitter before, given the proof he had on you and others. People should thread cautiously as to what you say of him. I have no reason to doubt Nuri honestly, especially since he's always been helpful as a poster and moderator, and outside of Boards be it Twitter or online gaming, even in person too. Anyone who has met him or talked to him online will vouch for that.

I know he's genuinely happy to be away from Boards now as that final year weighed him down and that was evident in his tone of voice let alone posts, but nonetheless, it's a shame a good poster is gone because others took things far seriously before he ever did. And for what? Referring to people as a troll or an idiot, or complaining about incompetent moderating really offend others here that much? But I guess hounding him, insulting him and his family away from here on other websites, and catfishing I think it is called is deemed okay if others have an axe to grind. Some of his infractions looked a joke too, and he gave ample reasons for that too. I don't think it's a rant. If it were, he'd have posted his thoughts right away, but he took his time. He wanted to be factually correct and back up all his points.

If he took the forum seriously towards the end of his time on Boards which he probably did he'd admit, then you amongst a dozen others did the exact same thing to him. From the looks of things, some people here made it personal and he got dragged down and overwhelmed. But I admire your determination to play it off as a crazy guy who cared too much about an online forum, that is smart ploy. It's like a company who has gone through a PR disaster and is on the ultra defensive now to salvage things.

He did the right thing, by answering the questions in detail about his permaban that he had received for the last year, and posting it on Reddit forced some people out on Reddit and Twitter who were still following him despite him being gone from Boards for a long time now just to abuse him again. He has said himself, he doesn't care for support, he just wanted people to know in general and stop asking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Soby wrote: »
    I had to pull this up given your posts in the thread and for the fact that I follow Nuri on Twitter too.

I have not commented on his ban on here before. But I read what he had to say in his blog piece and given what he said in that and on Twitter before, given the proof he had on you and others. People should thread cautiously as to what you say of him. I have no reason to doubt Nuri honestly, especially since he's always been helpful as a poster and moderator, and outside of Boards be it Twitter or online gaming, even in person too. Anyone who has met him or talked to him online will vouch for that.

I know he's genuinely happy to be away from Boards now as that final year weighed him down and that was evident in his tone of voice let alone posts, but nonetheless, it's a shame a good poster is gone because others took things far seriously before he ever did. And for what? Referring to people as a troll or an idiot, or complaining about incompetent moderating really offend others here that much? But I guess hounding him, insulting him and his family away from here on other websites, and catfishing I think it is called is deemed okay if others have an axe to grind. Some of his infractions looked a joke too, and he gave ample reasons for that too. I don't think it's a rant. If it were, he'd have posted his thoughts right away, but he took his time. He wanted to be factually correct and back up all his points.

If he took the forum seriously towards the end of his time on Boards which he probably did he'd admit, then you amongst a dozen others did the exact same thing to him. From the looks of things, some people here made it personal and he got dragged down and overwhelmed. But I admire your determination to play it off as a crazy guy who cared too much about an online forum, that is smart ploy. It's like a company who has gone through a PR disaster and is on the ultra defensive now to salvage things.

He did the right thing, by answering the questions in detail about his permaban that he had received for the last year, and posting it on Reddit forced some people out on Reddit and Twitter who were still following him despite him being gone from Boards for a long time now just to abuse him again. He has said himself, he doesn't care for support, he just wanted people to know in general and stop asking him.

Lads, it's an internet forum. You'd swear he was raped or something.

Hahaha ****ing lol.

He is a narcissistic tool. I don't give a **** about him.

Anyone who has to write a blog on twitter about being banned and then another one 10 months later is an absolute lunatic and then posting screen shots of someone talking to their girlfriend that they hacked. No matter who he is,that's ****ing cray cray and absolute scumbag behaviour.

Haha I should be careful about why I say about him?? You don't even know my name, even if you do, what ye gonna do? Post mean things about me? Thank mean posts about me? Tell my mammy I'm being mean on the internet. 1v1 me in real life?

Right. Gwan away and grow up the lot of ye.

Immature children.

I love the responses from everyone. That's the best bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Friends on boards - have they transcended this? Yes; it appears from the above that they are now enemies.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Friends on boards - have they transcended this? Yes; it appears from the above that they are now enemies.

You'll never be my enemy, Earthhorse. :) Or friend.

How about acquaintance? Lover?

How about acquaintance? Lover?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Out of curiosity, I googled what he'd posted on Reddit just to see what the fuss was; it reminds me of the Father Ted Christmas special, where Ted does the award speech - naming every person he's ever had minor reason to dislike.

Video is like the Village People taken to extremes.

Candie wrote: »
    Video is like the Village People taken to extremes.

It's pretty randome alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Out of curiosity, I googled what he'd posted on Reddit just to see what the fuss was; it reminds me of the Father Ted Christmas special, where Ted does the award speech - naming every person he's ever had minor reason to dislike.

As football fanatics, they probably need to actually start attending games in order to stop them obsessing so much on the net in their spare time.

• Advertisement

anncoates wrote: »
    As football fanatics, they probably need to actually start attending games in order to stop them obsessing so much on the net in their spare time.

What are you on about, sure don't they fly over to Manchester every month?

Seriously though, this hijacking of an AH thread by Soccer regulars to revel in the breakdown of a seemingly "not well" former poster is pretty tasteless. It doesn't reflect well on their forum, to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Please don't discuss banned users, lets get back on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

and Snyper, a thick bogger and FF supporter but sound enough too and always a pleasure to hook up with (he's also a big bastard)..

Snyper said he was rather content with having a semi reformed Junkie in his contacts list. It looks well on his CV when going for jobs. Shows his tolerant character

Snyper said he was rather content with having a semi reformed Junkie in his contacts list. It looks well on his CV when going for jobs. Shows his tolerant character

Giving back to the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Met a bunch of people from boards and a lot of them I am still in touch with, a few were a little bit more than friends and some sent me nudey pics but hey you have to have a laugh :)

Definitely some nice people on here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Some really nice people on this site. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Some really nice people on this site. <3

True. Some awful bloody manipulative self obsessed dumb horrors too though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Menas wrote: »
    True. Some awful bloody manipulative self obsessed dumb horrors too though!

Well, the ones I have met and talk with are all lovely.

I tend to ignore the mean, horrible ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm in Cork.... so no... I reckon I'd be shunned by the select few who probably wouldn't want to either beat me with Hurleys or something

Advertisement