Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 03.04.15

Options
  • 31-03-2015 11:47am

I see Don't Be is running in the first in Lingfield. 4/1 currently.
    He owes me nothing at this stage!

Edit: apologies. The clocks changing have me all over the place. It's Friday the 3rd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

3rd of April

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Few Points

1. Thursday isn't the 1st of April
    2. Lingfield isn't on this Thursday
    3. Racing is on this Friday the 3rd of April
    4. He's :rolleyes: running in The Fillies and Mares All Weather Championship Stakes.

Will be having a bet on her myself at 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jake Stiles

Cracking prize money on the card - Appleby is bound to have some winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Cracking prize money on the card - Appleby is sure to have some winners.

Nearly went through the card in the trial day a couple of weeks ago. Hes on a different planet this year

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Has Shalaman a chance at 20's ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Don't Be for me in the opener as well. This fillies and mares race is a whole lot less competitive than the race it ran in last time out where it was beaten by horses rated a stone better than it. The French horse is a bit of an unknown quantity, Khatiba has done nothing more, so that for me leaves Lamar as the big threat. 4/1 a decent price - do not think this is only the 4th best horse in the race.

Small bet on Captain Joy as well in the 3:15. Liking the fact that this horse has already won at Lingfield in the fast track qualifier very handily just a few months ago. Horse it goes against tomorrow are of better quality, but the manner of victory that time at Lingfield suggests to me that there is a little more to come and this could make all the difference tomorrow. 11/2 best price.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Are the Irish bookies shops open tomorrow? Thought they had to close good Friday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Closed tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Bayan running for Gordon Elliot in Musselburgh tomorrow, 4/1 is still a decent price for a horse so relatively unexposed on the flat.

Also think Rivellino has a great chance in the 2:10 Lingfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Don't Be for me in the opener as well. This fillies and mares race is a whole lot less competitive than the race it ran in last time out where it was beaten by horses rated a stone better than it. The French horse is a bit of an unknown quantity, Khatiba has done nothing more, so that for me leaves Lamar as the big threat. 4/1 a decent price - do not think this is only the 4th best horse in the race.

The french horse had Lamar 2l behind over 7f at deauville and was also beaten a neck by intransigent rated 107 so while ive backed Dont Be in every one of her races to date i think that form is too strong and will be on fresles.
    But if if fresles doesnt win i hope Dont Be does
    gl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Very good days racing at Lingfield and it's hard to get away from the horses near the top of the betting with all the races being condition races and some would be better treated in handicaps. Expect Appleby's two good things Pretend and Tryster to win if they avoid any trouble in running. He could pick up another couple of winners too. Really fancy Sovereign Debt he looks a class above these they were thinking of going for the Godolphin Mile but instead came here, the fact he was considered for that and his former form behind Farrh really make him a big fancy.

All Weather Champions Day Picks although pretty much of little value i'm finding it hard and really struggling to get away from most of the favs and I wouldn't be much of a fav backer:
    1-40 Fresles
    2-10 Pretend
    2-40 Lexington Times
    3-15 Sovereign Debt
    3-45 Tryster
    4-15 Portomento
    4-45 Hidden Gold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Very good days racing at Lingfield and it's hard to get away from the horses near the top of the betting with all the races being condition races and some would be better treated in handicaps. Expect Appleby's two good things Pretend and Tryster to win if they avoid any trouble in running. He could pick up another couple of winners too. Really fancy Sovereign Debt he looks a class above these they were thinking of going for the Godolphin Mile but instead came here, the fact he was considered for that and his former form behind Farrh really make him a big fancy.

All Weather Champions Day Picks although pretty much of little value i'm finding it hard and really struggling to get away from most of the favs and I wouldn't be much of a fav backer:
    1-40 Fresles
    2-10 Pretend
    2-40 Lexington Times
    3-15 Sovereign Debt
    3-45 Tryster
    4-15 Portomento
    4-45 Hidden Gold

Id go along with that. Probably wont have a bet but really couldn't go against the Godolphin horses, particularly Pretend and Tryster who have looked a cut above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

I strongly fancied Hidden Gold but the draw in stall 1 is a bit of a concern. Graham Lee said after he last win that the key to her is not bringing her in between horses as she needs her space so I'm slightly concerned she could get boxed in from the inside gate which could scupper her chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

If the legend says its hidden gold who are we to argue i will follow thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

Damn, I totally forgot it's Good Friday today. Wanted to have a bet and no money in my betfair account and no bookies open :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jake Stiles

Tempus Temporis for me. Won his fast track qualifier a few months ago and runs against horses in the same ownership but under the hands of John Gosden.

Looking forward to todays card - Musselburgh has some nice prize money on offer too.

rossom wrote: »
    I strongly fancied Hidden Gold but the draw in stall 1 is a bit of a concern. Graham Lee said after he last win that the key to her is not bringing her in between horses as she needs her space so I'm slightly concerned she could get boxed in from the inside gate which could scupper her chances.

Yeah I was listening to that yesterday, over nearly 2 miles i'd expect them to hold her up and just gradually get her on the outside of the pack and sling around the final turn on the outside. Hard to believe a draw over 2 miles would worry you especially a low one! Shes obviously a quirky type

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Fresles in the powerplay out to 4/1 not sure if price guaranteed on powerplays.

A horse in my tracker runs today Minionette for Alan Swinbank at Musselburgh today. Had 'wait for up in trip to 1m4f+' written beside it so today may not be the day as she goes up only a furlong. Off such a low mark she could have a couple of wins in there. 6/1 today is a little skinny so just going to have a little bet on her as she could have any amount of improvement in her as its only her 6th start.

EDIT: Ran a stinker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

mr.jingle wrote:
    A horse in my tracker runs today Minionette for Alan Swinbank at Musselburgh today. Had 'wait for up in trip to 1m4f+' written beside it so today may not be the day as she goes up only a furlong. Off such a low mark she could have a couple of wins in there. 6/1 today is a little skinny so just going to have a little bet on her as she could have any amount of improvement in her as its only her 6th start.

Speaking of trackers, my one is gone,or doesn't work anymore! :(
    Any app that I could download that works? cheers!

Speaking of trackers, my one is gone,or doesn't work anymore! :(
    Any app that I could download that works? cheers!

I just use the ATR one now, they can be late with their mails though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Some punt on Lamar

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracking run by the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Well in all with Fresles there in the firs.

Don't Be needed another few yards, likewise with Lamar, winner caught them a bit turning in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Good start to the day and very happy with 7/2. It was a great race. Now onto PRETEND
    gl

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Backed Pretend, Lexington Times, Tryster, Portamento and Anglophile. And Bayan in Musselburgh.

gazza1 wrote: »
    Good start to the day and very happy with 7/2. It was a great race. Now onto PRETEND
    gl

Pretend also for myself. Hard to oppose with that turn on foot when needed late on.

Well done winners, nice spot on the French horse.

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    Pretend also for myself. Hard to oppose with that turn on foot when needed late on.

:D

That was nice and easy!

Advertisement