Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Hotels - The biggest problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I also wish Irish hotels were dog friendly. I find it so difficult to find places that will take him. For info. most Hiltons take dogs.
    Definitely, in NL you can bring your dog almost everywhere... VERY few hotels in Ireland are dog friendly.

Sneem hotel in Kerry was very good though and lovely for the dog ;)

Yes it was the Belfast Hilton that we visited a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Pax House a gorgeous boutique hotel in Dingle welcome dogs. They even provide a turn down service at night for both humans and dogs:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Layinghen wrote: »
    Pax House a gorgeous boutique hotel in Dingle welcome dogs. They even provide a turn down service at night for both humans and dogs:)

I'll check it out!

Can you keep the dog with you and bring it in to the public areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I find the standard of Irish Hotels quite good compared to other countries.

There are a few issues that do annoy me however.

I find that soundproofing in some hotels can be very poor. You can often hear conversations (and more!!) from the next room or hear people going up and down the corridor. Seems to be more common in hotels that were built in the boom period.

I find in a lot of cases the standard of food is poor and quite expensive particularly if the hotel is a good distant from other dining options.

It also annoys me that some hotels do not allow guest of the hotel to book tables to eat in the bar and if you want to be ensured a seat you often have to go to the restaurant.

I hate hotels that allow kids be in the bar after half nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I'll check it out!

Can you keep the dog with you and bring it in to the public areas?

Outside your room you are asked to keep doggie on their lead and there is a most magnificent patio with beautiful seating and views where the dog is most welcome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement