Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 29th March

Options
  • 29-03-2015 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭

Curragh 4.55

Bold Thady Quill @ 33/1: 4th inthis race last year and was 3rd in it two years ago. He's getting on in age, hasn't won in two years and will likely find one or two too good, but given he's slightly better off at the weights from last year's renewal and shown highly consistent handicap form, I think he's worth a small ew bet, 5 places with Paddy Power.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Curragh 4.55

Bold Thady Quill @ 33/1: 4th inthis race last year and was 3rd in it two years ago. He's getting on in age, hasn't won in two years and will likely find one or two too good, but given he's slightly better off at the weights from last year's renewal and shown highly consistent handicap form, I think he's worth a small ew bet, 5 places with Paddy Power.

My thoughts exactly thought 33s was too big earlier and have had 1 pt ew. Think he will probably not ultimately win but should have a great shot at first 5 off 4 pounds lower rating than last year. Ultra consistent given his right conditions and deserves a big handicap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Curragh 4.55

Was looking at him myself but i'm gonna plump for Hasanour at 16/1. Has run well at the course and is a C&D, gradually improving year on year, down near the foot of the weights and Halford will have him primed for this, the only downside is the ground, hasn't ran well on ground this soft but willing to give him a chance at the price.

In the 4-20 I'll have a little each way nibble on Alcatraz 16/1 on his first handicap run. He is twice the price as Song of Love who has improved on the all weather earlier this year but hasn't much to find on a line through Arif. Alcatraz potentially better than this initial mark and was second albeit a long way behind Giovanni Canaletto he was clear of the rest. It's a tough race with a lot of potential improvers so minimum stakes

Over in Doncaster 3-20 I like the look of Basil Berry at 16/1 with PP. Thought he ran an eye catching race lto when 5th in a decent Wolverhampton HC and with the return to turf hopefully bringing out a little more improvement i'll take a chance on him too!

A nice each way Patent hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

Ascot first race special agent can break my bad spell

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Canary row at 16/18 in Lincoln for me , nice mark and if ready will be bang there

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Also sassaway at big price in 6f hcap for in form trainer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

2 of Stacks horses for me today with the rain coming.

Great Minds in the 3.10 @ 2/1 and onenightidreamed e/w @ 10/1 in the 4.55.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

shmeee wrote: »

Great Minds in the 3.10 @ 2/1

Last time Dashwood and Great Minds met the latter won by under a length. Today Dashwood has a big turnaround in the weights and despite being out of the handicap id much rather be on him at 14s than great minds at 2s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Remember free money, go against o'briens this early in the season. Jacobean should be opposed possibly by Oxx's

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Bebhinn reportedly fling at home and expected to go close, 2.10 Curragh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Backed Puffin Billy in the novice chase at Ascot, he promised so much more than he has delivered so far but the form of his earlier chase win here at Ascot looks strong, will be tough giving weight to Thomas Crapper but Puffin Billy seems to love it around Ascot. 9/4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Even though she seems a bit friendless in the market, going to go for Alive Alive Oh in the fillies listed race. At her best on heavy ground which should bring her stamina into play over this trip. She has been bit of a disappointing horse for one that promised so much as a 3 year old but she's been kept in training as a five year old and if she's going to win this year, it will probably early in the year before the ground firms up. But of a cliche and not sure if recent stats back it up but the conventional wisdom is that Stack's are usually plenty forward so taking a chance with her at 10/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Curragh 4.55

odds shortening.

Taking a chance on, Cheval Rouge ew @ 66/1

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Lets hope we all get a return on our bets. Its a dirty day out there :)))

Johner wrote: »
    Backed Puffin Billy in the novice chase at Ascot, he promised so much more than he has delivered so far but the form of his earlier chase win here at Ascot looks strong, will be tough giving weight to Thomas Crapper but Puffin Billy seems to love it around Ascot. 9/4.

Get in there, what a game performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Fantastic race, two absolute warriors. Puffin Billy showed toughness I didn't think he had

Fantastic race, two absolute warriors. Puffin Billy showed toughness I didn't think he had

Didn't think he had it either to be honest, once headed I thought it was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

special agent wins 7-4 short price a winners a winner the spell broken

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'll be your Clown 20-1 ew 4.55
    I like this. Its fittest should help.

100/1 winner on the opening day at the Curragh, the flat is back alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Anybody on Shane Foleys 100/1 winner there in the 3.45 Curragh

• Advertisement

If anyone says they are then the after timing war lords will beat them up with their imaginary docket

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

On him in the next looks like I backed him in the wrong race !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »

onenightidreamed e/w @ 10/1 in the 4.55.

Booooooooom!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

:eek:

A Marju Filly, he throws a lot of mudlarks, terrible time for the race (slow by 16.20s) and the draw seems to have played a part. She's being staying on well in her races, but you'd want to have been an aidankk to have picked her.

Surprising that he wasn't on her.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

The draw strikes again. Ashraf, Boherbuoy and Newberry New, drawn 1, 2, 3 come home in that order.

That was a very taking performance by Ashraf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

mr.jingle wrote: »
    100/1 winner on the opening day at the Curragh, the flat is back alright :)

Not sure the last time a 100/1 shot won a group race. Only other recent one I remember for sure was sole powers nunthorpe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Windsor Palace won a Grp 3 at 66/1 when Joesph fupped up on St Nicholas Abbey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

BumperD wrote: »
    Not sure the last time a 100/1 shot won a group race. Only other recent one I remember for sure was sole powers nunthorpe.

Were there two 100/1 shots 2nd and 3rd to Footstepsinthesand when he won the Guineas?

Was Glory Awaits 100/1 in Dawn Approach's Guineas win too?

I know they didn't win but they were all placed!

Advertisement