Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night Show, 28/03/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I really like this guy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Autism seems so common these days........is it something in what we eat or breathe or what? Or was it just undiagnosed years ago?

I think it's a case of better diagnostics, most cases of autism have a genetic component. The spectrum is a very broad one, from severe to high functioning/Aspergers Syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I often wonder about autism, is it something that can be "lessened" with treatment?

Anyway the man is obviously feeling quite awkward.

Oh god awkward re the Ministers!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Autism seems so common these days........is it something in what we eat or breathe or what? Or was it just undiagnosed years ago?

May not have been understood back in the day. It would be interesting to see what % of people in the third world have it to see if it's caused by environmental exposure or lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

What the f*ck just happened there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Ah Ffs Brendan. Really put him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    What the f*ck just happened there?

exactly I came on to comment about it as well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Why did Brendan stop him there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

From what I've read/heard about Autism, early diagnosis and intervention is crucial in allowing the child to reach their full potential

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I definitely cooked for this guy.

• Advertisement

Insinuating that many of our ministers are autistic, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭Poochie05

What the hell? He was really warming up there and Brendan broke the flow!

HE was having dinner with enda kenny and brendan cut him off, was that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Why did Brendan stop him there?? He's got nothing to lose. Ray Arsey can pick up the slack for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

So as not to be sued

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

I really want to know what he was going to say about the ministers

M

Why did Brendan stop him there?

Looked like a member of a large political party in the country has an autistic kid and Brendan didn't want him to name who it was which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

I think Brendan was afraid of another lawsuit, he thought Sean was going to diagnose some TDs as autistic from what I gathered

surprised that brendan cut him off. He hates fine gael.

Tigger99 wrote: »
    I often wonder about autism, is it something that can be "lessened" with treatment?

Anyway the man is obviously feeling quite awkward.

Oh god awkward re the Ministers!
    Early intervention/ regular access to therapies (speech and language, occupational therapy, play therapy) and appropriate educational services can yield great results when it comes to most disabilities.

• Advertisement

Looked like a member of a large political party in the country has an autistic kid and Brendan didn't want him to name who it was which is fair enough.

I thought he was going the genetic route. Many have autistic kids, therefore....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

It's interesting to note that there is a link between older fathers and children born with Autism (as well as ADHD and Bipolar disorder). He would have been in his early 40's when they had their son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

That interview lasted nearly 20 minutes.

Just saying. :o

His wife more or less living in New Jersey as his son attends a World Class Autism school, himself and his young daughter live in Kinsale and she's in the national school there, after years of this he realises it's an awful set up so they are all heading back to the States in a few months.

Incredibly wealthy and successful but how many families would even contemplate such a fecked up arrangement?

Why did Brendan stop him there?? He's got nothing to lose. Ray Arsey can pick up the slack for it.
    Yes, but the child he was going to speak about might.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I know James reily has an artistic child

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Speaking about government and told zip it..hmmm??

• Registered Users Posts: 71,795 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Sean making a quick exit there :D

M

Those curtains would certainly fit as a cover for my car, could possibly do my neighbours car too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

James Reilly's son is autistic.

Advertisement