Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Connacht, Sat 28 March 5:15pm; Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Never depend on another other provinces

Say what?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

What the hell, another gifted try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Looked fine to me.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think Connacht knocked this on first.

Edit: nope. looks ok I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

He he

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Game is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Nice work by Earls. Thoroughly deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Fecks ache... Got a bit shambolic towards the end didn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Zzippy wrote: »
    Say what?

Leinster need everyone above to lose cause we are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Drunk but connacht going for nearly 30 years loss away. Typical

You mad bro? :D

Great second half performance after a poor first half showing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Can't begrudge Earls that try at all.
    He had a great game.

The difference in the benches of both teams was very telling.

6th place will be difficult to attain now with the horrible run in Connchat have.

Edinburgh in the driving seat I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

If we don't improve hugely, our European Cup qualification hopes are over, the other Top 4 contenders will tear holes in us in the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

You mad bro? :D

Great second half performance after a poor first half showing.
    yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Well done to CJ, beast again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

6th place will be difficult to attain now with the horrible run in Connchat have.

Edinburgh in the driving seat I think

Scarlets likely have 6th in the bag barring major upset - they've got a much easier run in. It'll be tight for 7th... Better hope Ulster's erratic form do us a favour at home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

Indicators would have said result was likely. So Buckley was insanely good. Marmion was very disappointing. Jack was jack. Hadn't expected much but at least it confirms who is good and who is not. Masterson excellent. Buckley excellent. Finn did well. Toh didn't make a mistake. Wingers weren't involved. Did say on the Connacht thread that they wouldn't. Am I disappointed. Not really. Had hoped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

TOH certainly made mistakes. Off the top of my head he passed a ball into touch.

I'd like to think we can put out the strongest XV for the rest of the season, with three rest weeks over the next six weeks.

-- Rest week --
    Edinburgh (A)
    -- Rest week --
    Treviso (H)
    -- Rest week --
    Ulster (A)
    Dragons (H)
    Pro12 SF
    Pro12 Final

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I'd like to think we can put out the strongest XV for the rest of the season, with three rest weeks over the next six weeks.

-- Rest week --
    Edinburgh (A)
    -- Rest week --
    Treviso (H)
    -- Rest week --
    Ulster (A)
    Dragons (H)
    Pro12 SF
    Pro12 Final

A full strength Ulster versus a full strength Munster at the beginning of May could be a real humdinger!

Edinburgh's result today makes that match a humdinger as well. They have a great shot at 6th place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Munster showed serious class second half
    No complaints From this Connacht fan

Thought Carty had great first half..
    ..then around 55min mark he.kicked a penalty dead and was Munster from there on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Enjoyable game. Earls & Jones were both at fault for Nikora's try, but Earls had a very good game in general, but I'd have liked to see him in the centre to get on the ball more.

Not many players really stood out, we did struggle a small bit in the 1st half, were caught at the breakdown a lot. I thought John Ryan did well, as did Holland & DOC.

Good to get the BP win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mixed game, good few errors from both teams but Munster deserved their scores, used the wind advantage much better than Connacht.

JOD try looked on ok to me, pity it was called back.

Our backrow worked hard with ball in hand but we were generally poor at ruck time.

Hard to know about some of the penalties, must wait to see them on TV.

Earls showed some speed today and really one error and it gifted them a try. The bounce of a ball :mad:

phog wrote: »

Denis Buckley owned the breakdown in the first half. 4 turnovers credited to him.

Denis Buckley owned the breakdown in the first half. 4 turnovers credited to him.

I wasn't just referring to Buckley, he had a stormer, was also talking about some scrum penalties that went Munster's way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

phog wrote: »
    Mixed game, good few errors from both teams but Munster deserved their scores, used the wind advantage much better than Connacht.

JOD try looked on ok to me, pity it was called back.

Our backrow worked hard with ball in hand but we were generally poor at ruck time.

Earls showed some speed today and really one error and it gifted them a try. The bounce of a ball :mad:

Munster also dominated physically and upped their game in the second half when they got into the 22 whereas Connacht had a good few forays into the 22 but couldn't do the same. Another big difference was the quality at 10 - Keatley far superior to Carty.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Munster also dominated physically and upped their game in the second half when they got into the 22 whereas Connacht had a good few forays into the 22 but couldn't do the same. Another big difference was the quality at 10 - Keatley far superior to Carty.

Keatley was poor with kicking from hand, he had few decent kicks but in general he just handed the back to Connacht.

I thought Williams was the better of the scrumhalfs on show too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

As many know I have grown out of the being a jack supporter. That said I thought keatley was mediocre at best. Prior to 6 nations did have a think about options at 10 for Ireland. Jack may not be one but neither is ian

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

-- Rest week --
    Edinburgh (A)
    -- Rest week --
    Treviso (H)
    -- Rest week --
    Ulster (A)
    Dragons (H)
    Pro12 SF
    Pro12 Final

The next game is huge really a win away to Edinburgh would be most welcome. If we could swing a try bonus point there that would be fantastic! I'm sure Connacht will be cheering us on!

Would expect TBP wins over Treviso and Dragons to be honest and the game against Ulster to decide who finished top

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    The next game is huge really a win away to Edinburgh would be most welcome. If we could swing a try bonus point there that would be fantastic! I'm sure Connacht will be cheering us on!

Would expect TBP wins over Treviso and Dragons to be honest and the game against Ulster to decide who finished top

Edinburgh beat us in our first game of the season, we can't possibly leave Edinburgh without 4 points, easier said than done, they've beaten Glasgow & Ospreys and ran Ulster close so we're going to be in out top game there.

Last night was a mixed bag but once we got our act together we ran in 6 tries, not often we've done that.

Advertisement