Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Story In Irish Racing

Options
  • 26-03-2015 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Breaking tomorrow. At least that is what is rumored on NewsTalk radio. Read on another board that it might be Ted Walsh related.

Comments

Heard John Duggan on Matt Cooper. First time in a long time ill be watching the late late

• Registered Users Posts: 16,414 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ted Walsh in a bit of hot-water? Surely that couldn't be so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭fits

they've cloned shergar?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,414 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

fits wrote: »
    they've cloned shergar?
    More likely than Ted Walsh being involved in any wrong doing. The man is the white knight of Irish racing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Ruby retiring???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭the 12 th man

Ruby retiring???

With Rich Ricci around I'd say he'll hang on for a while but will get even more selective with his rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Ruby retiring???

It was portrayed on the radio more as a scandal than a sentimental piece. With the Turf Club meeting next Thursday about Foxrock, I'm guessing this is somebody's idea of a preemptive damage limitation exercise. Or IKEA cloned Shergar for it's meatballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Hope it's not drug related incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

So far we have ,Ruby's retiring because Ted sold Shergar to Ikea but
    Ted denies all memory of it saying he was on drugs .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Maybe Jim Culloty is packing it in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Maybe Jim Culloty is packing it in :)

More of a scandal if he says he's continuing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 waybuloo

Can anyone tell me what the big secret in horse racing is?seemingly it's shocking and will be revealed tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Hope its not drug related also. The fact that its being "revealed" at a certain time makes me think its a personal scandal, which is beyond irrelevant to a true fan in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

John duggan implied that there was plenty chatter on this at Cheltenham ... Does that fit the time frame of the turfclub announcing they are reinvestgating ted walsh and foxrock?

My money is on Ruby with marital difficulties, a filly and young foal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

It's hardly just about the jockey Ted Walsh gave a trial to recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

If it's on the Late Late Show I imagine it's a damage limitation exercise or else a PR stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Mick Fitzgerald on ATR happens to be a guy Nick Fitzgerald who has been pretending to know what he is talking about.

Sounds like they are giving whoever its about time to get a super injunction.

Heard nothing at Cheltenham unless Ruby did take a few quid to get Annie beat, big story, discussed at Chelt and involving Irish racing.

Reached out to a racing friend in Kildare and shes knows nothing and asked a friend who is a sports journo if he has heard, waiting for a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

From hearing the 'reactions' from Cheltenham, it all sounded a little put on, so I'm going to guess that its something for charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

To take a different tack, and as we're all just speculating here ............could this maybe be Ballydoyle related?

Aidan quitting to go back to the jumping game, possibly due to some sort of Joseph vs Coolmore rift??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Shemale wrote: »
    ...Heard nothing at Cheltenham unless Ruby did take a few quid to get Annie beat, big story, discussed at Chelt and involving Irish racing...
    Now that would be a shocker. I dismissed it at the time thinking there'd be easier and less dramatic ways to throw the race and I still think that... but maybe that's exactly why it was a good way to throw it.

Nah. Couldn't be... could it?!

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    To take a different tack, and as we're all just speculating here ............could this maybe be Ballydoyle related?

Aidan quitting to go back to the jumping game, possibly due to some sort of Joseph vs Coolmore rift??

The missus heard newstalk and said they had soundbytes from Mullins and Russell

Could be Culloty related, the way he went to ground since pointing the finger at Davy for LW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

GoodBridge wrote: »
    Now that would be a shocker. I dismissed it at the time thinking there'd be easier and less dramatic ways to throw the race and I still think that... but maybe that's exactly why it was a good way to throw it.

Nah. Couldn't be... could it?!

Anyone who thinks Ruby thrown the race hasn't a clue about racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Shemale wrote: »
    The missus heard newstalk and said they had soundbytes from Mullins and Russell

Could be Culloty related, the way he went to ground since pointing the finger at Davy for LW

Or another possibility - what connects Mullins and Davy? Gigginstown news?

Nuts102 wrote: »

Probably. I'm only a casual fan myself with only a bit of interest in the largest meetings (Cheltenham, Royal Ascot, Aintree, Leop at Christmas) and even I thought it was ridiculous.

Nuts102 wrote: »

Very unlikely but apparently its massive news and both said they wouldnt comment as nothing is proven of something aling those lines.

If its some bull**** marketing scheme I will go out of my way not to support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

So let me get this straight - someone is going on the Late Late to break some shocking news on Irish Horse racing? But we really haven't a clue what it is, who it is or what it is about? I know it...
    AP McCoy doesn't like being called Tony & is now cancelling his retirement until people get his name right

The way they've billed this reveal seems to me that it'll be something of a red-top kind of headline. i.e. involves some household name within the industry or some personal/doping/cheating/betting irregularity.

I can't really see it being just something that only racing enthusiasts would know or care about e.g. "Aidan quitting to go back to the jumping game". If it is, there'll be a lot people underwhelmed.

No word, if it was big thete has probably been a super injuction or its something ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

If it's going to be on TLL then it's defo gonna be a complete non story!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement