Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewfest vs. Franciscan Well

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

dregin wrote: »
    You're not able to get your hands on Farmaggedon stuff, by any chance??

Molloys in Dublin have it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

oblivious wrote: »
    Molloys in Dublin have it

Class! Any specific one or can I just wander down to the one at Crumlin Shopping Centre and expect em to have it. Cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Class! Any specific one or can I just wander down to the one at Crumlin Shopping Centre and expect em to have it. Cheers for the heads up!

They definitely have some in the one in Clondalkin, or at least they did last week.

At the Fran well now, I have never seen the place so busy, had to queue up to get in.

I was under the impression that ist should be at most, as long as stock lasted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

At the Fran well now, I have never seen the place so busy, had to queue up to get in.

It was the busiest one yet. I was there from about 2:30 and normally it's quiet enough until 6 but we had 6 o'clock crowds in the afternoon already. Incredible turnout yesterday. I left about 9 and there were queues outside because the place was at capacity so they could only let people in as people left.

The breweries should make a profit which is great for them. Even at events like this one where they have no stand fee, it can still be hard to turn a profit once accommodation and travel are taken in to account.

Weather is great today so hopefully there will be another good crowd. I got caught out last night heading for the 22:50 bus to Bandon only to discover in the small print that it only runs Monday to Friday? Last bus is 6:30 on Saturday? Madness! Luckily my mate in Bandon is a trucker so he called one of his mates who happened to be heading that way and I got a lift a few minutes later. Otherwise, I would have had to wait until 2am until he got back to Cork. Mad thing is, there's a 22:45 bus on Sundays, how does that make sense? Surely Saturday night should have better late bus options.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just home after spending yesterday in Cork. The Fran Well was fantastic. Amazing beers, lovely atmosphere, gorgeous pizza and a quality band at the end of the day in One Horse Pony.

We had tickets bought for the Brew Fest on Mac Curtain Street as well so went there for an hour too. It felt like wandering into Oxegen. A festival for beginners. Overpriced, disappointing range of beers (even from some great breweries) and more of a nightclub style atmosphere. Novelty hats should have been a clue of what to expect! Had one glass of beer/cider each and went back to the Well instead. Lesson learned.

Ooh novelty hats, sweet Jebues

• Registered Users Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

oblivious wrote: »
    Ooh novelty hats, sweet Jebues

I will always blame jamiroquai.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Fran Well festival was great.
    Unfortunately, didn't to spent a lot of time there, just about 2.5 hours on Sat nite.
    Place was jammed with a queue to get in around 6.45 on Sat, but no real hassle getting drink as no real queues at taps. Only trouble was getting around the place and deciding what to have!
    Such a selection of beers..incredible.

best for me was the Seaweed Saison and the UCC quad.
    Followed closely by; Chancer, Killarney Helles, and Sheep Stealer.
    Had Roaring Ruby and Sherkin Lass from West Cork, both decent preferred Ruby.
    Wasn't too impressed with Buck-It, Mine Head.

Great credit to everyone involved on making this such as success, especially when rival festival on also.
    I need to make sure I'm free to get to Fran Well next Easter Sat & Sun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement