Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much wednesday fun times

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

fizzypish wrote: »
    Went for grub with the missus last night.

Stayed out for a drink.

Some of her mates come along.

Next thing I know, tis gone 4 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Inspector Dhar

Spunge wrote: »
    Being paid by an employer and not working because you're hungover is more immoral than claiming the dole.

Did I read this post correctly????:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Why not just pull a sick day OP? Lots of people have colds and viruses at this time of the year anyway so nobody would even blink an eye. If you're Irresponsible enough to go on the lash on a Wednesday night, you may as well be irresponsible enough to miss work because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Spunge wrote: »
    Being paid by an employer and not working because you're hungover is more immoral than claiming the dole.

So basically it's not immoral at all?

Stupid post is very, very, vvvveeeerrryyy stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'd rather waste a day hungover in work than waste a days holidays hungover. As a person who goes in hungover one day most weeks I wouldn't be long using up all my holidays and getting hassle for taking days off.

Enough said! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Into the jacks with you. Put seat down. Sit on seat. Do not drop trousers. Pick up toilet roll. Place neatly in the angle between shoulder and neck - makes fantastic pillow.
    Tilt body to left. Lean head against side wall. Sleep for 2-3 hours.
    Awake refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of the day.
    Works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

LorMal wrote: »
    Pick up toilet roll.

But its trapped in some contraption. Now what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

*thoughts and prayers with the OP* Hope you make it man, I see you haven't posted in a while though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

That's no excuse. Your employer is paying you to work, not to sit around feeling sorry for yourself because you overdid it on the lager last night. It's classic Irish 'sure I'll get away with it' type thinking.

You tell him pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

If you made it into work, you now reek of booze. No way around it, it'll be creeping out of every pore.

Everyone knows what you were at last night.

Accept the fear...use it to keep yourself awake.

• Advertisement

Enough said! :rolleyes:

Enough said on what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Empty out a few lucozade bottles and fill them with whiskey, often got me through a bad Monday on the digger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

If you made it into work, you now reek of booze. No way around it, it'll be creeping out of every pore.

Everyone knows what you were at last night.

Accept the fear...use it to keep yourself awake.

Carry a strong hand sanitizer around with you. Use it when interacting with other people. It smells of alcohol and draws away any suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'd say right about now, the OP is fecking dying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Macavity. wrote: »
    Carry a strong hand sanitizer around with you. Use it when interacting with other people. It smells of alcohol and draws away any suspicion.

Ahem , If I may ..... spray your hands with the sanitizer , lick your hands , this method keeps you topped up with alcohol , thus avoiding sobriety.

Disclaimer : your stomach may or may not fall out of your arse.

I never get overly bothered about going in hungover or having a bit of a smell of drink off me (compared to some it appears), sure half the people in the place could be dying of a friday morning so nobody really cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nearly there OP

nearly there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I folded like a cheap suit and popped home at 11. There wasn't a savage need for me to be in today anyway. I'll just take it as a holiday. Everybody saying I'm an ass for going in hungover, yup your all right. It was a plebby thing to do and it happens every once in a while. Must just do better in future. Simple as. Thanks for all the advice. Some real pearls of wisdom in this thread.

Advertisement