Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much wednesday fun times

Options
  • 26-03-2015 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Went for grub with the missus last night. Stayed out for a drink. Some of her mates come along. Next thing I know, tis gone 4 in the morning. Got home and realized that if I slept I would never get up. Stayed up. In work now.
    I need tips for the next 2 hours to:
    Avoid people knowing I'm hungover
    I need tips for the next 8 hours to:
    Avoid people knowing I'm asleep or dam near it

I've already started on the coffee, water and sweets.
    I work at a desk for the day.
    Let the pearls of wisdom fall!

O and anyone saying you shouldn't drink on a Wednesday, to you I say, I know and you can **** right off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

fizzypish wrote: »
    Went for grub with the missus last night. Stayed out for a drink. Some of her mates come along. Next thing I know, tis gone 4 in the morning. Got home and realized that if I slept I would never get up. Stayed up. In work now.

I've already started on the coffee, water and sweets.
    I work at a desk for the day.
    Let the pearls of wisdom fall!

O and anyone saying you shouldn't drink on a Wednesday, to you I say, I know and you can **** right off.

To avoid hangover.....stay drinking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

To avoid hangover.....stay drinking!!!
    Excellent suggestion. Not an option though. I work on the continent too so they are less inclined to comprehend the Thursday hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Excellent suggestion. Not an option though. I work on the continent too so they are less inclined to comprehend the Thursday hangover.

You said you work at a desk. I'm calling BS on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

That's no excuse. Your employer is paying you to work, not to sit around feeling sorry for yourself because you overdid it on the lager last night. It's classic Irish 'sure I'll get away with it' type thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Eat a breakfast, have tea. The toughest time will be 11am to 2pm. Then you'll be ok but very tired.

That's no excuse. Your employer is paying you to work, not to sit around feeling sorry for yourself because you overdid it on the lager last night. It's classic Irish 'sure I'll get away with it' type thinking.

Jasus man. Did your mother not hug you enough as a child or something?

Cocaine. Never had it before. Never know how I'll react!

Breaky has already been sorted!
    Good suggestions people. Keep up this energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Jasus man. Did your mother not hug you enough as a child or something?

Cocaine. Never had it before. Never know how I'll react!

Breaky has already been sorted!
    Good suggestions people. Keep up this energy!

This has nothing to do with my Mother. It has all to do with you boasting on a public message forum about going out and drinking till 4am on a school night. Looking for excuses for your bad behaviour. Will your colleagues have to work harder as a result of you sitting around avoiding work? Will any deadlines be missed? Will the quality of the work you eventually decide to do be of a lesser quality than usual. I despise this sort of casual attitude to work. People are always on about employer responsibilities, but rarely apply the same critical eye to their own responsibilities. Not turning up hungover is one of the basic ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

Post is too coherent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Tell your boss you think you've got a touch of Ebola.
    Make sniffle noise and hack a cough.
    Go home early.
    Win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

This has nothing to do with my Mother. It has all to do with you boasting on a public message forum about going out and drinking till 4am on a school night. Looking for excuses for your bad behaviour. Will your colleagues have to work harder as a result of you sitting around avoiding work? Will any deadlines be missed? Will the quality of the work you eventually decide to do be of a lesser quality than usual. I despise this sort of casual attitude to work. People are always on about employer responsibilities, but rarely apply the same critical eye to their own responsibilities. Not turning up hungover is one of the basic ones.

I currently have a migraine, I will be turning up to work, I will be not very productive for quite a while, I will have to delegate and increase my colleagues workload ...sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Hic , haz anyone seen my snash box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod - stop posting in the thread with this kind of aggressive attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The first thing you'll need is chewing gum

The second thing you need is a clipboard

If you carry a clipboard people presume you're doing some work. You can carry a clipboard around all day long, you can sit in the canteen staring at a clipboard (with your eyes closed) and people will think you're incredibly hard working and dedicated. You'll probably get a raise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Get some black halls/ fisherman friends and tissues, mention having a cold.... The sweets should mask the smell and eyes being tired is the cold :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

If anyone calls you out just hit them with a heartfelt plea topped off with 'If that's wrong, I don't want to be right' then you bow to your slow clap as your boss stutters and stammers some square, legal response.

Fishermans friends sounds fantastic. Next time I see some in the shop, I'm buying some and leaving them at the desk. I have a nettle sting on my hand. I didn't even know they had nettles in this country.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Do what any honest person would do and take a day's leave.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Place a lot of tissues around yer desk, make lots of wretch noises and keep sniffling yer nose.

Keep on the coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Have you the facility for a hot shower? Night before booze tends to start oozing from one's pores around about midday :pac:

Also, you could do with some soakage - get a breakfast roll into you fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Squeeze a full lemon into a glass of warm water, That will wake you up. Also go for a power nap in the jacks:)))

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

De-stinkify yourself as much as possible. Go into work, tell your boss quietly that you're not feeling great. Do the best you can for a couple of hours. Run to the loo and be heartily, noisily, sick. Blame the take-away/chicken/seafood/mother-in-law's cooking you had for dinner. Go home to bed with food poisoning.

You'll get to go home to bed and you'll get kudos for coming in to work when you're poorly.

Do what any honest person would do and take a day's leave.

I'd rather waste a day hungover in work than waste a days holidays hungover. As a person who goes in hungover one day most weeks I wouldn't be long using up all my holidays and getting hassle for taking days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You shouldn't drink on a Wednesday night.

You drink during the day so you have longer to recover for the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Fresh Oranges are not only yummy, refreshing and a great way to wake you up but great for getting rid of the smell of drink too.

Then set up a few meetings with your pals in work to pass the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

If your colleagues notice your bleary eyed hungover state shrug in a slight self deprecating manner and inform them "Es mi dia primero". If anyone happens to cop that you were also in the office yesterday you could try "Bueno, soy irlandeso."

All that's left is to send MistyCheese a basket of muffins as a thank you for getting you out of your sticky situation. Throw in a handful of Lidl cookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Hand in your resignation. Theres little or not point continuing this farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fake a heart attack. Take the rest of the day off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Being paid by an employer and not working because you're hungover is more immoral than claiming the dole.

Advertisement