Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard & Whitesnake Tour 2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The new def lepperd record is meh. Looking forward to the show

2 weeks tonight. going solo im afraid. what a gig to top of my 2015 gigs (Slipknot, Fleetwood Mac, Acdc, Motley Crue, U2)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

What a fantastic month December is gonna be. Def Leppard/Whitesnake , Happy Mondays , The Selecter , Groove Armada , Annie Mac, and Bad Manners.

1 week away

Sadly nothing will top U2 and Mötley Crüe this year but this will be good

Starts at 6.50 with black star riders (aka thin lizzy)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

When do the tickets get posted out? as the last one i went to, had to queue up on the day at the RDS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Whitesnake won't play this but BSR might play "Bound for Glory" :D

Whitesnake on spotify

how many bloody versions of 'Here i go again' do they have, 2007 recording, 2011 recording, us recording, original recording etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Whoops...just read charter...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

3 sleeps to rock time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Whoops...just read charter...

You can post them here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71385332

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Any one any idea on stage times for tomorrow night?

looking forward to def leppard and black star riders but meh about whitesnake, watching recent vids online david coverdale does not sound great

PTH2009 wrote: »
    looking forward to def leppard and black star riders but meh about whitesnake, watching recent vids online david coverdale does not sound great

I'm the same except about Def Leppard :D , Videos of Whitesnake shows from this year aren't the best quality so they dont say a lot their set is huge on Deep Purple material which is no surprise given their latest album and a good few of those will be easier on his voice than a chunk of the Whitesnake stuff; the man is in his mid 60s if he's hopefully at 60% or so of his BEST YEARS :D it will be a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Any one any idea on stage times for tomorrow night?

It is listed on MCD's site.

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=3112969&ar=defleppardandwhitesnake

"DEF LEPPARD AND WHITESNAKE
    With special guests Black Star Riders

3ARENA // DECEMBER 6
    SSE ARENA BELFAST // DECEMBER 7
    Stage Times
    Black Star Riders - 6.40pm-7.20pm
    Whitesnake - 7.40pm-9.05pm
    Def Leppard - 9.35pm-11.00pm".

On route to the show

What a year of gigs for me slipknot, korn, Fleetwood Mac, acdc, the darkness, motley crue, Alice cooper and u2 plus the 3 bands tonight

A dream year sad to see it end

Enjoy the gig everyone

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Black Star Riders, excellent. Really enjoyed them.

Whitesnake, fantastic show. Coverdale put in a serious performance as did the rest of the band. Rocking!

Def Leppard, sound was shocking. Bass was far too high between bass guitar and drums. Brought their whole set down in my opinion. Amazing that they didn't get it sorted out early.

Snarky Snark Snark

I enjoyed that immensely, sound was shocking awful during the lep set though

but they and Whitesnake were pretty epic, Coverdales voice went to ****e at the end though

Joe had a sore throat I suspect but improved as the set went along. The first few songs were shocking from leppard (vocal wise). Enjoyed pssom, wlahc, hysteria, switch 652 and the encore of rock of ages and photograph

Whitesnske were better than I thought but didn't knw many of there songs.

BSR were good (someone made a bobo doing the PA during the background music before they came on stage , they started playing a recorded version of whiskey in the jar but quickly turned it off lol )

I'd be iffy about seeing lepperd again as its going to the same hits being played over and over again.

Good crowd there , I was in block f row 27 and the six seats beside me were empty

I enjoyed that immensely, sound was shocking awful during the lep set though

but they and Whitesnake were pretty epic, Coverdales voice went to ****e at the end though
    cournioni wrote: »
    Black Star Riders, excellent. Really enjoyed them.

Whitesnake, fantastic show. Coverdale put in a serious performance as did the rest of the band. Rocking!

Def Leppard, sound was shocking. Bass was far too high between bass guitar and drums. Brought their whole set down in my opinion. Amazing that they didn't get it sorted out early.

Whereabouts were ye standing?

I was in the middle, a few rows back from the front of the walkway and thought the sound for Def Leppard was really good, really clear, I didn't think the bass was too high.

I was in the middle, a few rows back from the front of the walkway and thought the sound for Def Leppard was really good, really clear, I didn't think the bass was too high.

I was actually around same area for all bands.

BSR were great,Whitesnake outstanding Coverdale was flying it,Def Leppard had trouble following IMO. Really good event overall done well too standing sold out and just 2 blue walls up in seated section.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I was seated, a few rows from the front of the balcony, block F. The vocals and particularly the leads were drowned out at times. Sound was perfect for BSR and Whitesnake.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

Great night last night. Whitesnake stole the show imo. Take a bow Tommy Aldridge , some drummer at 65!!!!
    Sound was poor for Def Leppard and I thought the order of their set was strange. We lost Animal and Love Bites in the first 4 songs .
    Great night though

Snarky Snark Snark

I was seated, a few rows from the front of the balcony, block F. The vocals and particularly the leads were drowned out at times. Sound was perfect for BSR and Whitesnake.

Seated also up in block M, sound was great for Whitesnake, didn't get there in time for the opening act.

I find, at gigs in general, the sound is usually good when you are in the middle.

In the Academy, for example, I find that the sound is usually good when standing in front of the sound desk, but if I stand too close to the stage, or to the side, it gets a bit harsher and less full. I guess, when too close, the sound goes over your head.

I noticed that the sound can vary in the Olympia as well. I was at Mastodon, standing a good bit back, standing under the floor of the circle and the sound seemed to get a lot worse, maybe I was too far back.

I'm curious why the lights at the end of the walkway were not used for Black Star Riders. They were pretty much in darkness, when they came towards the end of the walkway!

seoirsem wrote: »
    Great night last night. Whitesnake stole the show imo. Take a bow Tommy Aldridge , some drummer at 65!!!!
    Sound was poor for Def Leppard and I thought the order of their set was strange. We lost Animal and Love Bites in the first 4 songs .
    Great night thoug
    h

they should of started with Animal and then done lets go (which was a bad opening). pity we didnt hear Bringing on the heartbreak or foolin but the set had the essential hits

Anyone knw what Joes house is like in Stepaside. Rick Savage had a house in greystones i think which he sold for 1.8 million and it looked magnifacint

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

The evening started well with BSR putting a blistering set albeit a short one and the fact that they were not given much lighting to work with. Whitesnake next and they gave one of their best performances here in years. Leppard had a big act to follow and never really matched Coverdale & Co but they still put in a good performance and there were no sound issues where we were sitting.

22979402273_493fd5a23c_c.jpg

22979401093_0ef4c9fcd7_c.jpg

23580387866_6f8f2be79a_c.jpg

23310762200_9d79b0c123_c.jpg

23606436425_45bfdf30ea_c.jpg

23310744160_404eff22fd_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

Loved it..went with a friend who never managed to see Def Leppard back in the day & I went just for Whitesnake and we both had a blast (standing is the only way to go :P) Great crowd and great bands..was worried as Guns'n'Roses was a let down but enjoyed this and Mr Tommy Aldridge...just WOW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Mr Tommy Aldridge ;)

22979385683_5519867ae9_c.jpg

during whitesnake david picked out 2 hot blonde twins from the crowd. do you think they were strategically placed there so they be noticed ???. i think they appeared on camara during one of def leppards songs

• Advertisement
Advertisement