Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard & Whitesnake Tour 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

PTH2009 wrote: »
    theres only crap seats left. going to try in the morning

What seat(s) did you get, i got GA2, not great, probably prefer standing, as when they come on, you're not going to be sitting, it'd be difficult not to :)

Btw: What do TM charge for VisaDebit or is it the same as VisaCreditCard?

I heard Joe this morn on with Anton, i cant believe there's a Hysteria Cruise Tour, lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What seat(s) did you get, i got GA2, not great, probably prefer standing, as when they come on, you're not going to be sitting, it'd be difficult not to :)

Btw: What do TM charge for VisaDebit or is it the same as VisaCreditCard?

I heard Joe this morn on with Anton, i cant believe there's a Hysteria Cruise Tour, lol!

GA2 and standing are the exact same thing :D:D:D

GA2 and standing are the exact same thing :D:D:D

:) I was going by the coloured chart on the seating, it shows it's tiered seating?

Where would a prefered place to be, as the seating chart isn't clear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

mine are GA1...so wherres that then?

Same thing floor standing also ridiculous how many times this question is asked its used to track the tickets sold nothing at all to do with seating in block G.

• Advertisement

Same thing floor standing also ridiculous how many times this question is asked its used to track the tickets sold nothing at all to do with seating in block G.

I've only asked this the first time, just found it strange, as it's the 1st time to the 3Arena, as i asked for standing, i got
    Section GA2 Row ** Seats ***

But here's a pic below of the chart seating, as the coloured chart does put you off, if you say it's standing! 15071s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

€555 for a Def Leppard Meet and Greet..... Cnuts

I've only asked this the first time, just found it strange, as it's the 1st time to the 3Arena, as i asked for standing, i got
    Section GA2 Row ** Seats ***

as the coloured chart does put you off, if you say it's standing!

Nowhere on that chart is there a section GA2!! ONLY G, you have standing tickets not coz I say either, the venue will tell ya that when you try enter but when you recieve the tickets STANDING will be written on them anyway. numbered rows are put in to track ticket counts sold. Enjoy the gig :).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,075 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got 1 ticket block f row 24 seat 171

Still a long time to go but it will be a great gig

The top sections will probly be closed off

Nothing will beat the 2011 gig with Alice cooper and thin lizzy but hopefully this does didn't see the 2009 show with whitesnake

Nowhere on that chart is there a section GA2!! ONLY G, you have standing tickets not coz I say either, the venue will tell ya that when you try enter but when you recieve the tickets STANDING will be written on them anyway. numbered rows are put in to track ticket counts sold. Enjoy the gig :).

Thanks, i found out that GA means General Attendance & as you say it's a way of tracking/numbering us.
    Looking fwd to the gig, cant wait :)

Although i hope they send out the tickets out quicker this time, as my last gig was at The RDS & eventually got them at the Box Office.
    Afaik the artist found out & gave out to TM as they should have been sent out straight away!

• Advertisement

Thanks, i found out that GA means General Attendance & as you say it's a way of tracking/numbering us.
    Looking fwd to the gig, cant wait :)

Although i hope they send out the tickets out quicker this time, as my last gig was at The RDS & eventually got them at the Box Office.
    Afaik the artist found out & gave out to TM as they should have been sent out straight away!

You get the tickets 5 seconds after completing your booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,010 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

You get the tickets 5 seconds after completing your booking?

not if you choose physical tickets to be sent out to you.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    not if you choose physical tickets to be sent out to you.

well thats a choice/risk made by the person then I guess...dunno why anyone wouldnt just take them online when they are buying them online...not worrying bout postal times or queueing at box office then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,010 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

well thats a choice/risk made by the person then I guess...dunno why anyone wouldnt just take them online when they are buying them online...not worrying bout postal times or queueing at box office then

I know what you mean, but imagine me collecting tickets for more than 10 years now. The pdf thing is not the same.
    And in fairness I never had a case that the tickets would be very delayed, usually they are posted 2-3 weeks after I order them.

I know what you mean, but imagine me collecting tickets for more than 10 years now. The pdf thing is not the same.
    And in fairness I never had a case that the tickets would be very delayed, usually they are posted 2-3 weeks after I order them.

makes sense then I guess..Hadnt thought of that! Good on ye..I still have my MC Hammer ticket from the point depot in 1993 somewhere....Ill get me coat...

Yeah, an a4 print out isnt the same as an actual ticket, that's later a collector's item, on the website it says, it will be sent out 2-3 days before concert, considering it's on a Sun, it'd be better if it was 2-3 weeks after ordering?
    makes sense then I guess..Hadnt thought of that! Good on ye..I still have my MC Hammer ticket from the point depot in 1993 somewhere....Ill get me coat...

Same here as i've my ticket somewhere from the last time i saw Def Leppard in the Point in 1991 called In The Round, tickets were IR15 punts :)
    Has anyone any memories from then, as it's vague to me now

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭deviladvocate

Another often overlooked benefit of the actual tickets is that if for whatever reason something comes up and you genuinely can't make it to the gig, they're much easier to resell than an a4 printout, which can be so easily duplicated!
    I know a few people that have lost out a good bit of money not being able to get rid of paper tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Was thinking back to when i first seen Def Leppard in Dublin... It was on the Pyromania tour in the TV club on the 11th Feb 1983... i got my hands on a set list... not sure where it is now ... :( and a year later (Feb 1984) i saw Whitesnake on the Slide it in tour, they played 2 nights in the SFX. Cozy powell was drumming with them and the band stayed in the gresham hotel... I met them all and had a photo taken with David and Jon Lord... I will try put them up later if anyone is interested in seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,075 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

35 more weeks to go til Dublin lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

Never seen Whitesnake with DC, they did a tour ages ago with another singer in the then Button factory. Coverdale's voice hasn't been good in ages so it'll be interesting to see how he holds up now, Def Leppard always a good gig, seen them loads most notably being in the round about '93 or so in the point. Also saw them in the Ambassoder about ten years ago, wasn't going to go till I got free tickets and was most pleasantly surprised how good they still were.

• Advertisement

Never seen Whitesnake with DC, they did a tour ages ago with another singer in the then Button factory.

Are you sure about this...? David Coverdale IS Whitesnake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

laros wrote: »
    Was thinking back to when i first seen Def Leppard in Dublin... It was on the Pyromania tour in the TV club on the 11th Feb 1983... i got my hands on a set list... not sure where it is now ... :( and a year later (Feb 1984) i saw Whitesnake on the Slide it in tour, they played 2 nights in the SFX. Cozy powell was drumming with them and the band stayed in the gresham hotel... I met them all and had a photo taken with David and Jon Lord... I will try put them up later if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Would love to see them cheers, as far as I am aware DC has always been the main man for Whitesnake as said it is his band. His voice wasn't to bad the last time they played here but their sets have been getting shorter.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    35 more weeks to go til Dublin lol.

Here's a countdown timer, to make it more fun!
    & isn't that the same date that a once well known dj said 'that's the day the culchies come to town for festive shopping' too early to say the other word considering he is one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

laros wrote: »
    Are you sure about this...? David Coverdale IS Whitesnake

Definitely, Bernie Marsden was playing with them and it was advertised as Whitesnake. I'll look up the date but it was probably about 15 years or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

Definitely, Bernie Marsden was playing with them and it was advertised as Whitesnake. I'll look up the date but it was probably about 15 years or so ago.

Think that was Company of Snakes - ex whitesnake members playing old whitesnake songs from when they were in the band, had marsden, moody and murray in band. Whitesnake has always been David Coverdale. He used the name on his first solo album, David Coverdales Whitesnake after purple breakup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Question: Does anyone know if there are seated tickets available? I'd love to treat the Mammy to this as her birthday is in December and she's a massive Whitesnake fan but she has health issues that would make standing for the duration intensely agonizing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

McChubbin wrote: »
    Question: Does anyone know if there are seated tickets available? I'd love to treat the Mammy to this as her birthday is in December and she's a massive Whitesnake fan but she has health issues that would make standing for the duration intensely agonizing.

Yea there will be seating upstairs

Yea there will be seating upstairs

Currently showing limited availability only blocks B and D displaying considering they are reasonable sections D obviously sales prob slowish and they are shifting tickets as they see fit?

I got a standing as I was paid today woohoo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Not too long away now :D

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Advertisement