Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Can Now Drive Around The World.... (Almost)

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Won't be much point. Since we're getting the flying car in a few years apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Spunge wrote: »
    damn i just assumed it was a few hundred miles north. right beside NK and japan. mind blown
    Love to visit Vladivostok meself, there's a lucrative business there buying cars in Japan and driving them west to Moscow and St. Petersburg, be a hell of a journey.

http://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/2008/06/trans-siberian-highway/mckenzie-funk-text/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Omackeral wrote: »
    A 12,400 mile super highway is being proposed that would take people from Britain to America in what would be the ultimate road trip. It is an idea being put forward in a way to improve Russia's tourism, with the hope that people would be more willing to travel through the country having a much more desired destination at the end, like the States.

The Siberian Times report that the route would be based on The Trans-Sibera Railway, going through cities like Yekaterinburg, Irkutsk and Vladivostok. Not exactly most sought after tourist locations it must be admitted.

Meanwhile we're just sitting here waiting on the Luas lines to be joined up...

Would be great if the lads on Top Gear could do a road tr..........oh wait.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Would have benefited from losing Charley Boorman in the edit.

Post of the day - right there.
    Take a bow.

Charlie Boorman ruined that show...and the subsequent spin offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Post of the day - right there.
    Take a bow.

I didn't mind Charlie too much, what pissed me off was Ewan bringing his missus along (Long Way Down) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Wouldnt fancy that on a motorbike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

The Guardian's take on Boorman's adventures were spot on & made me chuckle.

– Charley on riding a motorbike through Sulawesi: "Here I am on a motorbike, and it's beautiful, beautiful countryside, just stunning."

– Charley on boatbuilding: "Beautiful, I like it, that's amazing."

– Charley on a Toyota Land Cruiser: "Beautiful, just beautiful."

– Charley on riding a motorbike through Sulawesi, part 2: "It's beautiful, just riding along the coastline, up and down the mountains, and all sorts of different places. It's – very, very, very beautiful here."

– Charley on the view: "Look at that, incredible, it's just so beautiful here."

– Charley on the weather: "The weather's just so beautiful here."

– Charley on riding a motorbike through Sulawesi, part 3: "We'll just ride and ride and ride, and it's going to be beautiful."

They may as well have sent Bernard Matthews. I'm glad you're having a lovely holiday Charley, and I admire your enthusiasm, but I don't really understand why this is on television. You need to tell me interesting stuff, entertain me, or amuse me. Or do something extraordinary. And I'm not sure this is extraordinary – your team of fixers calling ahead to arrange for you to borrow beautiful Harley-Davidsons and Toyota Land Cruisers
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...grylls-ferrell

Advertisement