Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billions [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I thought last week was the finale. 3 more episodes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Episode 10 was a bit meh after 9 last week but the clip of episode 11 looks very interesting indeed

doesn’t look like Chuck is going anywhere sadly, he’s getting boring now

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The script writing has gone all West Wing with rapid responses and too much introspection. It just looks naff now, I think it lost cred a few episodes ago where for some stupid reason they were listing the cost of all the clothes/jewellery they were wearing in each scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yeah, what the **** was that all about?

Not sure why I'm still watching but I'll stick it out till the end. Sunken cost fallacy...or something. 🤤

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

It's just rinse and repeat.

Chucks new revenge plan is just like that last plan against axe. Make him fight a battle that he thinks he can win but can't.

Its the same story line with just a new character.

Watchable but if this season was the first season I wouldn't make it past the first couple of episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Yeah, we even learned in this episode that Chuck will never change. Nice to see Dave taking charge though, and having to tell Chuck she's the boss now, and cases don't concern him.

I didn’t see that coming

I like Mike 2028 🤣

I'm halfway through the episode and accidentally clicked on this thread!

You must be bored if you’re browsing boards while watching billions lol

shame they don’t put a spoilers warning in the title of the thread to save people accidentally clicking on it

It's one of those show that I feel has gone downhill. So I have it on an external monitor while I'm working. If there's anything that I need to concentrate on in an episode I can pause and pay attention to it. But I wouldn't dedicate any time to actually sit down and watch an episode of it.

• Advertisement

Fairly obvious move for a character that is hungry for absolute power.

Just a slightly different rehash of earlier seasons. It's gotten boring and predictable. I'll probably just give it until the end of this season and then drop it.

agreed - it feels like its been the same for the last few seasons.

Still easy watching for a Monday evening. It's been renewed for a 7th so no doubt another round of the same back and forth battles that kinda go nowhere.

About time Chuck just retired. Spend some time looking after his kids before it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I enjoyed the latest episode... good fun, a few overdue funny scenes involving Wags!

One thing that bugs me when watching this that doesn't ring true is something that happens in almost every other scene. Two (or more) characters are having a conversation and almost mid-sentence or before the other person draws breath, the person speaking turns on their heels and walks away quickly! Mike Prince does it in almost every scene he's in. I've nearly made a drinking game out of it - there he goes, walking off stage again.

good episode, i didnt know which way it was going to go

i think chuck needs to go at this stage

Chuck is just totally unsuitable in his position. Dave needs to rethink working with him.

Such lazy writing though, with the presigned warrant.

Is there another episode this season, or is it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

That was it, I think. Absolutely turgid season.

Viewing figures show it's dropped about 60% since it started.

I won't be tuning in next season anyway.

fa from done according to this article in bustle

The Billions Season 7 Cast & Plot

Though Showtime has yet to make any official announcements, it’s likely that the Season 7 will see the return of many longtime Billions cast members, including Maggie Siff (Wendy Rhoades), David Costabile (Mike “Wags” Wagner), Condola Rashād (Kate Sacker), Asia Kate Dillon (Taylor Amber Mason), Jeffrey DeMunn (Charles Rhoades Sr.), and Giamatti. Some newer additions from Season 6 are also likely to reprise their roles for the upcoming season, such as Daniel Breaker (Scooter Dunbar) and Sakina Jaffrey (Daevisha “Dave” Mahar) in addition to Stoll.

Not much has been revealed about the potential plot of Billions Season 7, but co-creator Brian Koppelman did say that he’s confident they can continue the show for several more seasons. “We’re still really engaged,” Koppelman told the Los Angeles Times. “We love the way the season ends, and we feel it gives us plenty of runway moving forward.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That last episode was probably the most ridiculous of them all and that's saying something.

Chuck basically given carte blanche to do what he wanted by ex colleagues,cops etc . Then Dave tidys it all up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

“We’re still really engaged,” Koppelman told the Los Angeles Times. “We love the way the season ends, and we feel it gives us plenty of runway moving forward.”

This just reads as, 'we are still making money out of this, and enjoying ourselves, and don't really care if the story makes any sense. We can make up any old shité to keep it going and we'll still get enough viewers'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

All that's missing at this stage is a storyline where someone fakes their death. The shark has been well and truly jumped and is way back in the rear view mirror. Not to say that I won't keep watching anyway. I probably will out of habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How about Mike Prince rips off a mask to revel he was Axe all along .

The real Prince was killed by Wags months ago 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Season finale was one of the most contrived Billions episodes ever, and that's saying a lot. The hardest part to believe would be that Dave is mediating something between Prince and Chuck where she has a huge conflict of interest. I wouldn't be surprised if somehow in the coming seasons Chuck is running for president against Prince

It isn’t even entertainingly stupid anymore.

So the build up for the nest series is the same as them all - ohh we have a bigger and better plan to bring down the rich guy...again..

How was chuck able to do all he did now that he's just a man of the people with no power - lazy writing at best.

It's bad when when you watch a show just to see it end.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,716 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It should have ended when Damian Lewis (completely understandably) left the show.. but that was never going to happen in an age where any show that survives the annual cull will be kept going as long as they can milk it.

I don't like Prince and any difference between him and Axe is just that Prince has a better public face. I don't like how Wags and most of the others have been relegated, and Chuck's storylines are just getting more ridiculous with each episode.

That said, the second half of the season was stronger alright, but still very poor overall. Yet, I'll probably keep watching out of habit and to see how it finally ends (probably at the end of next season if the ratings slide continues).

• Advertisement

I can see only 2 ways this show can be saved, either they catalogue the decline of Prince and show how his hubris cost him his fortune, or Axe returns and wants his throne back. If the next season is more of the same Chuck v Billionaire, it’s like the road runner cartoon with repeated stupid failures.

Advertisement